• 98(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
here you go mate, hopefully this time with debug
http://pastebin.com/s3HHfbZT

unfortunately even with 2.4.11 i have same problems.

can't start bbcone no matter what i select.
as for other thing i've tried same things with 2.4.11:
1. starting once again akamai stream (it failed)
2.starting once with "any" option stream (it failed)
2. trying to start it through limelight (multiple times, all failed)
3. changed port to 80 which..
4. starts limelight but lasts only a couple of seconds and the exits.
5. returned port to default value after which limelight doesn't want to start (status bar just blinks and that's that)

thank you so much for everything and your amazing work!
exobuzz Wrote:I made a typo, so im going to push out another release in a moment.

[edit] ok 2.4.11 is out.

Done, thanks.
higgsboson Wrote:thank you so much for everything and your amazing work!

Are you in the UK? It looks like networking issues to me, either on your network, or between you and the cdn. Also if you have any firewall blocking outbound connections ? do ondemand streams work ?

for example with the akamai http stream

22:50:30 T:5572 M:4294967295 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
22:50:30 T:5572 M:4294967295 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.

This isn't plugin related. For whatever reason, xbmc didn't manage to get any data from the cdn.

it's also worth checking you have "play" set as default select action, as others have reported this being a problem (although the log points to networking related issues, but its possible this interferes perhaps).
Hey, thanks for help! I supposed it was network issue so I'm going to try some experimental techniques, such as turning of firewall completely and such.

I'm in Uk but i don't have XBMC dedicated computer so something might be amiss with that as well. *shrug*

I don't have any problems with ondemand streams, everything else works perfectly.

Thanks anyway for everything!
Hey exobuzz

Someone just posted about BBC Player on this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100580

At the moment I'm getting the ondemand content using the proxy settings of the iPlayer plugin (thank you so much for making that possible!). Looking at the BBC Player program it is accessing the live streams via an inbuilt tor proxy, in a very similar manner.

The included privoxy config looks like this:
Code:
listen-address 127.0.0.1:8118

## BBC
forward-socks5 *.*.*.*/*/.*/0                      127.0.0.1:9050 .
forward-socks5 www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/        127.0.0.1:9050 .
forward-socks5 news.bbc.co.uk/media/emp/          127.0.0.1:9050 .
forward-socks5 open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/ 127.0.0.1:9050 .
forward-socks5 playlists.bbc.co.uk/media/emp/     127.0.0.1:9050 .
forward-socks5 mercury.itv.com                    127.0.0.1:9050 .

Also, here is a log of my XP Virtual Machine accessing the BBC One livestream here in France via BBC Player. I hope you can use this information to get the live streams working for us ex-pats missing UK Tele Smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2830812/BBCPlayer.log
higgsboson Wrote:Hey, thanks for help! I supposed it was network issue so I'm going to try some experimental techniques, such as turning of firewall completely and such.

I'm in Uk but i don't have XBMC dedicated computer so something might be amiss with that as well. *shrug*

I don't have any problems with ondemand streams, everything else works perfectly.

Thanks anyway for everything!

I'm seeing the same issue here (although through a proxy, on Ubuntu), but I also noticed watching the live streams through the webbrowser fails as well. You seem to be running windows, but are you actually able to view the live streams in the webbrowser?
This is AMAZING Big Grin

however i did try it on the mighty build (XBMCSetup-20110501-be6ae84-master.exe) with no success.
Try with Dharma 10.1 there's something messing it up when using the nightlies.
those who are running nightly builds, should be prepared that at times things may break. If you want a stable system, I recommend running the "official" point releases.

regarding the live streams - the streams themselves may be geolocked (perhaps some cdns do and some dont you would have to try), so you have no choice but to use a vpn (or live in the uk). Its also hard for me to test since I don't have a vpn outside of the uk. It's also something I don't wish to spend more time on really.

You could also try looking at the available streams yourself using rtmpdump http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mti..._one_live/ (you will need to proxy this url)
bbc changed the bbc one live stream selection again. should be fine on "auto" but if you have akamai selected and the latest version it will fail. need to remove some code I added the other day to fix it. typical. i should have left it alone and waited Smile
Hitcher: another update im afraid. next time the bbc experiment I'm going to wait before committing a fix I think Smile

* revert akamai_hd changes (bbc switched back to akamai)
No worries, done.
Many thanks for the plugin Smile

I was wondering though if there's any way of also getting XBMC to play the live streams on non-iPlayer BBC pages (finished now, but an example would be the live snooker coverage that was on over the last few weeks, or the BBC F1 practice coverage on a F1 race weekend).
Aren't they on the Red button stream?
Hitcher Wrote:Try with Dharma 10.1 there's something messing it up when using the nightlies.

Yeah thats the first thing i did but i though ill posted saying the verson iPlayer-v2.4.11.zip never worked just keep pop up saying cant get feed :S

HOWEVER i just updated to the iPlayer-v2.4.12.zip using the nightlies. XBMCSetup-20110501-be6ae84-master.exe BUT when you go and watch say top gear the video freezes at the start not tryed radio yet Nerd so is getting there Tongue
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13