• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Scraper Editor (Based on ScraperXML open source C# Library) - Help wanted!
UsagiYojimbo Wrote:I have a question:

Is it possible with the ScraperXML Editor to create a multi-format scraper?
I mean a scraper that can scrape EG movies as well as tv-shows or even music videos?

The new answer to this question is : the newest version (not yet released) it is possible to make a scraper with 1 of all scraper types all in one addon. Addon's are treated as projects. So its concievable that you can make a addon containing a movie scraper, a tv scraper, a music video scraper, a album scraper, a artist scraper and even a include/import, all package in one. and still build/edit each scraper in it as individual scrapers (as long as each scraper points to its own library file)
ScraperXML Open Source Web Scraper Library compatible with XBMC XML Scrapers

I Suck, and if you act now by sending only $19.95 and a self addressed stamped envelop, so can you!

Question 
Nicezia Wrote:the newest version (not yet released)

May I ask, when will it be released? Or even a beta version?
@Nicezia

Just a quick thank you from a newbie scraper dev. I would have given in very quickly without your tool.

I'm also glad for the person that mentioned they had missed the latest version as your link to the SF project has version 2.15 on the homepage, which I had naively downloaded without properly looking. Glad I found v3.6.9.5 tucked away in the Files section. Maybe you could make your link a little more direct to the latest version?

Anyway, big thanks again!
I would love to see this project adapted to work with XBMC 10.0/10.1's addon style scrapers... I see that you last posted about the new unreleased version back in november... has there been any more recent development?
No new development ever since?

I put together a similar editor in Java. If anybody interested in it, I could upload somewhere... Cool
(2012-10-09, 07:04)UsagiYojimbo Wrote: No new development ever since?

I put together a similar editor in Java. If anybody interested in it, I could upload somewhere... Cool

I would be interested!
(2012-10-09, 17:14)akuiraz Wrote:
(2012-10-09, 07:04)UsagiYojimbo Wrote: I put together a similar editor in Java. If anybody interested in it, I could upload somewhere... Cool
I would be interested!

Well, I opened a project for it on SF.net. Download page.
(2012-10-10, 06:18)UsagiYojimbo Wrote: Well, I opened a project for it on SF.net. Download page.

Nice work! Any plans to add the tester to this?

Big Grin 
(2012-10-11, 17:40)gbandit Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 06:18)UsagiYojimbo Wrote: Well, I opened a project for it on SF.net. Download page.
Nice work! Any plans to add the tester to this?

Nod Yeah, that is the next feature.
There are also some minor problems, that i intend to solve. (Like the left side tree not scrolling for some reasons...)
Yeah you should really add some scrolling or the ability to collapse those trees because I currently can't use it because I can't access all the functions.
(2012-10-21, 15:17)takoi Wrote: Yeah you should really add some scrolling or the ability to collapse those trees because I currently can't use it because I can't access all the functions.

Scrolling already done, and also a simple tester added.
New Release v0.1.2-28:
- Added Drag'n'Drop of RegExps: Dragged node exchange or replace target node.
- Added Duplicate menuitem to RegExp's popup menu.
- Some minor improvements.
I am looking for someone who would help me writing documentation.
User's manual and on-line help would be needed.
I have some issues with your tool.

the frameframe version string is poorly generated on german systems:
<scraper framework="1,1" ...>
I assume this will happen with every floating point numbers and scrapers will parse this as version 11 which is wrong.

Therefore,
please use InvariantCulture in your float <> string conversions routines.

Also please fix the null pointers which happens a lot in the UI (function list).

Thanks,
Final
Here's a few bugs:
- When using the "check scraper" menu to create new functions, the tree list is not updated until you create another one via right-click
- Removing functions does not work
- The "expression" box is cleared if you click on a regexp with empty expression
- When browsing for files, there's no way to enter a hidden folder
- $INFO[language] etc, $$n and %20 in the output attribute are not substituted

The last one is kinda critical because the scraper tester will fail before it can get started:/. Other than that, this tool is looking great so far. Already more stable than the old mono stuff, at least on linux.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Scraper Editor (Based on ScraperXML open source C# Library) - Help wanted!1