XBMC on Fedora 11
Alright, I can't be the first to try this out on Fedora 11, right? I had a few issues to begin with. ./configure had an issue with mysqlclient and SDL_image.

I was able to use ln to fix the mysqlclient issue, as in: "ln -s /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so"

I thought I had the SDL_Image issue fixed similarly with a "ln /usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.5 /usr/lib/libSDL_image.so". There are two files in /usr/lib/ for libSDL though, one ending in ".1.5" and one ending in just the ".0". I tried linking to both, running ./configure after each try. It makes it through configure, but when I make it says the following. Any thoughts? I also had a problem where it couldn't find SDL_mixer, but a yum install SDL_mixer and SDL_mixer-devel fixed that up. Of course make might run into other problems too, but I'm stuck here for now.

make xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC'
make -C xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports'
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -MD -c -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/local/share/xbmc\"" -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="21096"' -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDLL_PATH_LIBCURL="\"/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4\"" -I. -I../../../ -I../../../linux -I../../../../guilib -I/root/linuxport/XBMC -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/lzo emu_dummy.cpp -o emu_dummy.o
In file included from ../../../stdafx.h:33,
from emu_dummy.cpp:22:
../../../../guilib/gui3d.h:168:27: error: SDL/SDL_image.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [emu_dummy.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports'
make[1]: *** [xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC'
make: *** [exports] Error 2
Seeing it wanted to find SDL/SDL_image.h, I did a find, and it found the following. Does this help? Oddly, there is no xbmc/lib/libSDL-Linux/ directory. Should there be? Can I link to one of these files?

[root@nobel XBMC]# find . -name SDL_image.h
./xbmc/lib/libSDL-WIN32/include/SDL/SDL_image.h
./xbmc/lib/libSDL-OSX/SDL/SDL_image.h
There is a /usr/include/SDL/ directory with a bunch of .h files in it, but not SDL_image.h. Adding more info as I find it...
ah ha, SDL_image was installed, but a "yum install SDL_image-devel" showed me it was not. Will reconfigure and update you.
yep, that did it. make is progressing after installing SDL_image-devel. I still wonder if I needed to make that ln to the SDL_image*.so, and which one I should have linked to ".0" or "0.1.5". Thoughts?
I followed instructions at http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-xbm...ora-9-i386 generally, and I wonder why yum install SDL* didn't catch the items above?
Alright, made it a fair way through until some "goom" errors. Pasting in the errors here before I go look into them, but any ideas in the meantime?

config.status: creating libgoom2.pc
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
Making all in src
make[3]: Entering directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0/src'
/bin/sh ../ylwrap goomsl_yacc.y y.tab.c goomsl_yacc.c y.tab.h goomsl_yacc.h y.output goomsl_yacc.output -- bison -y -d
updating goomsl_yacc.h
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"SDL_Goom\" -DVERSION=\"2k4\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -DYYTEXT_POINTER=1 -DHAVE_MMX=1 -DCPU_X86=1 -I. -g -O2 -MT goomsl_yacc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/goomsl_yacc.Tpo -c -o goomsl_yacc.lo goomsl_yacc.c
libtool: compile: gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"SDL_Goom\" -DVERSION=\"2k4\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -DYYTEXT_POINTER=1 -DHAVE_MMX=1 -DCPU_X86=1 -I. -g -O2 -MT goomsl_yacc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/goomsl_yacc.Tpo -c goomsl_yacc.c -fPIC -DPIC -o goomsl_yacc.o
goomsl_yacc.y: In function ‘gsl_declare_global_variable’:
goomsl_yacc.y:1186: error: ‘FLOAT_TK’ undeclared (first use in this function)
goomsl_yacc.y:1186: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
goomsl_yacc.y:1186: error: for each function it appears in.)
goomsl_yacc.y:1187: error: ‘INT_TK’ undeclared (first use in this function)
goomsl_yacc.y:1188: error: ‘PTR_TK’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make[3]: *** [goomsl_yacc.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
make[1]: *** [goom2k4-0/src/.libs/libgoom2.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom'
make: *** [visualizations] Error 2
Since goom is just a visualization, can I tell make or configure to ignore it, or do we have thoughts on a fix? Sounds from my post above that FLOAT_TK and INT_TK in function gsl_declare_global_variable are not defined. Not sure where that function is...
This post may be useful, reading it now: http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php/t-45463.html
cd xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0/
./aclocal
configure.in:22: warning: macro `AM_PATH_XMMS2' not found in library
configure.in:29: warning: macro `AM_PATH_SDL2' not found in library

My SDL problem rearing its ugly head?
removed Goom from Makefile and Makefile.in (two lines in each), continuing with make, would like thoughts though. I'm guessing SDL or XMMS related, and considering my earlier issues with SDL, I'll go with that...
alright, it compiled and is running. will report any further issues...
Do you really need to post everything you do? Why not just keep notes to yourself, and then contribute to http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_c...nux_CentOS once you're finished?
ceros Wrote:Do you really need to post everything you do? Why not just keep notes to yourself, and then contribute to http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_c...nux_CentOS once you're finished?

Yeah, I do. 1) I find posts like this are helpful when you run into problems installing an app under linux, especially for the next person. You can see what the poster went through, since you'll likely run into the same issues in the same order. 2) If it was easy to combine the forum notes I make into a HOWTO, I would. 3) I didn't know the HOWTO's existed. 4) I've been told by others it helps them, but hey - I feel stupid doing it sometimes too, especially when the posts are back to back and lengthy.
Quote:2) If it was easy to combine the forum notes I make into a HOWTO, I would
ctrl+c, ctrl+v
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Fedora 111