Very High CPU Usuage
I took a look at the thread on how to post a problem, and hope that I have provided everything that you need.

When I am in XBMC my CPU usage is very high. It is telling me that it is hitting as high as 90%, and I am not playing any type of movie or file. I have been running XBMC in a window as I get it set up (and I can't get it into full screen, but that may be a different issue), and I only have problems when I am in the XBMC window.

My stats:

XBMC 9.04.1 r20654
Ubuntu 9.04
architecture i686

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache
MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H
4 gig of Ram

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/m7f8734a9

(sorry I don't know how to do that cool little window in the post)

Thanks for any help,

Matt
meschaefer Wrote:Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/m7f8734a9

(sorry I don't know how to do that cool little window in the post)

That's perfectly fine - in fact that "cool little window" is fine for small snippets, not entire logfiles. Try enabling vsync, that should fix your cpu load.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Quote:07:56:26 T:3064903536 M:2471841792 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = Mesa Project
07:56:26 T:3064903536 M:2471841792 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Software Rasterizer

There's your problem, you need a proper driver for your videocard (one that supports opengl).
bobo1on1 Wrote:There's your problem, you need a proper driver for your videocard (one that supports opengl).

A little bit of research and I learn that "software rasterization" means that I am using software and the CPU as opposed to hardware (the GPU) to do video. Which is not only slower, but a complete waste of resources.

So I need to update my video drivers so that I am using the GPU as opposed to the CPU and hopefully that should make a tremendous difference.

Do I got that right?`
Oh...and before I forget.... thank you for your time on this.
meschaefer Wrote:Do I got that right?`

Exacto mundo!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
basically, you need to install the drivers for your GFX(nvidia/ati) card, if it's opengl-capable.
read up on how to do that for your distro.

Damn you guys type fast! or is it my ISP that's too slow? :p
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
Thanks guys, that solved that problem.

Only thing is that the NVIDIA drivers, cause my system to crash but that seems to be an issue beyond XBMC...off to another set of boards
Just an update.

After screwing around with a NVIDIA Driver problem, I did a fresh install of ubuntu and installed the very newest NVIDIA Driver 185, downloaded directly from NVIDIA. Once I had that running I was able to run XBMC without a problem.

Thanks for all your help, which is extremely appreciated after the lackluster help I received on the Ubuntu forum trying to get my driver problem squared away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very High CPU Usuage0