XBMC and DVB-S2 TV tuners?
Question 
Hello everybody,
I'm very new to xbmc and to this forum!
I've used xbmc on htpc with linux Ubuntu for couple weeks and got some questions I couldn't find answers for!
First of all I'm interested how can I (I'm sure this can be done) get DVB-S2 tuner work with xbmc!? I have no idea how to do this! Please HELP!!!!!!!
XBMC does not natively support dvb devices. There is work in progress going on on a branch that will eventually allow xbmc to be used as a frontend to other dvb apps, like vdr, mythtv or tvheadend and there are some "interim" solutions availabe atm, do a search for "tvheadend" for example.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you for your answer!!!
So I can get XBMC work with mythtv (integrated)?
And dose mythtv supports DVB-S2?
the integration is being worked on in a special branch. search for "unified pvr" in the forum. Just be warned that it's slow work and might take a while before it makes it to trunk. In the meantime, there are two ways to get mythtv streams into xbmc:
1- native: search the mythtv (or xbmx's) wiki for "mythtv://"
2- search for the mythtv plugin in this forum
as for mythtv and what it supports, i believe this would be better answered in the mythtv wiki.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
the http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/pvr-testing branch
works very fine here with dvb-s2 and vdr.
as the branch name states this is WIP, but alwinus already did
a great job on this and he's working on it very actively.
Thanks a lot, still don't know what to do with all this (http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/pvr-testing) But I'll try to... Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and DVB-S2 TV tuners?0