• 4(current)
"MCE" skin. Port of the default Media Portal skin.
just wanted to say awesome job. one of the best skins out there. i prefer this over any other skin. looks very professional.
really nice skin! i like it a lot. back then when i made my mce port i had trouble with the overlays too. theres nothing much you can do. the screens just aint supposed to have that many buttons. and by now we have even more buttons. i guess we can reduce the button count really soon - once we get context menus...

great job - keep it up  Nod

ps: maybe give the thumbpanels a 16:9 fix - im sure people would like that Wink

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

great skin ! :thumbsup:

i've found a little bug in the audio options.

try to move beyond the audio output control and try to move back to volume amplification option. Wink

greets

bobbin007
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

like it :kickass:
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(chokemaniac @ sep. 14 2004,19:21 Wrote:ps: maybe give the thumbpanels a 16:9 fix - im sure people would like that Wink
hmm... i not sure if i can fix that without a 16x9 display?

i switched xmbc to 16x9 and fixed the aspect of the thumbnailpanel icons, but i don't know if i did it properly.
is that all i need to do, or does the image get squeezed vertically when using a real 16x9 display?
i would think that it doesn't, but i don't want to add a "fix" that makes things worse. :p

(bobbin007 @ sep. 14 2004,20:43 Wrote:great skin ! :thumbsup:

i've found a little bug in the audio options.

try to move beyond the audio output control and try to move back to volume amplification option.  Wink
oops missed that one. :p
thanks for pointing it out.
i think the actual thumb textures are auto-scaled to take account of the tvs pixel ratio, though i'm not 100% sure.

the frame is not however (confusing, isn't it) so this must be done correctly.

oh how i wish there was a decent skinning app available for the pc - even just something that allowed a preview in the different screenmodes would be good.

how and where in the xml files can i change it so the big icons have 8 showing instead of 6, because it would suit better this way for me.

thanks
(jmarshall @ sep. 17 2004,09:54 Wrote:i think the actual thumb textures are auto-scaled to take account of the tvs pixel ratio, though i'm not 100% sure.

the frame is not however (confusing, isn't it) so this must be done correctly.

oh how i wish there was a decent skinning app available for the pc - even just something that allowed a preview in the different screenmodes would be good.
hmm.. i see.
so adjusting the textureheight and the thumbpos is all that really needs to be done (to fix this aspect issue).

if my thinking is correct, taking a screenshot and resizing it to a 16x9 size would give me a good approximation of how the thumbnailpanel would look on a 16x9 screen.

so it would look like this after i made the adjustments?

i could be totally wrong though. :p
(gaberad @ sep. 19 2004,06:32 Wrote:how and where in the xml files can i change it so the big icons have 8 showing instead of 6, because it would suit better this way for me.

thanks
you will have the tweak the default thumbnail panel settings in the references.xml file in the folder for your tv standard (ntsc folder for ntsc and pal folder for pal).

the tags you will want to edit are:
<itemwidthbig>
<itemheightbig>
<texturewidthbig>
<textureheightbig>
<thumbwidthbig>
<thumbheightbig>
<thumbposxbig>
<thumbposybig>
pin87a -- the 16:9 skin looks great at 480p on my widescreen. very nice job! :thumbsup:

there are a couple of little glitches on the settings->files screen: the rename button is on every files page, even when something isn't selected. then when you do select a file/directory, the buttons overwrite each other. other than that, looks perfect! thanks!
(trogdor @ sep. 20 2004,05:12 Wrote:pin87a -- the 16:9 skin looks great at 480p on my widescreen. very nice job! :thumbsup:

there are a couple of little glitches on the settings->files screen: the rename button is on every files page, even when something isn't selected. then when you do select a file/directory, the buttons overwrite each other. other than that, looks perfect! thanks!
sweet. i'm surprised that actually worked.

thanks for pointing out the my files bug.
that was actually broken for every resolution. oops. :p

i updated the original post with a new version with a fixed "my files" section, 16x9 support, and ttf support. Smile
is there something i can edit to make the green focus buttons on the home/start page not be so long? bothers me for some reason!

great skin btw. just for kicks i greyscaled all the images and i think it looks great. you might want to release a grey version also! i think it would go over well on the scene.
(shznyt @ sep. 23 2004,04:59 Wrote:is there something i can edit to make the green focus buttons on the home/start page not be so long? bothers me for some reason!
you can add a <width></width> tag to each button in home.xml if you want to change the size.

technically i should probably make the buttons a little bigger because there are still a couple of languages where the text overflows...
a quick status report:

i'm pretty happy with current state of the skin so i'm going to take a break until the 1.1.0 feature freeze is over.
i labeled the current version "1.1.0-beta 1" to coincide with the future 1.1.0 point release.

if you run into any bugs or glitches please let me know so i can fix them prior to the 1.1.0 release.
thanks.
found a small thing. i'm missing the search buttons under my music albums/artists/genres/top100 Wink

greets

bobbin007

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"MCE" skin. Port of the default Media Portal skin.0