stupid caching (thumbnails/posters/fanart)
Hi!

I'm having trouble finding where XBMC stores it's cache. I've read through the wiki and XBMC is supposed to store the cache in userdata/thumbnails but I don't even have a thumbnails folder in there.

I'm trying to change my season thumbnails to the ones currently in the folder called season01.tbn for instance. Somehow XBMC ignores those files and gets some totally different thumbnails (posters actually, which are in totally wrong dimensions for season thumbs...). I think I also had this problem with movie posters and fanart, extrathumbs in multiplex view are the only ones that updates as soon as I change them outside of XBMC.

I know I can get in to the movie information window and change the picture there by browsing to the correct thumbnail, but I don't want to do that for every future season I add. I just want to download season thumbs to my folder from a website or using a media manager software and have them appear when starting XBMC.

Is there a way to prevent XBMC from caching thumbnails/posters/fanart? Or maybe a way to disable that XBMC automatically sets these things? (yes, I have disabled Automatically generate thumbnails if cover art is not found or w/e it's called, but it didn't help)

Thanks in advance!
reta Wrote:Hi!

I'm having trouble finding where XBMC stores it's cache. I've read through the wiki and XBMC is supposed to store the cache in userdata/thumbnails but I don't even have a thumbnails folder in there.

I'm trying to change my season thumbnails to the ones currently in the folder called season01.tbn for instance. Somehow XBMC ignores those files and gets some totally different thumbnails (posters actually, which are in totally wrong dimensions for season thumbs...). I think I also had this problem with movie posters and fanart, extrathumbs in multiplex view are the only ones that updates as soon as I change them outside of XBMC.

I know I can get in to the movie information window and change the picture there by browsing to the correct thumbnail, but I don't want to do that for every future season I add. I just want to download season thumbs to my folder from a website or using a media manager software and have them appear when starting XBMC.

Is there a way to prevent XBMC from caching thumbnails/posters/fanart? Or maybe a way to disable that XBMC automatically sets these things? (yes, I have disabled Automatically generate thumbnails if cover art is not found or w/e it's called, but it didn't help)

Thanks in advance!

Thumbs will not update until you reload them (press "i" when the movie or season is selected then select "reload". If your thumbs are named incorrectly XBMC will not pick them up. You need the cache otherwise scrolling through movies would be slow.
redtapemedia Wrote:Thumbs will not update until you reload them (press "i" when the movie or season is selected then select "reload". If your thumbs are named incorrectly XBMC will not pick them up. You need the cache otherwise scrolling through movies would be slow.

This is true when it comes to all thumbs except the season thumbs. If you first add your TV shows and let XBMC scrape the thumbs for you, then change them yourself in any way, XBMC will still use the cached season thumbs from earlier. It was actually confirmed on IRC aswell. The only way to update them is to delete the cache prior to changing the thumbs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stupid caching (thumbnails/posters/fanart)0