LIRC + XBMC = Repeating Remote Buttons
I realize that this is an old thread, but it helped me find a solution. Perhaps my post will help the next person. I tried the suggestions made here with little success. Then I increased the "gap" to 195000 (in lircd.conf) and found that the repeating was gone. After playing with this value a bit, I now have it set to 145000, and it works great. Thanks for the help.
axeldude Wrote:I realize that this is an old thread, but it helped me find a solution. Perhaps my post will help the next person. I tried the suggestions made here with little success. Then I increased the "gap" to 195000 (in lircd.conf) and found that the repeating was gone. After playing with this value a bit, I now have it set to 145000, and it works great. Thanks for the help.

I had success adding another option to my lircd.conf file.

specifically I whent to my specific remote config which was in /usr/share/lirc/remotes/atiusb/lircd.conf.atilibusb

Here I found my remote MEDION_MD8800 and added the following:
gap 300000
min_repeat 1
suppress_repeat 4

This fixed my issue after a quick restart of lircd.

This option supresses 4 repeats from the remote, so that my irw output reads only one lines now when I press a button, instead of the 3-4 lines that it previously did when I pressed a button on my remote.

So look at your irw output, determine if there are more than one line of events appearing when you press you remote buttons, and adjust the suppress_repeat option accordingly to get it down to 1 lines max.

tags: xbmc remote repeats lirc suppress_repeat RF MCE Remote Control OR24E
I was having load of problems with my Asrock Ion not working with the remote, and tried all manner of things. Eventually, and embarrassingly, discovered that the vent on the front left was blocked with fluff and messing up the IR signal.

Anyway, having removed said fluff, I then suffered from the double key entries being discussed here. Pressing the arrow keys would move twice in menus for example. irw was reporting the correct response to keypresses, but Kodi was somehow getting confused.

The fix, no doubt related to all the messing around I'd been doing earlier was simple:

Code:
sudo /usr/bin/ir-keytable -c

If you're using LIRC, then you need to make sure the IR Keytable is cleared or it would appear there will be duplicate events floating around.

If you want to deliberately break it to see the effect, try:

Code:
sudo /usr/bin/ir-keytable --protocol=NEC,RC6 --write=/etc/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce

Unfortunately the above fix doesn't persist across reboots, so I need to figure out whats messing up the key table on boot. Any ideas?

Steve
No, sorry, it's not that simple. How do LIRC and ir-keytable interact?

Steve
The following seems to have fixed it:

Code:
sudo apt-get purge ir-keytable
sudo apt-get purge lirc
sudo apt-get install ir-keytable
sudo apt-get install lirc

Steve
HI all

I have been having the same problems with the remote repeating (on raspberry pi zero)

I have played with the min_repeat n / suppress_repeat n & 'advancedsettings.xml'

sometimes it looks like it working ok and then jumps a long way down a list with just a couple of presses.

however I am using a 'Working' alternative on a mini PC 'intel NUC' (no repeats unless I want them)

This can be done with and 'Arduino Leoardo' or compatible atmega32u4 based divice (I use 'DFRobot beetle' https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/ar...cts/beetle )
others can be found on amazon ( i have some of those as well )

The atmega32u4 has builtin USB capabilities, and can be programmed to act as a keyboard on receiving IR commands ( this works very well on my mini PC )
I may resort to this on the Raspberry Pi

if anyone wants to use my code for the Arduino IDE I will only be happy to help.

Hodgy

Hello, I am having a problem with my Remote and I hope you can help me.
When I press a button the value is repeated as long as i keep it pressed, which could make sense for the volume up/down button, bit not for other buttons. If i press "4" the value sent is sometimes "44", sometimes "4444", som times just "4", depending on how long did i press the button (less than a second, though). I tried with irw and i can actually see that as long as the button is pressed, the value is received again and again. Do you have an idea how can I fix this?
I am using Kodi 17 on a Raspian OS and a Raspberry PI (but the problem occours also when Kodi is not running and i test with irw while using my Raspbian).

Thanks a lot in advance
Do you see the repeat counter beining incremented on irw output? If not, you are most likely using devinput driver which is crap and does not support key repeats.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC + XBMC = Repeating Remote Buttons1