uPNP problems sometime after rev21142
It's doing the same on my network.

I'm running BTV
I'm running windows media sharing
I'm running ORB
I'm running Windows File Sharing.

It seems that it has a problem when I set content and the folder attempts to scan the media. I disabled scanning and it seems to work alright. It may be that the scan on a uPnP source is causing the issues.
whitney Wrote:Interesting that you are seeing problems with the renderer/server. Just to clarify, I am using the Client only -- server and renderer are not enabled on my system.

Nope this is all client - PS3MS is an app that runs on my server and transcodes HD video into a format that the humble xbox can chew through... Big Grin

I set the xbox as a client and have tried both enabling and not enabling the renderer... when I browse the uPNP server it shows up but I cant get to the files on it... they just dont show up. Huh
Geeba, outlerdam --

Either of you getting a crash in XBMC when using uPNP? Can you share a debug log here? I'd like to see what if any errors are coming through compared to my hard crash.

Also can you try loading a backlevel 21416 or older build (XBOX or Windows) and see if the problem goes away? If one other user can isolate this uPNP issue to changeset 21435 I'd be ready to start a bug report.
Whitney - yep I'll try over the next couple of days - my spare time is pretty non exsistant at the mo.... but I'll do my best to get a log up... Big Grin
Here's my crash log from my thread xbox freezes on startup 3 out of 4 times.

http://pastebin.com/mfcec92e

I disabled the "autostart uPnP"
I disabled all set content options
Everything works fine and I can use uPnP.
I have just committed a bunch of fixes and updates to the upnp library for xbmc. Please let me know if a new build fixes your problems or not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm going to start the update process now. I noticed that the bug fixes are in win32 notes. Does that include XBOX builds?

Downloaded. I gotta figure out how to pause this media library update..... It's been in progress for 12 hours now, and it will be another 8 before it finishes. This decreases XBMC available memory to 21megs when 32 is recommended for auto-installation.

Holy what the mother of god!

Quote:Revision: 23574
Author: c0diq
Date: 5:22:06 AM, Saturday, October 10, 2009
fixed: upnp crash on exit while Browse action is requested
fixed: upnp bug in ChunkDecoder
changed: upnp better support for HTTP 100 continue
changed: upnp DLNA compliance (handle 1xx responses, shutdown sockets better)
added: upnp code to check if ip or interface is within same network
changed: upnp increased stream copy buffer to 16k for better streaming performance
fixed: upnp crash on exit due to logging in PosixThread wait function
changed: upnp FileMediaServer now serves files at the root url and not "/content" anymore so that it can serve "/crossdomain.xml" url for Flash if needed.
changed: upnp putting back GetVolumeDBRange & GetVolumeDB since it seems to be required by DLNA
fixed: upnp GetTransportAction not returning current protocol info
changed: upnp remove argument from argument list if value was not allowed
changed: upnp now returns NPT_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETERS when validating state variable value if failed
changed: upnp dont' fail if action contains unknown argument names, simply return NPT_ERROR_NO_SUCH_NAME
changed: upnp now uses individual scpd cpp files for each scpd
updated: upnp now uses a batch file and header tool to convert scpd xml file to cpp for inclusion
added: upnp PlayTo functionality by supporting advertising and responding on localhost
changed: upnp more DLNA compliance
fixed: upnp recursive posix deadlock when notifying new devices are ready and delegates try to subscribe to services
changed: upnp lowered log levels
updated: upnp scpd for MediaRenderer now has GetVolumeDB, SetVolumeDB, GetVolumeDBRange
changed: upnp now attach root device to action instead of device (in case of embedded) since embedded devices are not referenced, they're children of main root device
changed: upnp better embedded devices support in ctrl point, now keeps only root devices in list
fixed: upnp crashes when device goes away while an action is performed on service or waiting for responses
fixed: upnp scpd retrieval for embedded devices with same service (Sonos with onnectionManager service for example in both DMS and DMR)
fixed: upnp action arguments are serialized in same order as defined as scpd (to make WMP12 happy)
changed: upnp Search sockets are bound on port > 1024 and different than 1900 according to DLNA
added: upnp when looking for device, can return root if device is known to be embedded
fixed: upnp root device reference is attached to task that need to access service or action in response to prevent release if device goes away while waiting
fixed: upnp don't check if subscriber sid start with 'uuid:' even though it's the spec
added: upnp more WMP12 support parsing xml responses (uses UPnPError instead of upnp_error and any namespace)
fixed: upnp random crashes
fixed: upnp PS3 DLNA errors
changed: upnp Advertise on localhost now and respond properly if search was receiving on localhost
changed: upnp now can ignore all local UUIDs when multiple devices are attached
fixed: upnp MediaController made AVTransport optional and RenderingControl required service
added: upnp MediaController added SetVolume, GetVolume
fixed: upnp MediaController better handling of invalid timestamp or duration
added: upnp MediaRenderer GetVolumeDBRange and SetVolumeDB
added: upnp Didl support for bitspersample, nraudiochannels and samplefrequency
changed: upnp Didl adding .000 for frame in timestamp otherwise 360 won't play tracks
improved: upnp Didl parsing if invalid xml node found
fixed: upnp Filter criteria was missing in Search function prototype
added: upnp can now decide if protocol info should contain DLNA info or not
fixed: upnp when receiving didl for item, don't try to validate resource url protocol and ip as it could be rtsp:// or FQDN addresses
fixed: upnp SetVariableValue can pass csvs and each value will be indepedently validated
added: upnp can now set extra attributes to a state variables (for Volume that has a Channel)
changed: upnp the state variable now serializes itself into an xml node instead of the service doing it. That way we can add extra parameters if needed
changed: upnp simplified AVTransport scpd for renderer
fixed: upnp bug where it would never keep a connection alive on the server side
added: upnp more DLNA improvements
removed: upnp Neptune from ThirdParty, now same level as Platinum in PlatinumKit
fixed: upnp 360 can play mov files now
added: upnp mimetype by extension
fixed: upnp WMP can see Platinum again (needs <?xml ?>

You sir are a god. Documentation is excellent. How long did it take to do all of that?
Ok, the problem has changed. I now get a black screen instead of a lockup

First time I started the sytem, I booted in debug mode. I clicked file manager and this is what came up. The left side was the first click on uPnP, the right was the 2nd click. Eventually the left side came up too after the server was detected and I refreshed the left side.
After a few minutes, nothing else would show up. So I clicked the back button to test other media types.

When I clicked the back button, the screen went black. I could see the hard drive button lighting up whenever I clicked a button. The processor reacted as well. There was no critical halt, but it stayed on a black screen for about 3 minutes with 0% processor activity unless I hit a button.

I was in debug mode, so here's the log

http://pastebin.com/f64a31b77

It didn't freeze when establishing a initial uPnP link in debug mode the first time, however the 2nd time, out of debug mode it did. With the exception of it not freezing in debug mode, I don't really notice any changes to this sub-version. It freezes out of debug mode, but in debug mode there is no halt.

My network currently consists of a windows XP computer running an ORB uPnP server, a Windows Media uPnP server, a BeyondTV uPnP server/http server- A laptop running windows Vista with a Windows Media uPnP server and it is wireless-G to my Linksys WRT320N router. The xbox and desktop are 4pr/CAT-5e/RJ45 connected LAN @ 100mbps. I am also running a wireless-G iPhone as a non-server client to the network. All settings on the router have been verified. No servers are showing up from the desktop on XBMC. The Vista laptop shows all servers from the desktop.

Is it possible that the current setup only allows for one uPnP instance per IP/Name? or that references to different servers on the same port on the same machine will cause it to handle unexpectedly?

I've opened up a ticket for a related issue in TRAC. Ref: 7320. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7320, My beyondTV server has never connected to xbmc, but WMP servers do. I thought there were opened work orders on this issue until I got on there and found there was none for BTV. There wasn't even one for the uPnP issues that I could find.
Can this build be merged with XBOX?
c0diq Wrote:I have just committed a bunch of fixes and updates to the upnp library for xbmc. Please let me know if a new build fixes your problems or not.

Hey c0diq -

Those changes completely fixed my problem. Thanks so much for all the hard work.
whitney Wrote:Hey c0diq -

Those changes completely fixed my problem. Thanks so much for all the hard work.

What build are you using?
Please note only half the possible problems with uPNP would be xbmc.. the other half are that little box that half of you probably never look at (not trying to be mean, but how often do you look at your router?!?) The first place i go when having uPNP problems is my router, usually i will either reboot it or restore the factory settings and setup my network again (have had to rebuild my settings so many times i have streamlined it from 15 to 3 minutes Smile )... If that doesn't fix it then i start looking at my server and client setups on both machines... This is just FYI but always take care of your router too
Geeba Wrote:What build are you using?

Starting XBMC, Platform: Xbox. Built on Oct 10 2009 (SVN:23592, compiler 1310)

Have tested on 2 different xboxes connecting to Playon on an XP machine. Everything works great, no more crashes, reasonable speed.

Too bad I'll never know exactly what it is about my network that was causing the crash, but then again I guess I don't really care Smile
Weeell.. i don't think any of those changes have been merged to xbox... If you want them i suspect you'll have to do it yourself or prod arnova nicely..

If you want WMP11 support (ie playback from and Play To feature of Windows 7), you should make sure you are running atleast r23600 snice there was some missing contenttypes and a bug causing it to be impossible to browse it's library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:Weeell.. i don't think any of those changes have been merged to xbox... If you want them i suspect you'll have to do it yourself or prod arnova nicely..

If you want WMP11 support (ie playback from and Play To feature of Windows 7), you should make sure you are running atleast r23600 snice there was some missing contenttypes and a bug causing it to be impossible to browse it's library.

Sorry if this is a dumb question -- so does this mean that the changes c0diq made in 23574 would NOT be part of an XBOX SVN compliation at 23592?

If so, then it must be some strange coincidence that my xboxes work OK now?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPNP problems sometime after rev211420