"Lock Settings" dialogue problem
Hi there,

I have tried to search and saw a few mentions of this problem, but I can't see if there is a solution yet. Basically when I access my music via the files mode, I get a lock settings window that quickly freezes my xbox. I have both a windows based share and a standalone NAS and both cause the error (the NAS being the worst, the windows share works occasionally).

Shy of turning on the "safe mode" option, or using the library, is there another solution? I don't like to use the library and with safe mode on, the cdart thing doesnt show the spinning disk, which is amazingly cool and I want to keep that Smile

Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

G.
the "safe mode" options was indeed introduced to get rid of the 'lock settings' issue.
it will disable several workarounds in the skin that are not natively supported by xbmc.

instead of using safemode, provided you only have issues in music filemode, you can also remove this line from MyMusicSongs.xml:
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(SafeMode)">fanart-mymusicsongs</include>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That worked a treat, thank you so much mate!

This is the best skin I have used in the 4 years I have been an XBMC user.

G.
I've been having the problems with locking in Music only as well, which seem to have been solved by removing that line from the xml file as you stated however my fanart doesnt work now?! is there anything i can do to get that back working?

thanks for your help
nope, that line is for loading music fanart in filemode and can cause the locking issue.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the quick reply, is the locking issue build related or skin version related? It would be a shame to change to a different skin but really want fanart in the music section. Ps I'm running this on the xbox
it's a bug in the xbox build, it only happens when storing your music on a windows share (as far as i know).

the easiest way is to scan your music to the library and use library mode from now on.
you'll have full fanart support and no locking issues anymore.

ps. i don't think there's another skin that supports music fanart in filemode
Thanks ronie as always fast and with great help.

Good advice on library mode for now, does that mean I need to add the line back into the XML script.

If I get a NAS is that likely to share in the same way a windows smb would or will it work better?
sirspike Wrote:Thanks ronie as always fast and with great help.

Good advice on library mode for now, does that mean I need to add the line back into the XML script.

yes.

sirspike Wrote:If I get a NAS is that likely to share in the same way a windows smb would or will it work better?

i have no clue. if i had to guess i'd say most NAS devices will run linux internally, so changes are they won't bug you with that lock settings issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Lock Settings" dialogue problem0