• 3(current)
XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database
Vincent81 Wrote:XBNE can work without XBMC, then it works with files Nfo and then creates its own database
I'm also developing a version for dialogue with XBMC on XBOX or others through the HTML server.

That's great to hear - thanks! But then how do I upload/update my XBMC movie library when I'm ready?

Thanks,
jawgee
Open XBMC, and scan/update library. If the Nfo are OK, XBMC will load them.
OK, thanks. I'm now attempting this venture from the hope that's spawned from your responses. I've set up my Options according to your screenshot. However, it seems that I can only add in one NFO or movie at one time.

How can add a new Source directory to XBNE without the use of XBMC? I basically want to use the NFOs that I compiled from EMM within XBNE so that I can then mass import a movie "Library" within XBMC. At this point, if I want to get my NFOs info to show up in the Library mode in XBMC, I have manually right-click each movie (1000+). Can my problem be solved using XBNE?

Thanks,
jawgee
You can try "Multiple Research" and "Scan for New" or "Add Video" or drag an drop files in window.
Thanks, but the method you described is not working as I cannot add movie folders. My movies are all labeled correctly with the IMDb in the folder name. The actual file names are not consistent. I suppose I could rename all the file names after the folder names, but then I lose some information (I add in the IMDb ID in the file name).

So, yes, I can drag and drop multiple movie "files" into the Multiple Research screen, but I cannot drag and drop multiple movie "folders".

How else is everyone importing their movies/nfos from 3rd party movie managers into XBMC? Are you all just clicking each individual movie and updating them? I think I must be missing something important here.

Thanks,
jawgee
I do not understand your problem too, can you give me an example of your folders / files / movies names ?
I really appreciate you trying to help me out. I think what I ultimately want to do is limited to what XBMC is limited to "out of the box". I've outlined my ultimate goal here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post425528

It seems that even if we could get XBNE to do what I want it to do, I think the non-kid movies from my Source directories would still be present if someone were to un-check Library Mode. Would that be a fair assumption?

Thanks,
jawgee
OK, I understand your problem better.
I posted the V5.11, it can now add directories to search multiple.
But I do not know if this will solve your problem.
To you trying to make 2 versions of XBMC, two different locations, "c:\Program Files\XBMC" and "c:\Program Files\XBMC_KID" ?
You can also set "hiden" the non-kid movies, XBMC does not see, but XBNE yes.
I'll check out the new version - thanks! Smile

I've thought about creating a different installation for kids XBMC, but I think I would run into the same problem because the source directories contain non-kid movies.

I haven't seen the "hidden" feature that you speak of. I did try to manually "remove" movies from Library Mode, but while that removes it from the Library Mode, it does not remove it from the Source/flat mode. I wish it would. Sad

Thanks,
jawgee
Mode "Hiden" is in Windows, in Explorer, right click on the no-kid movie, then property, then hidden file. The movie disappears from the explorer and XBMC, but not in XBNE.
OK, gotcha. I don't really want the file/folder to be hidden in Windows as I only want it to be hidden for the kids in their version of XBMC. I want the adults to be able to view non-kid movies, so that wouldn't work.

I tried out your new version and I was able to add paths to it which is great. The thing that I don't understand is that even though I have the "Get infos in Nfo" box checked under Multiple Research, XBNE names the movie after the file name rather than what is in the nfo file that I cleaned in Ember Media Manager. It looks like it tries to clean up the file name of the video. Here's an example:

filename = American Pie[tt0163651](1999){1080p}.mkv
XBNE "Name of fileM = American Pie{}
nfo file = <title>American Pie</title> <originaltitle>American Pie</originaltitle>

How do I get XBNE to use just what is in my nfo files as they are all clean? It seems like if I try to do anything with the movies, it attempts to analyze them when I don't want it to.

This may be going beyond the scope of what you envisioned for your app, so please don't feel like you need to accommodate my "strange" needs (though I think others would have the same need). It seems as though my problem may be solved with Link Shell Extensions...I'll let you know.

Thanks again for your help. It's much appreciated!!

Thanks,
jawgee
Perhaps the Nfo file is not compatible with XBNE, can you send me one?
OK, I just sent you a PM with a link to a sample NFO.

I almost think that the NFO is partially being read by XBNE because the Duration and Year fields are populated as soon as I enter in a path. It just seems like the name of the film field is not being pulled in.

Thanks,
jawgee
Does Nfo files have the same name as the movie or he called all movie.nfo ?
All of the nfo files are named movie.nfo.

Thanks,
jawgee
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database6