• 7(current)
[Mod] MiniMeedia
Waffa Wrote:New version available 1.8. See first post

I starded with adding menu thumbs and ended up with almost all PM3 HD thumbs.Big Grin
(63 thumbs are added in total, so skin size did grow to almost 7 MB)
Why add PM3 HD Thumbs ?
Because those are the most beautifull you can get IMAO.Nod

The Menu icons are very usefull with kids!!

And for those who use the xbox, did save some memory.Wink

Have fun !!!!

Default thumbs PM3 HD in MiniMeedia.

Menu icons:

textures.xpr seems to be corrupt in this archive.
What the hell your right. Very strange rar file on my pc is fine.
Must be something gone wrong with upload.

Did upload and test it works fine now !

Edit:
Disabled download!!
must do some changes to textures !!!
Sorry will enable the download asap.
Just uploaded new version 1.8......againBig Grin

Menu icons:
Damn, I didn't save memory for the xbox Blush

For each view an .xml file did save memory on my windows system.
But the xbox uses more Eek

Fixed in next version !!!
Uploaded version 1.9. See startpost.

Minor update : But needed for those who use the xbox. Big Grin
Did put the views back in ViewsCommon.xml and ViewsExtra.xml.
and changed some textcolor in video info dialog.
Waffa,
The new version is very nice. I like what you've done with the settings in their own section. Everything seems to work OK except for one thing. For some reason you cannot change views when in Videos or Movies like you used to. I think something is buggered for sure. I use the Xbox controller and the up or right button would take you to those views. Things look to be locked on the 3D view I believe. Even if you check off all views and only leave Low List enabled, 3D is still being used.
Check that. For anyone reading this, if for any reason you "seem" to be having issues with a new skin or updated skin, simply reboot your Xbox first. Trust me it does wonders and keeps you from posting invalid statements ;-)

Keep up the good work Waffa!!
Hi Waffa,

Thanks for the beautiful mod. I just have one question: How do I change the skin so that the Trailer button always show (so that it will work with some trailer plugins)?

Thanks,

D.
anywhere i can find the media files so i can mod this for my self?
Trailer button is present in DialogVideoInfo.xml, like in all other skins (Press "i" keyboard to view info screen).

The idea behind MiniMeedia is to show Fanart, cover and most important info in the views......If you want full info/plot/cast/trailer use the info screen.

But anyway, if you like a trailer button directly in your views create a trailer button in your favourite or all Views, see ViewsCommen.xml and ExtraViews.xml.
In DialogVideoInfo.xml you'll find an example of a trailer button.Wink

Edit:

You can also create a button on your remote with a function to start trailer.

<.....>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</.....>

Use:

<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</onclick> when creating a button in skin.

Edit2:

Hmm after some thinking.....It´s not logical to have a trailer button in views because you need to navigate to the button, so it would be for example like the scrollbar (Right scrollbar another right Optionsmenu) So you would create an extra click in your view.
Better can use the info button.

So go for the extra button on your remote to start Item Trailer Wink

List view is the only view with an trailer indicator, maybe I'll add the trailer indicator to all views.Smile

Ops lol forgot it but.... I already did add trailer indicator to the views, only not showcase and wheel view.
Waffa Wrote:Trailer button is present in DialogVideoInfo.xml, like in all other skins (Press "i" keyboard to view info screen).

The idea behind MiniMeedia is to show Fanart, cover and most important info in the views......If you want full info/plot/cast/trailer use the info screen.

But anyway, if you like a trailer button directly in your views create a trailer button in your favourite or all Views, see ViewsCommen.xml and ExtraViews.xml.
In DialogVideoInfo.xml you'll find an example of a trailer button.Wink

Edit:

You can also create a button on your remote with a function to start trailer.

<.....>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</.....>

Use:

<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</onclick> when creating a button in skin.

Edit2:

Hmm after some thinking.....It´s not logical to have a trailer button in views because you need to navigate to the button, so it would be for example like the scrollbar (Right scrollbar another right Optionsmenu) So you would create an extra click in your view.
Better can use the info button.

So go for the extra button on your remote to start Item Trailer Wink

List view is the only view with an trailer indicator, maybe I'll add the trailer indicator to all views.Smile

Ops lol forgot it but.... I already did add trailer indicator to the views, only not showcase and wheel view.
Well, yeah, I know that there is a trailer indicator to the views, but my main is wheel view. Honestly I do not like the idea of having trailer button in the right side of, for example, list view. It prevents me to use left arrow to get the side menu (in MiniMeedia).

Since I use wheel most of the time, then using Info Screen is fine. But the Trailer in the skin was set so that it only shows up when a trailer is available. In the case I use Trailer plugins (meaning trailer is always available), I would like to have Trailer button always showing up. I do have some look in the DialogVideoInfo.xml, and changed some settings (with guess), but with no success. Can you give me some detail instructions?

Thanks,

D.
It will not prevent using submenu but it will add an extra step to reach it.
If it would be on the left it would give an extra step to reach now playing.

I don't like those extra steps !!
My suggestion is to add a the function to start the trailer plugin with your remote

<..>RunPlugin(plugin)</..>

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._Functions

And /or add a plugin trailer button to info screen.
I'm willing to make a skinsetting for it.Nod Did it already for Opensubtitles-osd and TWC script.

But which trailer plugins are you using, which skin does already have the button, and the plugin does start directly the tailer of listitem movie Huh Sorry have no experience with this Confused

I always use Apple movie trailer plugin/script and have a nice trailer eveningBig Grin

Edit:
did some research must be this....script
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...youtrailer
Waffa Wrote:It will not prevent using submenu but it will add an extra step to reach it.
If it would be on the left it would give an extra step to reach now playing.

I don't like those extra steps !!
My suggestion is to add a the function to start the trailer plugin with your remote

It is likely that it happened to me in the older version. I tried to reach the submenu but it played Trailer instead. Quite annoying.
Waffa Wrote:I don't like those extra steps !!

And /or add a plugin trailer button to info screen.
I'm willing to make a skinsetting for it.Nod Did it already for Opensubtitles-osd and TWC script.
Yeah, I use Opensubtitles-OSD as well. It would be excellent if you can make it with the trailer.
Waffa Wrote:But which trailer plugins are you using, which skin does already have the button, and the plugin does start directly the tailer of listitem movie Huh Sorry have no experience with this Confused

I always use Apple movie trailer plugin/script and have a nice trailer eveningBig Grin

Edit:
did some research must be this....script
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...youtrailer
Exactly. I find it more interesting than Apple Trailer. Even I have not thoroughly tried Apple Trailer, but it seems to me YouTrailer would give much more trailers for any movies. But maybe it is just my bias.

D.
Finally a skin update...and a big one this time Big Grin. see first post

Some screenshots:
Radio with submenu home screen.

Internet browser button in programs submenu.

And many more new features !!!

Cheers Waffa
i take it now ...

26-3-2009: MiniMeedia Waffa! 2.0 Big Grin
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] MiniMeedia2