• 10(current)
[Mod] MiniMeedia
Yep, every catogory(group) has his own background folder.

For links see other post.^^^^

If you want to use animated weather icons and genre thumbs... download them and put the icons in:
MiniMeedia Waffa!/media/icon

Genre thumbs in:
MiniMeedia Waffa!/media/genres
I see packs have way more JPG then I need since i get movie content/ fanart when i add to library. But they do have some default BG that I can put in cat. folders. Pretty work on skin since Ive been usin Connected since it was less system hungry.
You don't need them all but you probably want them all !!
Backrounds uses multi-image and will show them all !!
Hint:
If you like backrounds from other skins, copy them and put them in your backrounds folders. (My collection is pretty big Rofl)

Backrounds will show on homescreen and it will fallback to the them if there's no fanart with the movie.

Note:
Make sure your fanart is not bigger than 1280x720.
Do it with Media Companion or I advice using a build > 26711 wich introduced fanart resize cache and using mplayer and NOT dvdplayer.

Set your fanart size in Advancedsettings.xml (default is 480)
Older builds will cache the fanart as it is and 1920x1080 is to big for the xbox.

I always used 1280x720.
"Advancedsettings.xml"
Ive looked through all folders in XBMC and Skin folders but dont see Advancedsettings.xml
Wheres the location of that xml?
Im using rev26941 atm

THX will do and see if it loads bettr.. Nice skin

Update yes much smoother then before and seems to help on other skins. Thx for quick help.
You need to create yourself an Advancedsetting.xml
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

copy this code, put it in a txt file and rename it to Advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <fanartheight>720</fanartheight>
</advancedsettings>

Add the Advancedsettings.xml to your userdata Wink
I got one more question and I was wanting a skinners take on it. Im still sittin with a 32" SD tv and I notice most of the newer nicer skins have font so small its hard to read from across room (since im over 40 its getting worse). Some skins offer a few fonts which are bigger and easier to read with SD tv. Connected and PM skins have font easy to read and I wonder why skinners dont add a few more to their skins. I know that they cant make everyone happy and waste their time on old tech but how much work is it to add a few more fonts? Just a question that Ive been wondering about for a while with all these cool HD skins that are hard for us Cheaper ppl.
Side note I do plan on gettin my 1st HDTV this year but with 4 xboxes in my house hooked to different tvs it will still be a issue for a while.
Go to system/settings/appearance/skin/fonts.

You'll find there 5 different fonts, also large ones Wink

Edit xbs08 did upload some extra fonts lomg time ago, don't know if these are submitted by skunk.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=3...post342919

If not, you add them yourself. put the fonts in fonts folder and copy the font.xml file into 720p folder.

Be sure....rename old font.xml so it won't be lost.
Thx I used those and then went into FONT.xlm and changed font size up 10 points. It is easier to read but noticed ina few places I get over lap of text. Thx for info and it does make it easier to read smaLL TEXT.
Hi Waffa, I hope you don't mind, but I modified the 3d List view to something that suits me well. I wanted to share it with you to give you any ideas for future views, etc. Let me know what you think

Image Image
Please, mod the skin as much as wanted Smile

I like what you did.
btw did you disabled the general tv show logo or simply moved it to the position where it is now.

I wasn't so happy with that logo's would show multiple on some views, your mod solved it Smile

Edit: Guess disabled... otherwise tv logo would be behind gradient overlay.
You canged banner to logo and hide the other (3D..) logo's Wink

Btw did you find bugs ?
yea, i disabled the logo on top as well as the 3d logo and replaced the banners with the logos.

I liked the 3d logos, but i tried it that way and it look ok to me and i didn't feel like changing it back.

The only bug that I saw was in the scripts (i think) page where i believe scripts and addons are overlapping and you can't read either word. I am in work now so I don't remember exactly, but I will post when I get home.

I do have a question for you in regards to adding a link to the home screen.

I took a look through the night forum and say that there is an easy way to add a link to a smart playlist on the home menu. Have you thought about implementing something like that? I know that you have something where you can link it as a sub-menu, but I wasn't sure if i could also add it as a top level menu.

Also, I have a smart playlist that randomly grabs 10 comedy shows that haven't been played in the last 4 weeks. When i click on the playlist in the video playlist window, the playlist updates based on current playcount values, however when I tried to add the playlist to the tv shows sub-menu, the playlist just showed the same shows over and over, regardless of the last played date. Am i doing something wrong? When i get home I can take a screenshot of my settings and post.

Thanks
Yep, you can set also smartplaylist in main menu. For now only 1 but can add more.(See skinsettings / home)

Weird, the playlist button in tv show submenu opens the video playlist window nothing more or less.
Waffa Wrote:Yep, you can set also smartplaylist in main menu. For now only 1 but can add more.(See skinsettings / home)

Weird, the playlist button in tv show submenu opens the video playlist window nothing more or less.

im stupid, it works fine :-)

Love the skin. thanks again
Does this skin work with the latest svn, the addons?
Test Version does Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76237

More to come, still bissy adding new stuff Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] MiniMeedia2