[Tutorial] Using Weather Fanart
Well since this is the default skin now I should probably explain how to add weather fanart since it is an option.

Instructions for Kodi Jarvis and up:
Simply install the "Weather Fanart - Multi" addon and you're done.
System > Add-ons > Install from repository > Look and Feel > Image Collections > Weather Fanart - Multi
After installation, weather fanart is enabled automatically in Confluence.

Instructions for Kodi Isengard and earlier:
First thing you need to do is visit this forum thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41650 and download the great fanart pack made by timdog82001 for us its 160mb big so not included in the skin for obvious reasons

Next you need to extract the rar file to a location of your choosing (keeping the directory structure). You will notice that the rar contains a bunch of numbered folders in it, the numbers are what xbmc uses to pick the right condition so don't rename them.
Hopefully if you did it right you should end up with a folder structure like this

Code:
Weather-Fanart

Now in the skin go to the weather page and Nav left to get to the side menu. Go into the "Misc Options" section and uncheck "Hide Fanart" you will then need to click on the "Set Fanart Path" button and browse to the main folder you extracted the fanart too. In the case of my example above "Weather-Fanart" (not the sub folders).
Click the OK button in the browse dialog and you should now have Fanart based on the current weather conditions in the weather screen and also the home screen when the weather button is selected
I'm curious as to how this works.

In my area, the weather doesn't change much and it seems like many times, I get the same picture every few days. I think the folder that my pictures get pulled from only has several pictures available.

I can see there are 47 folders, but what does each folder represent weatherwise and does the program randomly choose a picture out of the designated folder?

If I knew which folders were for what type of weather, then maybe I could add more pictures to those folders.
XBMC has a number asigned for each condition like so
Quote:00 Rain/Lightning
01 Windy/Rain
02 Same as 01 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 01)
03 Same as 00 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 00)
04 Same as 00 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 00)
05 Cloudy/Snow-Rain Mix
06 Hail
07 Icy/Clouds Rain-Snow
08 Icy/Haze Rain (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 39)
09 Haze/Rain
10 Icy/Rain
11 Light Rain (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 39)
12 Moderate Rain (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 39)
13 Cloudy/Flurries
14 Same as 13 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 13)
15 Flurries (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 13)
16 Same as 13 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 13)
17 Same as 00 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 00)
18 Same as 00 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 00)
19 Dust
20 Fog
21 Haze
22 Smoke
23 Windy
24 Same as 23 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 23)
25 Frigid
26 Mostly Cloudy
27 Mostly Cloudy/Night
28 Mostly Cloudy/Sunny (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 26)
29 Partly Cloudy/Night
30 Partly Cloudy/Day
31 Clear/Night
32 Clear/Day
33 Hazy/Night
34 Hazy/Day (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 21)
35 Same as 00 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 00)
36 Hot!
37 Lightning/Day (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 00)
38 Lightning (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 00)
39 Rain/Day
40 Rain (In Weather Fanart Pack: Same as 39)
41 Snow
42 Same as 41 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 41)
43 Windy/Snow
44 Same as 30 (In Weather Fanart Pack: same as 30)
45 Rain/Night
46 Snow/Night
47 Thunder Showers/Night
Jezz_X Wrote:You will notice that the rar contains a bunch of numbered folders in it, the numbers are what xbmc uses to pick the right condition so don't rename them.

please correct me if i'm wrong, but you do have to rename some folders.
the 00 / 09 folders from the rar archive should be renamed to 0 / 9.
also note the 'na' folder is missing, so you might want to add it yourself.
last, put at least one image in the root of the "Weather-Fanart" folder,
this one will be used as a 'fallback' when xbmc fails to fetch the weather info.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:please correct me if i'm wrong, but you do have to rename some folders.
the 00 / 09 folders from the rar archive should be renamed to 0 / 9.
also note the 'na' folder is missing, so you might want to add it yourself.
last, put at least one image in the root of the "Weather-Fanart" folder,
this one will be used as a 'fallback' when xbmc fails to fetch the weather info.
Ah-ha, that'll explain why I got no fanart when it was Rain/Lightning last night. Cheers Wink
I'm having a hard time downloading that pack. Rapidshare is telling me that I need to be a premium user. Is it mirrored anywhere?
I did made an addon weatherpack that download link is still good.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post264132

Have a lot of new pictures, just have to find the time and will to sort them out and upload them as addon 2.

I still have the original timdog82001 weather fanart pack I could place a Mirror if it's ok.
Jezz_X Wrote:Well since this is the default skin now I should probably explain how to add weather fanart since it is an option.

[snip]

Now in the skin go to the weather page and Nav left to get to the side menu. Go into the "Misc Options" section and uncheck "Hide Fanart" you will then need to click on the "Set Fanart Path" button and browse to the main folder you extracted the fanart too.

Thanks for this. I never would have found that option and was about to post a plea for help!
-stoli-
Is there another mirror for this available? I've lost the download four times now and am not feeling particularly kindly toward RapidShare.

Also, a screenshot would (perhaps) go a long ways toward deciding if it was really worth a fifth effort. :)
OpenELEC 2.95.5
Can confirm it works fine, but you must rename the first 10 folders as the earlier poster has said.

Images all look great in 1920x1080, well worth a download. Big Grin
I have installed the fanart pack by Waffa (also couldn't download the original on rapidshare without a premium account) but nothing appears to be loading - I only see a black screen.

I changed the first 10 folder names to 0-9 instead of 00-09 as instructed above.

Also, I noticed that the folders that are named 'Same as 00' are empty. Is that correct? Also, should their names be changed to show 'Same as 0'? Just trying to figure out why it is not working.

I am trying this on an AppleTV with XBMC 9.11 Beta 2.

Can someone else upload the original timdog82001 package on another upload site?
gilbreen Wrote:I have installed the fanart pack by Waffa (also couldn't download the original on rapidshare without a premium account) but nothing appears to be loading - I only see a black screen.

I changed the first 10 folder names to 0-9 instead of 00-09 as instructed above.

Also, I noticed that the folders that are named 'Same as 00' are empty. Is that correct? Also, should their names be changed to show 'Same as 0'? Just trying to figure out why it is not working.

I am trying this on an AppleTV with XBMC 9.11 Beta 2.

Can someone else upload the original timdog82001 package on another upload site?

Just the same problem here - only the black screen; tried to rename folders from 00 to 0 etc, "same as 00" to "same as 0" etc in all possible combinations - no luck. I'm on beta2 with confluence (by default) running on win7x32.
Would be grateful for any suggestions.
http://depositfiles.com/files/stjbz2lm5
re-upped the original fanart pack to a new mirror.

btw, solved the problem with the black screen: the structure of weather-fanart folder should be as follows:
weather-fanart
i.e. without any "same as..."
didn't rename any folders - works so far OK for me. perhaps I'll have to rename the first ten folders as mentioned above when the current weather (snow and cold) changes and I'll need pictures for good weather :-)
Thanks slavic77 for the updated download link.

I'll install and try later tonight.

slavic77 Wrote:http://depositfiles.com/files/stjbz2lm5
re-upped the original fanart pack to a new mirror.

btw, solved the problem with the black screen: the structure of weather-fanart folder should be as follows:
weather-fanart
i.e. without any "same as..."
didn't rename any folders - works so far OK for me. perhaps I'll have to rename the first ten folders as mentioned above when the current weather (snow and cold) changes and I'll need pictures for good weather :-)
hey
im new and trying this

but no success - blank background
i have tried renamed the folder - but the same

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Tutorial] Using Weather Fanart0