xTV SAF - Bugs/ToDo list
Smiff Wrote:ok glad we agree on the screen keyboard sucking. not sure how to "fix" it, be worth checking other skins to see if anyone has an elegant one. i know at last the PM3 keyboard is readable. not sure Qwerty achieves anything. hmm.

for my little buffering % thing, i've decided <posy>540</posy> is better - puts it under the Paused label, so can be read on white content.

Smiff,

Going QWERTY should be quicker, as it's what people are used to. Part of the reason why the iFondles use it. From memory you are using a non standard background for your screens, would adding a dropshadow help readability? I think I will add drop shadows to most on screen text, for most people using the default black background will not make any difference, but should be helpful for others.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
you probably don't want to hear this, but on newer builds (xbmc-r30369-librtmp) there seem to be problems with the progress bars (e.g. in information screen) and the fullscreen menu bar toggle.
the latter needs checking out (by me maybe, not sure where the prob is, could just be changes in keymap.xml format?)
Smiff Wrote:you probably don't want to hear this, but on newer builds (xbmc-r30369-librtmp) there seem to be problems with the progress bars (e.g. in information screen) and the fullscreen menu bar toggle.
the latter needs checking out (by me maybe, not sure where the prob is, could just be changes in keymap.xml format?)

Smiff,

No you are right Buddy, don't really want to hear. Part of the reason there has not been a release for a while is because I keep finding these type of problems. I gave up on the unofficial builds a while back. Currently sitting on 28274 until the nightly builds start again, then I can report problems to the dev's and have some sort of a chance of having them fixed.

OK, that said, please try on another skin. If there is a problem with the other skin as well, it's a build problem (nothing I can do about it). Otherwise please e-mail a screen grab to me showing the problem and I will see what I need to do. Oh, BTW, please let me know what the skin that worked was so that I can see what needs changing.

Please remember guy's that the code base for the original skin is really quite old and there has been a LOT of changes made to xbmc (about 3000 commits since the start of the merge), so there WILL be breakages. I will TRY to fix as I find them, but I can't fix what I don't know about.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

hi, back again! Smile
remembered something else i've been meaning to report:
the dialogue cursor directions (navigation with crosspad) is often screwy, for example on dialogues with OK/Cancel/Defaults buttons on the right, e.g. plugins settings, it's hard to select those buttons. you should be able to just go left and right as they line up, but you end up fumbling around up and down instead. if you try it this should obvious?

Some Setting-----<->---------OK
Some Setting 2------<->------Cancel
Another Setting-------<-->----Defaults
Smiff Wrote:hi, back again! Smile
remembered something else i've been meaning to report:
the dialogue cursor directions (navigation with crosspad) is often screwy, for example on dialogues with OK/Cancel/Defaults buttons on the right, e.g. plugins settings, it's hard to select those buttons. you should be able to just go left and right as they line up, but you end up fumbling around up and down instead. if you try it this should obvious?

Some Setting-----<->---------OK
Some Setting 2------<->------Cancel
Another Setting-------<-->----Defaults

Smiff,

While I know what you are talking about, not sure if this is possible. For a number of the dialogs,the skinner has NO control over where certain buttons links to. Basically I get to specify button sizing and screen position, but that's about it.

That said, there are a lot of dialogs. Name the dialogs in order of annoyance and I will take a look to see if there is anything I can do about it. Bonus points if you tell me a skin that handles things better than this skin, so that I have somewhere to see how to do things properly.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

wyrm Wrote:Smiff,
No you are right Buddy, don't really want to hear. Part of the reason there has not been a release for a while is because I keep finding these type of problems. I gave up on the unofficial builds a while back. Currently sitting on 28274 until the nightly builds start again, then I can report problems to the dev's and have some sort of a chance of having them fixed.
Wyrm (xTV SAF)

No problems that I can see, with current builds (exobuzz) and the last beta you sent me Smile
(current builds are essential for rtmp content support)
dunno if your looking for bugs in this thread or the other , but figured i would post it here.

Using xTV SAF in white, and the On screen display when playing videos shows a blue to black transparent gradient which doesnt show well, im guessing it was just missed.

Dug some to try to fix it myself and it seems it was the VideoFullScreen.xml loading sub-background.png texture. There isn't one for the white textures.
h0bbit Wrote:dunno if your looking for bugs in this thread or the other , but figured i would post it here.

Using xTV SAF in white, and the On screen display when playing videos shows a blue to black transparent gradient which doesnt show well, im guessing it was just missed.

Dug some to try to fix it myself and it seems it was the VideoFullScreen.xml loading sub-background.png texture. There isn't one for the white textures.

HObbit,

I get the forum to keep an eye on this and a few other threads, so here is fine (and to be encouraged). Will take a look and see what I can do, might have already done something as I have done a bit on work on VideoFullScreen.xml for the v0.95 release. I know its part of the skin, but I don't use the white theme, thus the reason that it may have been overlooked. Thanks for the bug report.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

h0bbit Wrote:Using xTV SAF in white, and the On screen display when playing videos shows a blue to black transparent gradient which doesnt show well, im guessing it was just missed.

hObbit,

Good spot, managed to squash three bugs from that one report. Changed the background to themes usual background image, so in the case of the white theme it's white. Have also put a diffuse on the background image, so you can see the underlying video thru the texture. Hope that will help when I release v0.95

Wyrm (xTv SAF)

cool! hey i also noticed that there are no seek sliders. did some searching and saw they were in a old build but removed?

another minor thing with the white theme is the dialog seek bar text color was hardcoded to c0ffffff rather than using a pre-set that changes with the theme. hard to see with white backgrounds, and i just changed to "button-text" and it looks good.
h0bbit Wrote:cool! hey i also noticed that there are no seek sliders. did some searching and saw they were in a old build but removed?
Sorry, not entirely sure what you are talking about here. What old build where they in? Pretty sure I have not removed anything, so if you can let me know what version of xTV SAF they last appeared in, I can add them back
Quote:another minor thing with the white theme is the dialog seek bar text color was hardcoded to c0ffffff rather than using a pre-set that changes with the theme. hard to see with white backgrounds, and i just changed to "button-text" and it looks good.
Nah, beat you to it. I have been going thru and replacing hardcoded colour entries with things from /color/default.xml. Have also added a shadow colour to a lot of the text entries to aid in readabilty. Version 0.95 now also includes a lot more colour diffuses, so you can now tweak the colour of scrollbars and progressbars if you like. Also have make use of the diffuses to tone down fanart backgrounds etc.(again all editable thru the colour theme files in /color).

Sorry it's taking so long, but 'Real Life' keeps getting in the way. It's coming, just can't say Exactly when (but soon I'm sure, kinda, sorta)

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Dunno if you use the original xbox controller at all, but the right analog thumb stick allows you to seek to a time of a video. The progress bar should have a slider that moves when you move the analog stick, and when you let off the stick wherever that slider is on the time currently, the video seeks to that time.

It would be in the DialogSeekBar.xml. Looking at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins.../xTV%20SAF i see a revision of DialogSeekBar.xml (r59 to be exact) that has the following code. Its completely missing from the current version.

Code:
<control type="slider" id="401">
                        <description>Seek Slider</description>
                        <posx>143</posx>
                        <posy>514</posy>
                        <width>380</width>
                        <height>9</height>
                        <texturesliderbar>seekslider.png</texturesliderbar>
                        <textureslidernib>progress-marker.png</textureslidernib>
                        <textureslidernibfocus>progress-marker.png</textureslidernibfocus>
                        <onup>1</onup>
                        <ondown>1</ondown>
                        <onleft>1</onleft>
                        <onright>1</onright>
                        <visible>[Window.IsActive(2005) | Window.IsActive(2006)]</visible>
h0bbit Wrote:It would be in the DialogSeekBar.xml. Looking at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins.../xTV%20SAF i see a revision of DialogSeekBar.xml (r59 to be exact) that has the following code. Its completely missing from the current version.

hObbit,

That not my update, Bram obviously got tired of waiting for an update and made a couple of changes of his own. I will check the changes against the Official xTV SAF and see if there is a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

excellent point h0bbit, that seek indicator really helps usability. including for remote users like myself.
anyway it's in for 0.95 !
doesn't look very pretty at 720p but - Wyrm tried to explain but i glaze over a bit :p
this skin isn't dead, just some issues came up.

i'm really pleased with 0.95, i think it's the biggest improvement since the original author left.

should be out very soon Smile

nice work Wyrm and others (and it sounds like you all have a lot of Real Life stuff to deal with so don't stress out about this!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV SAF - Bugs/ToDo list0