No automount 9.11b2 Live
hi,

i´ve a fresh install of xbmc live 9.11 b2 and edit the menu.lst of the grubloader and remove the nodiskmount entry.

After a reboot to check the second ntfs disk with my media, nothing is seen in the /media folder (only empty subfolders of the partitions via winscp)E

Even in the file manager the disk doesnt appears.

But if i plug a usb stick to the machine, it will be mountet automaticly.....

now i am back to 9.11b1 until somebody has an solution about this.

Please help.

greetz muggi
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
please help,

i cant believe that nobody has this problem with the 9.11b2 live iso

greetz muggi
KARATELIGHT
same problem here

Even after removing "nodiskmount" from menu.lst, my usual 2 hard disks still won't automount.

Any ideas folks?
Does nobody have any suggestions? I've reformatted the USB stick & done a clean install, editing the menu.lst as suggested but my drives still won't automount....

Please any guidance here would be much appreciated.
Token78 Wrote:Does nobody have any suggestions? I've reformatted the USB stick & done a clean install, editing the menu.lst as suggested but my drives still won't automount....

Please any guidance here would be much appreciated.

i tried it 3 times and every time no mount of my hdd
KARATELIGHT
Please can somebody at least suggest whether we are simply doing this wrong, or whether its a quirk with 9.11b2 Live ?
BOARD:ZOTAC 9300-A-E CPU:Intel e6600 RAM: 4gb Ram :grin:
Hey folks, I'm really hoping that some somebody could please just give their input as to whether I'm doing something wrong, or whether there's something else we now have to do besides remove "nodiskmount" from menu.lst ??

Can people at least say whether they've encountered the same problem?
Or whether I should properly submit this as a bug?

ANY kind of informed response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ok - I'm sorta surprised at the lack of response on this...
Anyhow, I just gave in & edited my fstab to get the drives to mount on boot.

Still, I sorta reckon that XBMC live should be n00b friendly and editing fstab is most certainly not something that newcomers to linux are likely to be comforable with.
Beta2 was released with a bug inverting the login of "nodiskmount"; basically if nodiskmount is present in the parameters the disk should mount.
A fix is committed already, pls verify that having nodiskmount within the options leads to disk being mounted - or check the commit for the fix.
l.capriotti Wrote:Beta2 was released with a bug inverting the login of "nodiskmount"; basically if nodiskmount is present in the parameters the disk should mount.
A fix is committed already, pls verify that having nodiskmount within the options leads to disk being mounted - or check the commit for the fix.

hi,

now i installed xbmc beta2 and it´s like you report.... thanks for the advice....
KARATELIGHT
On Beta1 I use my own init script and runXBMC with "/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone" command. But now on Beta2 my runXBMC not working. I change runXBMC command with "/usr/bin/xbmc --standalone" and all working fine.

After that I realize my USB Storages not mounted automatically Sad I have no idea whats goin on and whats my mistake. Pls don't say need "nodiskmount" param for grub because I never use it before "nodiskmount" or "diskmounter" and everything work fine. Automount not working for USB storage or USB stick even for my mp3 player Sad

My own init script for Intrepid
My runXBMC script
My XBMC debug log
My POLKITs

PS: I'm not using Live. I install my own. Also using this script for my POLKIT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No automount 9.11b2 Live0