XBMC or Plex?
Question 
I've been running XBMC on XBox 1 for years. Just got a new Mac and wasa thinking of moving XBMC to it. I read about Plex being a very nice Mac fork of XBMC and was wondering if anyone here knew the pros and cons for either?

Thanks.
Christ mate do a search its asked every day.
Sad 
garyi Wrote:Christ mate do a search its asked every day.

I'm so sick and tired of puds jumping on the "search" bandwagon!

(1) No need to use "His" name.
(2) I'm NOT your "mate".
(3) Try searching for "XBMC or Plex" yourself and you'll see zero relevant results. Maybe the search here isn't too swift.
(4) Quit wasting bandwidth and my time with needless posts.
Use the wonders of google.

There are a hundred results on youtube ffs. What do you want people to say yet again. You have plenty of posts on this forum, download plex and find out. Write a report, put it on the web and add to the millions of other results of 'differences between XBMC and Plex'

Then tomorrow someone else can come and ask the same question.

Christ was just another guy. If it offends you I will say Frank.
Do you really expect to get an unbiased response to that question here? You won't, and you won't get it on plex's forum either. So do as the others say, search. Engage your brain, weigh the pros and cons, and make a damn decision on you own for once.

</rantonsocietalregressions>
Amazing how many people feel the need to be assholes.No
XBMC for Mac is the best, Plex is an imitation that caters to eye candy. If you like eye candy, use Plex. If you want a media center application use XBMC.
Hotkey Wrote:Amazing how many people feel the need to be assholes.No

Truth hurts, eh? If I were truly an ass hole I'd ban you for in appropriate language towards staff.

davilla Wrote:XBMC for Mac is the best, Plex is an imitation that caters to eye candy. If you like eye candy, use Plex. If you want a media center application use XBMC.

And...point!
WTF? XBMC has way better eye candy.

But seriously, to the original poster, just download each of them, try them out, and see what you think.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

davilla Wrote:XBMC for Mac is the best, Plex is an imitation that caters to eye candy. If you like eye candy, use Plex. If you want a media center application use XBMC.

Thanks for the honest opinion!
jmarshall Wrote:WTF? XBMC has way better eye candy.

But seriously, to the original poster, just download each of them, try them out, and see what you think.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks! Will do - been using XBMC for XBox 1 and enjoy it - just wondered if for Mac there was a big dif.
Smile 
althekiller Wrote:Truth hurts, eh? If I were truly an ass hole I'd ban you for in appropriate language towards staff.

And...point!

Myopic arent you "althekiller"? Ban me asshole, really DGAF.

FYI its "inappropriate" dufus, not "in" and "appropriate" as in 2 words! Maybe an education would help. Spend time doing that rather than wasting time posting insults on forums.

Pride of authorship (and I respect programmers talents) does not give anyone the right to be a prick.

You can see that given the chance, most human beings will respond with opinions that matter, rather than some knee-jerk flamer like you and some of your brethren.

I got what I wanted and will continue to ask and answer as long as I can, where ever I can.
Come on guys, lets keep a friendly atmosphere, no need to get fired up Big Grin
Lol
This is the funniest series of post I've ever read on the XBMC forums. Thanks guys, I needed that. LOL
Processor: 2x Quad Core Intel 2.8Ghz Xeon
Internal Storage: 2.4TB [4x 600GB Western Digital]
External Storage: Drobo 4.5TB
Memory: 14GB PC-6400 800mhz FB-ECC Ram
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC or Plex?0