• 9(current)
[MAC] Broadcom Crystal HD Mini-PCIe Card in a Intel (GMA) Mac Mini?
davilla Wrote:Yep, unless that is you want to add it in yourself.

You can extract diffs of the power additon from googlecode, apply to r26, rebuild.

Then implement CCrystalHD::Wake and CCrystalHD::Sleep, these need to open/close driver.

What is the current status of this sleep/wake issue?
I had XBMC 10, OSX 10.6.6, CrystalHD 3.8.1 (r174) and it didn't suspend properly.
Is there anything, what can I do?

(I tried to remove kext with sleepwatcher application, but it remove it to late. OS forbid the system to go sleep.)

Thank you for any advice.
davilla Wrote:nothing from crystalhd-for-osx svn trunk is recommended right now, very unstable as bcm70015 support rolls in.

is bcm70015 in yet?
trying to build against head (174) throws a bunch of compilation errors using xcode4 on 10.6.6
gcc version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)

is there a better version to build against?

Code:
mini:libcrystalhd htpc$ make
OBJFILES = libcrystalhd_if.o libcrystalhd_int_if.o libcrystalhd_fwcmds.o libcrystalhd_priv.o libcrystalhd_fwdiag_if.o libcrystalhd_fwload_if.o libcrystalhd_parser.o linux_compatible.o
SRCFILES = libcrystalhd_if.cpp libcrystalhd_int_if.cpp libcrystalhd_fwcmds.cpp libcrystalhd_priv.cpp libcrystalhd_fwdiag_if.cpp libcrystalhd_fwload_if.cpp libcrystalhd_parser.cpp linux_compatible.cpp
LNM = libcrystalhd.dylib.3.6 libcrystalhd.dylib.3
/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -D__LINUX_USER__ -I../../include -I../../include/link -I../../include/flea -O2 -Wall -fPIC -arch i386 -shared -fstrict-aliasing -msse2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.4   -c -o libcrystalhd_if.o libcrystalhd_if.cpp
libcrystalhd_if.cpp:29:23: error: sys/types.h: No such file or directory
libcrystalhd_if.cpp:31:23: error: sys/fcntl.h: No such file or directory
libcrystalhd_if.cpp:33:21: error: sys/ipc.h: No such file or directory
libcrystalhd_if.cpp:34:21: error: sys/shm.h: No such file or directory
libcrystalhd_if.cpp:35:20: error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
libcrystalhd_if.cpp:36:23: error: sys/ioctl.h: No such file or directory
libcrystalhd_if.cpp:37:20: error: unistd.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../../include/vdec_info.h:22,
                 from ../../include/7411d.h:104,
                 from libcrystalhd_if.cpp:38:
../../include/bc_dts_types.h:29:20: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
In file included from libcrystalhd_if.cpp:42:
Builds fine in xcode3.

See this "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk" in the make line ?

Do you have 10.4SDK installed ? I bet not.
blackdot Wrote:What is the current status of this sleep/wake issue?
I had XBMC 10, OSX 10.6.6, CrystalHD 3.8.1 (r174) and it didn't suspend properly.
Is there anything, what can I do?

(I tried to remove kext with sleepwatcher application, but it remove it to late. OS forbid the system to go sleep.)

Thank you for any advice.

Can anyone make their Mac Mini with Broadcom Crystal HD on OSX sleep? I've been using it on windows without problems and decided to switch to OSX and this is the only real problem at the moment.

I'm using crystalhd-for-osx-2.0.1 on OSX 10.6.8 and Dharma.

Cheers.
Ok, so I spent some time looking at the driver page and checking sdavilla's comments and see that he's enabled power handling in r173. So, what would I have to do to try that version? Checkout the code and compile it? What commands would I use to compile?

Thanks in advance.
bombart Wrote:Ok, so I spent some time looking at the driver page and checking sdavilla's comments and see that he's enabled power handling in r173. So, what would I have to do to try that version? Checkout the code and compile it? What commands would I use to compile?

Thanks in advance.

follow the 1st page on the google code project page.
Doh!
I have a 1.66 core duo mini that I'll be upgrading to a 2.0 core 2 duo and a Crystal HD card.

The Mini is 10.6.8 with 2 GB ram

Couple of quick questions:

1. Should I be using 3.6.0 for the source code?
2. What version of XBMC should I be using? 10.1 Dharma or the latest nightly?

Thanks
bombart Wrote:Ok, so I spent some time looking at the driver page and checking sdavilla's comments and see that he's enabled power handling in r173. So, what would I have to do to try that version? Checkout the code and compile it? What commands would I use to compile?

Since my computer skills are very much limited, could somebody please build driver package so I could use Mac Mini's sleep function? Or made step-by-step quide for dummies like me? Wink

Now I use 3.6.0 / r156 package, and I can't use power handling. Thanks very much for the Crystal HD support, it gives my old Mac enought juice to play 1080p movies smoothly. :rolleyes2:
the r173 version has as change "grrrrr. disable power handling again". so i guess that wasn't working as planned Wink

A step by step guide can be found on the project homepage: http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/

Only thing required is xcode, which is found on your OSX install DVD. i'm not sure it'll work on the latest (xcode 4) though. It'll certainly fail on Lion though, because it doesn't have the 10.4 build target.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Broadcom Crystal HD Mini-PCIe Card in a Intel (GMA) Mac Mini?0