• 66(current)
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings
Some help for a newbie please.

I have replaced MOVE with LINK for the SYMLINK option but the files are still moved and mythtv no longer plays them.
I am having problems with mythicalLibrarian. Take a look at my pastebin: http://pastebin.com/5kGeEkrR

I have the Episodes/Showings/Movies folders on an external NAS. I have the user who runs mythtv-backend on the mythtv group, yet I'm still getting Permission denied when I do a scan. I don't know where there any log files.
After some upgrades to mythbuntu I get the following error when running mythicalLibrarian:

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'showdatabases' at line 1

Please tell me there is an easy fix for this outside of having to reinstall everything.
I found a minor issue, with episode matching for CBC's Dragon's Den. I'm recording the daily showing, but it isn't doing a episode match. After taking a deeper look at it, I found that the database for the show had multiple copies of the same data, and this was causing the failure. So I added a database clean function as part of the show information download. What I added was the additional RM lines in the snippet below. Hope this helps some of the other users.

if [ -f "$mythicalLibrarian/$NewShowName/$NewShowName.xml" ]; then
Ename=""
actualEname=""
FAired=""
SeasonNr=""
EpisodeNr=""
recordNumber=0

# Remove data files

echo "Cleaning show database"| tee -a "$mythicalLibrarian"/output.log

rm "$mythicalLibrarian/$NewShowName/$NewShowName.actualEname.txt"
rm "$mythicalLibrarian/$NewShowName/$NewShowName.Ename.txt"
rm "$mythicalLibrarian/$NewShowName/$NewShowName.FAired.txt"
rm "$mythicalLibrarian/$NewShowName/$NewShowName.S.txt"
rm "$mythicalLibrarian/$NewShowName/$NewShowName.E.txt"

echo "Parsing Downloaded information: $NewShowName.xml "
while read line
do
This project still alive? Web page for the setup file has been down for weeks

http://mythicallibrarian.googlecode.com/...alSetup.sh
I just recently started using mythicalLibrarian and really enjoy what it can do. I appreciate that it was written as a shell script too.
Anyway, a couple things I noticed during my testing that I thought I'd post back if anyone happens to have the same issues I ran across.

First, I should note that I have this installed on FreeBSD (within a jail in FreeNAS where I have the MythTV backend)

There is a syntax spelling error on several calls to the RunJob function as it caused a logic error with the ShowStopper option. Look for any lowercase calls like "runjob" or "runJob" and make sure they call "RunJob".

If you want to make calls to your Kodi frontends, make sure you apply the patch. I did have to manually update mine, but the correct syntax for the new JSON calls are easily made:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/mythic...ian/issues

Speaking of Kodi frontends, if you have a username & password set for the web service, it is not clearly documented on how to pass that with the list of IPs in the "XBMCIPs" variable. The syntax should be something like:
XBMCIPs=( user:[email protected]:8080 )

These next items may be unique just for FreeBSD, or more specifically the 9.3 version of FreeNAS I'm running.
The following dependencies needed to be installed:
- bash (pkg install bash). Also needed to create symlink since mythicalLibrarian references /bin/bash as its parser. (ln -s /usr/local/bin/bash /bin/bash)
- agrep (pkg install agrep). Version 2.04 is installed. I did have to remove the "-B" option in the mythicalLibrarian script. I kept getting an error when the script called agrep and realized after testing the output that the line numbers were not being returned. Once that option was removed, things started working.
- sudo (pkg install sudo) Sudo was not installed by default for me.
- mythdatagrabber.py This was not installed by default for me, so I copied the code and created the script name file in /usr/local/bin and made sure it was executable https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDataGrabber
- date command to format the $ShowStartTime in the RSS creation is not supported by the same options with the FreeBSD date command. For now I just removed the date formatting.

My mythtv user did not have a home directory which is needed by mythicalLibrarian to set up its temp files and "database" to recall what files were processed.
mkdir -p /home/mythtv/.mythicalLibrarian (this creates the default directory for its processing, and yes it is a "." hidden directory)
chown -R mythtv:mythtv /home/mythtv (this sets ownership of its directory to user mythtv)

Python2.6 is a hardcoded test within the script. I have python2.7 installed, so I just searched and changed the code to look for 2.7 instead. Seems to have no ill effects using 2.7.

Last change I made was to the RSS feeds by adding the season & episode variables to the title since it seems that Kodi only displays the title when pulling in the feeds. Purely cosmetic so I know what new episodes have been recorded. I did find it odd that maxItems is defined twice for the RSS feeds.

Thank you Adam for a great tool!
I've recently made a heavily modified version of mythicalLibrarian available for anyone
who is interested:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=301925

Background: About a year ago I tried using mythicalLibrarian on a HTPC setup
but ran into some issues. The main problem was that the guide-data source I was working
with was quite different to the one Adam originally used when developing mythicalLibrarian.
Unfortunately, the result was that it didn't work very well for me. It did, however, have basically
the functionality I was after. So I began modifying and extending the script. A long way down
the rabbit hole, the end result, now called myth2kodi, works quite well for me and I thought
I'd make it public in the hope someone else might find it useful.
Thanks for the post. I will download and give it a go.

(2016-12-23, 11:07)stuartk Wrote: I've recently made a heavily modified version of mythicalLibrarian available for anyone
who is interested:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=301925

Background: About a year ago I tried using mythicalLibrarian on a HTPC setup
but ran into some issues. The main problem was that the guide-data source I was working
with was quite different to the one Adam originally used when developing mythicalLibrarian.
Unfortunately, the result was that it didn't work very well for me. It did, however, have basically
the functionality I was after. So I began modifying and extending the script. A long way down
the rabbit hole, the end result, now called myth2kodi, works quite well for me and I thought
I'd make it public in the hope someone else might find it useful.
(2016-07-28, 06:33)crusing Wrote: This project still alive? Web page for the setup file has been down for weeks

http://mythicallibrarian.googlecode.com/...alSetup.sh

I am having the same issue. Files are no longer available.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mythicalLibrarian - a tool to build Movie and TV Show library from MythTV recordings3