key shortcut not working when XBMC is fullscreen
I'm using XBMC 9.11 Camelot on a Karmic 32bit build and have set up a keyboard shortcut to allow me run a script to kill and relaunch XBMC whenever it crashes by simply pressing a particular key on my keyboard.

When in gnome this works fine, pressing the key causes my script to run and XBMC is launched. However when XBMC is running and in fullscreen mode, keyboard focus is on XBMC and my custom key shortcut is not being triggered. My assumption is that XBMC is hijacking the keystroke and it isn't reaching gnome where my script is set to run when triggered.

Does anyone know of a way to force a single key to be focused ONLY to the X environment? Or any workaround to accomplish this?

Rob
Hey dude,

Sorry to hijack your thread but my problem is related to yours. Basically, I'd like to know how to force quit fullscreen XBMC when it's frozen. When XBMC is in fullscreen it seems to hijack a lot of gnome keyboard shortcuts and when it freezes, I can't Alt+f2, Alt+SysRq+K, Ctrl+Alt+f1, Ctrl+Shift+right arrow, etc.

Currently running the latest XBMC SVN from PPA on Lucid. Same problem when I was running Karmic. I'm also a raging noobuntu so speak slowly Wink

Thanks
-- fb
You can force xbmc to run in a window by pressing / while its running from there you can close it by opening a terminal screen and typing killall xbmc
if you want to use a keyboard type remote in xbmc you can get more key functionality by getting rid of the shift and ctrl functions using xmodmap link here....
http://blog.burlock.org/xbmc/51-xbmc-and...ter-remote
or If you use the latest trunk build xbmc has support for multiple key presses.
and if you map the f1 (help) key for example with keyboard shortcuts to run your switching app ,Then in /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps.keyboard.xml
if you add this line
Code:
<f1>XBMC.ShutDown()</f1>
to the global section xbmc will close and myth will start(if your switching app is set up as such)
to make it all work seemlessly you need to redirect your switching script to your start xbmc script wher the xmodmaps are put .
I had a problem with it though where the remote would be in the wrong application when you switch back to myth and the solution i tried i couldnt get working.
Its working at the moment for me but Im not using the xmodmap script.
nor have i installed the trunk build.... i simply use the basic keys in xbmc.
Up down left right enter backspace and f1 of course.

Xbmc wont respond to any keypresses that are not in the keymap.xml

heres a link to the switching script which makes sure only 1 instance of xbmc or myth is running at any given time....
http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/communit...emote.html
Hey rileyp,

Thanks for the tips! I'll give them a shot.

However, when it's frozen, pressing '\' doesn't take it out of fullscreen. Would XBMC respond to a shutdown keymap when it's frozen?

Thanks
-- fb
funbubba Wrote:Hey rileyp,

Thanks for the tips! I'll give them a shot.

However, when it's frozen, pressing '\' doesn't take it out of fullscreen. Would XBMC respond to a shutdown keymap when it's frozen?

Thanks
-- fb
No it wouldnt but if you having trouble with xbmc run it in a windows until you resolve your problem.
Its not meant to freeze.
cheers rileyp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
key shortcut not working when XBMC is fullscreen0