• 52(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Hi
Can't spend much time - but re-read my big reply
Quote:As per point 4:
4. Music Fanart Rotation needs to be OFF
From your logs you still have it on - no extrafanart will work with this. Turn it Off
<MusicFanartRotation>true</MusicFanartRotation>

Does appear to find the artwork as per log below - but presume its the above setting that is buggering it up.
Code:
[13:54:01.9466] UpdateAUDIO   : <string>GetRandomImagePath ==:D:\Multimedia Files\Music\Rev Theory\extrafanart\fanart1.jpg</string>

Also - remove the quotes from the yaste2.xml path as below - remove the quotes - they are making the directory check fail.
Code:
<FanartDirectoryMusic>"addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\ArtistFanart\"</FanartDirectoryMusic>

From Log
Code:
No Fanart Images - cancel show in C:\Users\MKANET\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\"addon_data\script.artworkorganizer\ArtistFanart\"
I was able to make a little progress... getting extrafanart folder to pick up the first image in that directory; but, the rest of the images, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg were ignored. Also, so was the cdart.jpg image in the respective album. Maybe, it has to be png only?

ArtworkOrganizer images still are completely ignored (even without using quotes in the Yatse directory name setting). I'm, still unsure how to specify artist/album thumbs via ArtworkOrganizer. I see folders for Artist and Album Thumbs directories which have some fanart, However, those folders aren't obviously specified in via Yatse settings.

EDIT: Sorry, please use the below logs. The ones above didn't have debugging/tracing enabled on Yatse

Updated Logs with Yatse debugging and tracing enabled
(2015-07-13, 03:16)MKANET Wrote: I was able to make a little progress... getting extrafanart folder to pick up the first image in that directory; but, the rest of the images, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg were ignored. Also, so was the cdart.jpg image in the respective album. Maybe, it has to be png only?

ArtworkOrganizer images still are completely ignored (even without using quotes in the Yatse directory name setting). I'm, still unsure how to specify artist/album thumbs via ArtworkOrganizer. I see folders for Artist and Album Thumbs directories which have some fanart, However, those folders aren't obviously specified in via Yatse settings.

ArtworkOrgnizer-Debug

NowPlaying does show extrafanart image correctly I presume? the other images will cycle as you change songs, it picks up one per song from the directory randomly each time song starts.

Artwork organiser images are not ignored - they are used if artist/extrafanart directories are empty/don't exisit. Can't use both. And primarily used if not using nowplaying audio screen.
You seem to be missing the point of artwork organizer (which is default on most skins - aeonNox, Aeonmq5 etc) All it does is move fanart and other artwork to those directories - to be used by the skin in a slideshow setting. Yatse just uses it if there is no other artwork. You can't specify anything with it.

Yes: Cdart does need to be png (otherwise does not have transparency setting) As per CD Art Manager and CDart images generally,

Edit:
From Log relevant:
Code:
[18:21:17.2860] Yatse2        : GetRandomImagePath : no images in D:\Multimedia Files\Music\Limp Bizkit\extrafanart\
[code]

Glenn
Yes, extrafanart folders work. I didn't realize I had to wait for the song to change for the background to change.

However, I probably should made it clear that I removed ALL extrafanart folders and respective images from my music media files's subdir's before testing against the artworkorganizer directory. I was hoping that my logs showed that above. Does Yatse have the ability to grab the album/artist thumbs from artworkorganizer too? if so, where do I put them?
MKANET Wrote:Yes, extrafanart folders work. I didn't realize I had to wait for the song to change for the background to change.
Great - that means effectively all you can expect is pretty much working until json/addon support is changed.
(although would update to latest build 146 at time of writing)

All artwork.organizer does is create a pile of images relevant to music, tv or movies. That it a single pile - there is no differentiating one album from another. Its mainly used for backdrops within kodi for skins.

The only use is for default fanart when no other exists - so it is fairly limited.

Yatse3 Socket:
Will use fanart and thumbnail info if given to it - which works for local albums but not streaming
&
KodiMusicSource/artist/extrafanart - if exists, changing each song
&
KodiMusicSoruce/Albumfolder/cdart.png if exists within local album directory.

Yatse does not use anything else, thumbs/artist etc will not be used. Kodi might like then though.

So for googlePlay - will use artist/extrafanart BUT will not show thumbnail/just uses default CD image.

GooglePlay example: Backdrop/Fanart from KodiMusicSource/Artist/extrafanart/, no thumbnail/default used
EDIT: Updated in build 147 - to use googleplay thumb, now looks like this (build 147)

This may change if/when kodi fixes/supports the addon thumbnail attribute being sent via json. (and then will just work without code changes)

For local album - will use cdart.png in addition to KodiMusicSource/Artist/extrafanart/ if exisits. As below:

Hopefully all is clear...
New Build 148
https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases/tag/v3.1
- Adds GooglePlay Thumb used when googleplay music addon is in use

eg. GooglePlay as below:
Glenn, I really appreciate all your effort. This is a really nice surprise. I can't wait to try it later today.
I just installed a clean install of Yatse 148; the only thing I kept was the settings xml file.. I tested it with Google Music addon with no extrafanart folders. I tried to make it as simple as possible during the test (I played back a Google Music Song see in the screenshot below). Please don't kill me.. unfortunately, it's not displaying the Google Music thumb in Yatse 148.

PS: If you're using the same method as I was to grab the Google Music thumbs (from the respective album.nfo's ; while you're at it, you could also grab the fanart background too (in the respective strm file); so, instead of having a generic google play icon during music playback, it would also have an image too.

Yatse-148-google-music-thumbs-debug
Hi
I'm afraid you have over exaggerated what build 148 does (which is mainly fixes a few bugs and adds the google play headphone thumb). The google play headphone thumb that I see clearly on your image.

Artist/extrafanart images are still needed for backdrops.

There is no way Yatse can check if exists an nfo/strm file, download a Google thumb (if it exists) in the time needed to pop up a Nowplaying screen immediately with playback. This obviously is quite different to a script running once.

If Kodi fixes/confirms the addon json issue then that we will have a default single image for each artist, so the default backdrop won't be needed. If this fix/change ever comes it will still be not as good as extrafanart images given multiple images and quality of images.

Hopefully this clarifies.

Additional:
Probably would turn this off - downloads/refreshes whole database on starting.
Code:
<RefreshOnConnect>true</RefreshOnConnect>
All works as expected now. However, now Google Play songs all show the generic thumb; even when there's a correct cdart.png now in all my albums subdirs now. I enhanced my script to download the correct google music thumb (which is in jpg format) and also convert it to png.

Example:
KodiMusic\ArtistXYZ\Album\cdart.png
KodiMusic\ArtistXYZ\AnotherAlbum\cdart.png
(2015-07-13, 04:32)GlennNZ Wrote: Yatse3 Socket:
Will use fanart and thumbnail info if given to it - which works for local albums but not streaming
&
KodiMusicSource/artist/extrafanart - if exists, changing each song
&
KodiMusicSource/Albumfolder/cdart.png if exists within local album directory Only for Local Files
Thanks - so again all seemingly working.

As stated before Yatse does not show cdart.png for googleplay or streaming - only for local played albums. (it has no reference for any file)

To me, it doesn't make sense to check for the existence of a local directory relating to the album that you are streaming, and if present show cdart.png. You would need to have a directory structure existing for every album you might want to play and then manually put cdart work into it, very regularly. Really not practical/sensible.

Makes more sense to check for artist/extrafanart and show that -- which is what happens.

Glenn
Until there's a fix for gmusic fanart/thumb tags., Ive updated my Powershell script to first download the fanart background (gmusic fanart url embedded the artist.nfo's).. then, download the rest of the backgrounds from Fanart.TV. It had to first query the musicbrainz database first. These images now match the same fanart backgrounds that are displayed during Gmusic playback in Kodi.n

I just updated my script to query currently playing artist (via http/get); and, creates and populates the extrafanart folder, *if* images are missing *and* readily downloadable (script starts automatically on media playback start). It does this extremely fast (much faster than the native Kodi Artworkdownloader addon); but, not quite fast enough before Yatse checks that folder during music playback. If would be great if Yatse could persistently check to see if there's a new Extrafanart folder with new images (*IF* google music is detected); at least, until fanart/thumb tags are exposed during (maybe can have a config setting for this). I'd really appreciate it if you would consider making this small change to allow this to work Glenn.
Ok
Not sure I agree with the logic of what you are trying to do - as will only be problem for first song of that artist (with song change everything checked again)
BUT

Try build 149
https://github.com/Ghawken/Yatse2-1/releases/tag/v3.1

Glenn
Thanks Glenn. Yeah, it's not ideal. Actually, I meant if it was possible to poll the extrafanart directory for newly added fanart immediately after the start of the Currently playing Gmusic Artist; and, subsequently update the Yaste fanart background on the Yatse screen (if it's the default.png).... and, to keep doing this at the defined fanart interval until the first song stops. Otherwise, newly added fanart backgrounds wont ever be seen in a Suggested New Artist variety mix. I did temporarily change my script to restart Yatse if new fanart was just downloaded for the artist so I can at least see the new fanart for song #1 for each artist; although, a little disruptive.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5