• 23(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
okay cool thanks.. this is a real cool program. im actually going to donate. keep it up!
Thanks for the donation.

And don't worry, Yatse should stay for a while Smile
are you going to add a scroll bar or letters like the itouch or iphone for quick navigation through the movies? what about a season breakdown for the tv shows to? I noticed once i select a tv series all seasons are mixed in together.
There's already a quick scrolling way. Just drag and drop the letter that appears over the movies to scroll letter by letter.

Next version will have a filter/search virtual keybord.

For Tv Season it"s present in build 112 . If only one season it goes directly to episodes, but if more than that you should have the season view.

Perhaps you have disabled the library auto refresh (or auto update feature) before updating to build 112 so you should force a refresh it's the bottom right icon in the virtual remote screen.

If all this is ok, perhaps the yaste database update fails if you can upload log file on yatse website with eventually the yatse2.Db file so i can check more.
A little question to foreign users for the filter part.

To simplify the search function, i use a function that normalise text to standard ascii code (a-z). So in french é becomes e and things like that.

This function will works with all languages, but will it be useable with more complicated language like arabic characters or chinese ?

I mean will you be able to use standard a-z character to do the filter ?
and if not how do you think should handle that, since i don't know how many characters per alphabet there is for example.
Hi Tolriq,

I hope I have my HTPC working again ... its still a nightmare with the LCD switching off !!

I installed the new version of Yatse ... looks good, however it becomes difficult to start an album with the first track, because it is that small on the screen, that I can barely hit it. I usually start with the 2nd track then.

For me it would be great to have a simple and large Play button on the screen ;-)

Best regards
Well you have the big large play button on the album view Smile

The song view is more for when you want to listen just one song, i'll see what i can do about this but this view is not really used a lot so will happens after some big changes that are on their way Smile
Tolriq Wrote:Well you have the big large play button on the album view Smile

The "big large play button on the album view" would do the job, if it would be "big" ;-) ... you mean the little tiny small button on the down right corner ?

The problem at my LCD (next to, that it switches of without any user control) is that the diplayed area is smaller then the original screen size (no way to adjust it by the drivers).

Therefore, all buttons in the edges are extremely difficult to touch, because I need to touch at the most outer edges of the LCD which I can touch.

A "big" button in the middle of the Display or even a transparent Play button in front of the selected album would be great ;-) ....
It's not that tiny small :p

But yes i was talking about it Smile

Since build 112 those buttons have a bigger touch size than the actual image so you can hit a little upper it should works Smile

I will try to add a play button in the song view to help address this Smile
I have yet you get my poster to load for my movies. Also I have not figured out the system for scrolling through the movies using the letters. I am unable to paste the whole log onto the forum. How am i supposed to submit the whole log.
For the poster from the old log the problem is not on yatse side Sad

Do you use a proxy or something like that ?
Are you on the same LAN than XBMC ?

Perhaps you can try to update XMBC if it was a bug in a specific build.

You can also install Yatse on the same computer has XBMC to eliminate proxy bug by using 127.0.0.1 in xbmc ip.

For scrolling with the letters, you just drag and drop the letter to the left or the right (the letter that pops on top of the lists). And it will scroll to the next letter.

To upload log file just use the bug tracker in yatse site :

http://yatse.leetzone.org it's made for that.
Tolriq Wrote:A little question to foreign users for the filter part.

To simplify the search function, i use a function that normalise text to standard ascii code (a-z). So in french é becomes e and things like that.

This function will works with all languages, but will it be useable with more complicated language like arabic characters or chinese ?

I mean will you be able to use standard a-z character to do the filter ?
and if not how do you think should handle that, since i don't know how many characters per alphabet there is for example.

Hi Tolriq.
I'm away from home and from my computer so i didn't tried the last builds.
for hebrew you just cant use the standard a-z characters
your function will make the text to garbage.
an easy solution for now is to not include text that don't use latin letters.
another would to allow adding a second set of characters.
so one could have the default latin letters, and another set by his preference.
a third solution is to not use images for the characters, meaning not use constant set of characters, but use a dynamic one, a function that create a list of characters from the database, use a unicode font and put the characters on icons.
I have no idea in programing but i bet it wouldn't be easy, and i guess the easy solution is realy an attractive solution.
by the way hebrew includes 22 characters.
dhead Wrote:Hi Tolriq.
I'm away from home and from my computer so i didn't tried the last builds.
for hebrew you just cant use the standard a-z characters
your function will make the text to garbage.
an easy solution for now is to not include text that don't use latin letters.
another would to allow adding a second set of characters.
so one could have the default latin letters, and another set by his preference.
a third solution is to not use images for the characters, meaning not use constant set of characters, but use a dynamic one, a function that create a list of characters from the database, use a unicode font and put the characters on icons.
I have no idea in programing but i bet it wouldn't be easy, and i guess the easy solution is realy an attractive solution.
by the way hebrew includes 22 characters.

Well just ignoring non ASCII char won't be a solution because of the accents, the filter look for title containing what the user search. If the film is like Mélanie and the user type mel it won't works Smile (for Vietnamese there 6 different accent possible ....)
So i must remove accents.

And dynamic virtual keyboard is doable, but it's hard to make a design that works with 22 letters and 70 in a small screen.

The last problem will be that I'm pretty sure you have half of your data in Hebrew and half in English for things that are not translated in your language so you'll need Hebrew + English keys Sad

Multi language filter will be a little harder that i was thinking of Sad

I'll perhaps deliver next version with support for Latin character with accent and try to find an elegant way for other language after Sad
Build 114 uploaded Smile

- New settings screen (Tabs : more space and preparing 800*480 support)
- No more MessageBox, use inline modal

And the very awaited : Adding new filter/search with virtual keyboard (Only latin character support for the moment)

Hope you like this new build.

Even if i don't use names like beta rc or final , I consider this build as RC1.
I just wan't to change 1 or 2 details before next build (well plus eventual bug found :p) for next build to be the official 2.0.

I'd be very glad if contributors can update their language files to this last build.
im going to download it now!!
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5