• 27(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
Well not for the moment Sad

It's hard coded in the software to avoid refactoring of Yatse to another name.
two more weeks till i get my tablet pc and ill be able to give you some feedback
Great Smile

You finally choose the Exo PC ?
Yatse should works well on this since build 122.

If there's too much slowdown just tell i'll be glad to continue to optimize for tablet with intel GMA.
Hi Tolriq and all,

after some month of absence, motivation is back, to get my former problems fixed.

My Zotac Atom330 Board with the Silverstone GD02-MT always made problems and had a very bad performance while using Yatse and Yatse2 (it often took several seconds until the touch action was relfected on the screen)

Therefore I decided to use the ATOM300 Board now to build a separate server and will look again for a stable and somewhat faster Mobo / CPU combination which runs smooth with XBMC and Yatse.

Requirements:
1. Easy to use with XBMC & Yatse2 (external TV on HDMI)
- Usage with switched-of TV required for music
2. Low power consumption & more then twice the speed of an Atom 330
3. LAN, WLAN, SPDIF Opt on Board. but not strictly required

Any proposals ?

Thanks
My main HTPC with DH-102 case is an old E8000 and it works perfectly.

At this time i would recommend a Intel Core I3 with HD graphics should be perfect for an HTPC.

But i tried Yatse on my second HTPC (Zotac HD-I11) with Windows 7 and it's not slow.

Do you have last Yatse2 and a recent XBMC ?
It looks nice, but i have a problem with my 2 monitors setup.

I have displayed yatse into my litle 7inh touchscreen, and xbmc runs onto my tv.
When i touch the touchscreen xbmc is no active window anymore with as result that i can not use my normal keyboard or remote controller.

2e problem is when i make xbmc as a active window then the yatse screen shows a lot of stripes, and i much touch it to correct it, but then xbmc is no active window anymore, grgrgr

Note xbmc runs in fullscreen, no maximized window, but after touch the touch screen is not active, keyboard en remote go,s now to the other screen (ore something like that)

At least i missing the files index, i can now only browse trough the media libary wich is good but for some content there is no libary and i want to see the files and not the indexed libary, i,am realy missing this in yatse (and also other controls)

P.s: i am ussing a dual screen with a geforce 9400gt card and a zalman HD160XT (rev 1) case and windows 7.
The zalman comes with the zini screen software, thats likes run as a tray and these have no problem like yatse.

Is there a differt that yatse stays on the taskbar and zini in the systemtray?
I think the problem can be resolved to push yatse to the systemtray just like zini
Xbmc should really be configured as false fullscreen as shown in the wiki to avoid some problems (Normal behavior not a Yatse or XBMC bug).

For the keyboard leaving XBMC you should check the Yatse config (http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...etup#Other : - Keep focus to remote)
This assume that Xbmc is called xbmc.exe perhaps you have renamed it ?

For the file browsing i need to find a generic way to handle that but it will surely be included some time. Next update will include random mode and start with windows option.

Dev have slow down a little since i got more and more users but no feedback or contributions so motivation is a little away Smile

And what other controls do you miss ?
Build 124 Uploaded

If you like this project, please consider a little contribution
to assure further developpement, and paying the update server.

- New option to start with Windows
- New random mode play for music (See Wiki)
- New top right remote icons (it was time ...)
- Some bug fixes
I really love the idea of all of this! I was using Boxee, but after picking up a windows tablet PC I wanted to use it as a remote. I'm brand new to XBMC and Yatse, so excuse my newbie question but:

When I try to Add Remote, nothing happens Sad I've tried it on my main computer, and on my tablet PC (both running windows 7), and I try to click the Add Remote button, but nothing is registering. The other menu options work, and I am able to log in via HTTP to XBMC.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks!
Build 124 have a little bug sorry about that.

It's now corrected in build 125 all users in 124 should update quickly.
Hi, this way of controlling XBMC is very intersting. But there is a point I am missing.
Could you please confirm that I can have my main XBMC Pc (connected to the TV) configured with the AEON skin (when using the TV) and YATSE installed on a tablet (TV off) for music control.
I mean, is it mandatory for the 2 computers to have the same skin or not ?
Thanx.
Yes of course Smile

Yatse is totally independent of XBMC.
Thumbs Up 
thanx ! it's clear now
lately i had a lot of issues using yatse, i run xbmc and yatse on the same system, on win7 32bit, intel dual core.
mainly the connection between yatse and xbmc always break and also yatse each time identify xbmc as different remote.
i had little connection issues on camelot, non so ever on dharma first beta, and lot of issues on xbmc releases after dharma first beta/
after the official release of xbmc v10 i still had issue, so i uninstalled xbmc, did a fresh installation,
and the remote identify problem disappeared (i hope so, i cant tell for sure 'cause i stopped using yatse).
The connection issue still exist, less frquent, but enough that i stopped using yatse.
I played around with xbmc web interface and got the same connection issues so i guess the fault is in xbmc.
I did diasbled my firewall just to be sure, that didnt helped.
I in the middle of the semester so i realy dont any spare time to breath, non so ever to try and find how to fix this.
maybe a reinstalling windows may fix it, cant tell.
maybe its because i have 50 gig's of music?
anyone got the same issues?
maybe xbmc web server need a fix?
when i think about it, if yatse had a standalone mode only for music that would be a killer.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5