• 31(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
@ acesup_11
A PIII is to slow (not to mention the graphic card). The computer needs windows xp sp2 (at least!) to be able to run the required .NET Framwork. Additionally Tolriq stated the upcoming version of YATSE will be windows 7 only due to the improved touch abilities.

In the end it seems to be best to buy a new windows 7 based tablet pc. In europe, prices are about 400 to 450 euro. To be honest dont expect the price to fall below 300 euro anytime soon. Its quite some money for a device which you would only use as a remote control.
There are other possibilities such as an external touch screen which is connected to your computer via usb (costs about 150 euro?).
Wow this is exactly what i need...almost.
I have 4 monitors and the option "open Yatse on second screen" does not show yatse on my touch screen unfortunately. Would it be possible to add the option that you can select your actual monitor, 1,2,3 or 4?
@ MrOs
This would actually be a good idea. But you should be able to work around this issue. Usually a windows application is reopened in the monitor where you left it. Problem with YATSE is that it is not dragable. ATI for instance offers a software called "Hydra Hrid" (i believe) which is "addon" to their device center and enables the user to select applications and where to display the window. So at least if you have an ati graphics gard, you could install hydra grid and move any program to any monitor - just as you wish. Im unaware if this software also runs with nvidia or intel based graphic cards. If not you may want to install a different tool. There is at least one graphic independent software which does basically the same or at least there was a few years back.

But you had a point. It would be great if YATSE would be dragable and Tolriq adds an option to select the montitor it should open on.
Yatse is dragable you just have to select the use mouse option see wiki Smile
But Yatse force itself to auto position correctly on start and resolution / screen changes to allow to handle the case of Yatse runing on and HTPC connected to a TV that you start or stop so numbers of screens changes.

Most video drivers allow you to change screen numbering and position so pehaps you can try to put the touch one in second.

I'll see to add a more precise option in a next release but since my video card only allow 2 screens at a time it will be hard to test Smile
Thanks for the idea, however i have Nvidia based cards.
I just tried "Multimonitor" and "Displayfusion" that do the same as "Hydra".
Yatse appears for a few seconds on the correct monitor but then return to the previous screen. Other applications remain on the newly chosen monitor.
So for me there is no workaround unfortunately.
MrOs Wrote:Thanks for the idea, however i have Nvidia based cards.
I just tried "Multimonitor" and "Displayfusion" that do the same as "Hydra".
Yatse appears for a few seconds on the correct monitor but then return to the previous screen. Other applications remain on the newly chosen monitor.
So for me there is no workaround unfortunately.

To handle this there is a special option in Yatse2.xml

<DisableScreenPositioning>false</DisableScreenPositioning>

Just put this to true and Yatse will stop try to put to what it think the correct screen every seconds Smile
Thanks Tolriq,

<DisableScreenPositioning>true</DisableScreenPositioning> worked for me.

Many thanks.
Good news Smile
Hello again.
Is there anyway to let a program like eventghost know if i'm watching a movie or listening to music?
I don't really understand the question Smile

If those program can ask XBMC then yes they can Smile
That was fast.
Sorry if i was not clear.
in XBMC i can add , for example,<onclick>XBMC.System.Exec("C:\XBMC_messages\XBMC_play.ahk")</onclick> to buttons in the skin. This ahk contains a command that generates an event in eventghost.. But i cannot find where i would need to place this command when i play a movie, or listen to music, through Yatse unfortunately.
Hmm, i cant get yatse to stay on top. The bottom window bar always stays visible. Yatse is set to be topmost! Why is this? Any suggestions?
@MrOs : Well this is not possible in Yatse, why do you need to send event to eventghost ? I can perhaps find something to add in future release to help this.

@PussyWagon : There no real solution beside change the window bar settings to not being topmost. The topmost property is relative and any window that ask topmost after another one will get the topmost. The Windows bar asks very often this, and yatse don't to avoid side effects.
The reason for eventghost is that with eventghost i can set the TV to the correct Source and in case of listening music set my AV equipment to the correct settings.
The best way for me would be that everything can be done within XBMC(cannot find a solution for that yet), because i also use the android app as a remote but if this was possible with Yatse this would already be helpfull.

With kind regards
Well for the moment it's not possible in yatse.

I'll see if i can add something to handle this in a future release but can't promise.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5