• 34(current)
Win Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen
It appears through persistance I have the thumbs showing in the TV Shows section (though I have read banners aren't supported and that's what I use so it looks a little weird.

My main goal is to have this as a controller and info screen for now playing and it does do these nicely but I get continous disconnections and reconnections which disconnects the info screen and it doesn't come back.

Using the AUG 23 build and 130 of Yatse.
phsyraxion are you the same as jester that have opened a case in yatse ?

Disconnections means timeout i havent tested last builds but perhaps http server have some problem in it try standard dharma build to eliminate this, then check wifi connexion and ressources on the xbmc machine.
Yep thats me...

I think I fed back the info on the Yatse site. I am on a hard wired network, not WIFI and am using the nightly builds of XBMC. I did revert back to 10.1 but it's not compatible with the library so I couldn't get it to open content.

I did further tests (which you have seen on Yatse site) and discovered that Dharma 10.1 seems to be fine but the pre-eden nightly builds appear to have some issues.

I have also experienced disconnections from the mysql database using the nightlies which require a restart of xbmc. I have been loosing my TV and Music libraries and am trying to hunt down the answers to this to see if it's an issue for me or for others.
OK so I have run a number of lengthy tests...

I uninstalled my XBMC install completely and created a second SQL table for a test. I then reverted back to installing the 10.1-Dharma stable release and imported one drive of my shows from scratch and re-scraped.

I have tested Yatse with this 10.1 version and it seems to be quite stable. I have watched a number of videos and have not had it disconnect. Also, I have had no real issues using the Constellation iPad app or had any SQL disconnections so far.

It appears that the nightly builds at the moment have some issues with the communication of other apps. I will do a few more tests and try and retest some of the latest nightly builds on a new fresh install and see at what point it breaks.

Thanks for your asistance so far. I will be sure to remember to donate a few drinks your way for your project to help you support it as I do need this project.
Well Eden is due in 4 month Smile They have time to correct lots of things during this delay.
Just letting you know it appears my Yatse setup is working. Great work on this project, really makes the TS on my case useful and ties in well with XBMC. I have donated a few beers for your efforts and would love to see some enhancements when you have the time (such as banner display for TV shows and the one I mentioned on the Yatse support system) but happy at the moment.
Thanks for the donation.

Check the ticket on yatse web site Wink

I'm sorry but as said for the moment i don't have any spare time to add big enhancements Sad

Hope coming back fully before end of year.
JSON api is receiving losts of change in lasts nightly.

I will update only when it stabilise a little so nightly users should not update now Smile
Tolriq Wrote:JSON api is receiving losts of change in lasts nightly.

I will update only when it stabilise a little so nightly users should not update now Smile

I am still on 10.1 because I am waiting for a stable release and would welcome the changes when there is an official release.

For the most part, the software is brilliant. I still get occasional disconnections and reconnection if I leave the thumb sync feature on. Every time it disconnects and reconnects it seems to crawl through all thumbs again and takes a very long time which normally causes another disconnection and then it starts over again.

At the moment I am updating a lot of media as I have been in testing mode for the past few months and now I am migrating media from Meedio over to XBMC and getting artwork and NFO files setup. I have disabled the caching of the thumbs for now and just enable it every so often to update the thumbs but wonder why it can't just read the thumbs from the original location?
Well Yatse can only communicate with XBMC and XBMC does not gives to remotes the original location, so we can only grab XBMC Thumbs.

Even if it was possible, we need to get data from xbmc because if you store media on the D: drive of the XBMC machine and run Yatse over the network by default Yatse does not have access to D: drive.

And last thing , XBMC have a very complex way of allowing artwork store that allows 10 or more different possible filename, if yatse needs to check evey time all the possibilities to see if you have change your media file it would gives much more frequent disconnect Smile
My HTPC touchscreen (eGalax) only supports 640x480.
Is there a way to use YATSE on this res or is there a way for me to force the touchscreen to do 800x600?
Sorry I'm newb Sad
Sorry the min resolution is 800*480.

For your touchscreen even if you can force resolution, usualy doing this will lead to unrealiable touch positioning Sad
hello people

i have this htpc case http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/origen-i...htpc-case/
but i can not yatse 2 working

remote control not found plzzz help me
Well i'm sorry but to help you should give more informations.

Have you read the Wiki to help to configure Yatse ?
yes bu i can not coneckt to yatse sorry my english is bad i hope you understand this i instaling yatse but i can not coneckt yatse i try al 3 days but nothing work
thx
i m from belguim maybe sombody talk dutch lol
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse 2 : Open Source Media Center Remote Control App for Touch Screen5