• 5(current)
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)
Thanks wolffmart and grassmunk that was my problem ! Now that I've added the command around line 254 everything's working perfectly !
TheDuffMan Wrote:If you're like me and don't use the programs section for anything other than games, you can change the shortcut on Includes_Home_1.xml to bring you directly to launcher. On line 21, make the shortcut XBMC.ActivateWindow(1,plugin://programs/Launcher/).

DuffMan and Izod, thanks for this awesome thread. I've got everything setup and working per your earlier posts. I'd like to make one minor adjustment though. I added the shortcut for the programs button to load launcher directly, but how do you rename the progams button? In your screengrab you have it named classic gaming.
Great thread guys!

I'm having a few problems grabbing the emulators, it keeps saying the packages aren't available. How hard is it for a complete Linux noob to install the emulators manually?

Also I have a couple of USB arcade sticks that seem to get detected by XBMC Live when I plug them in but won't work in ZSNES. How do I test if they are installed correctly in Ubuntu?
Did you go through ZSNES's gui to setup the joystick? ZSNES doesn't really auto-pick up joysticks at all as far as button assignments - you have to assign them directly in the gui even if your joystick works flawlessly in general. Most newer USB joysticks (most all, post like 2000?) should work out of the box in Linux.

Not that hard really, find the *.deb via google etc and google installing a deb file.
steve1977 Wrote:Indeed, sounds like a lot of manual work, but let me follow this path. What about the icon for the actual emulator (not the games)? Love how it is shown in the first post of this thread. Same logic?

Your best bet for icons for systems is getting them from google manually, but here's a zip of the ones from the screenshot plus a few bonus: http://www.mediafire.com/?oned3yokx1g. I'm looking to see if I can get more running for fun, but like wolffmart posted I didn't have luck with SMS.

milax22 Wrote:DuffMan and Izod, thanks for this awesome thread. I've got everything setup and working per your earlier posts. I'd like to make one minor adjustment though. I added the shortcut for the programs button to load launcher directly, but how do you rename the progams button? In your screengrab you have it named classic gaming.

It'll depend on your skin, but the idea should remain the same for all. For Alaska, go to this folder: Alaska/720p, and open Includes_Home_1.xml. On line 88 you should see a label tag, and it can be changed to
Code:
<label>Classic Gaming</label>

If you're using another skin, I'd recommend doing a text search through all skin files with a program like Notepad++, which helps to track down where the text is you want to replace.

dishwasherlove Wrote:Great thread guys!

I'm having a few problems grabbing the emulators, it keeps saying the packages aren't available. How hard is it for a complete Linux noob to install the emulators manually?

Any chance you forgot to run sudo apt-get update first?

steve1977 Wrote:2) What about other games? Are there other emulators around that could be integrated?
* Atari 2600
* XBOX
* Nintendo 64
* Nintendo Game Cube
* Nintendo DS
* Dream Cast
* Playstation
* Playtstation 2
* PSP
* Commodore C64
* Neo Geo

I'd love to get more working setups too, just for fun. I'd be interested in seeing what other people get working to see what can really be done.
Thanks for the tutorial. Here is a modification I did to the launcher.sh way.

It stops XBMC and resumes it when the emulator has quit. Since I run it on a not-so-fast Atom CPU, it needs all the cycles it can get, especially when running GBA roms Smile

My /home/htpc/launcher.sh contains:
Code:
/usr/bin/killall -STOP xbmc.bin
"$@"
/usr/bin/killall -CONT xbmc.bin

And my laucher.xml has:
Code:
<launcher>
                <name>GBA</name>
                <application>/home/htpc/launcher.sh</application>
                <args>/usr/games/mednafen -gba.xres 1024 -gba.yres 768 -fs 1 -sounddriver sdl</args>
</launcher>
If I have Znes installed already should I uninstall it and then start over with this guide? the audio sometimes doesnt work on my current setup.

Also I am using a full ubuntu install and not live. will this how to still work?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
No need to uninstall it and reinstall. The arguments will take care of everything I'd think. Haven't run it in a full ubuntu set up, but reinstalling won't change things.
Izod517 Wrote:The Xtras artwork / coverart is actually available on megaupload:

SNES: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FWAF6C78
NES: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0N9A5A3C
Genesis/etc: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0L98H6O7
GB series: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=58SONEYI

As far as I'm aware posting these links is fine, as these downloads ONLY contain artwork is readily available from sites such as wikipedia.

Any chance these are also there for N64?

Quote:
Code:
/usr/bin/killall -STOP xbmc.bin
"$@"
/usr/bin/killall -CONT xbmc.bin

Going to try fcorbier's method tonight to see if this fixes my sound issues with Mupen64Plus when launching it from within XBMC (still launching it fluxbox session with xbmc running)

Update: using the launcher.sh script like fcorbier posted solved my sound/speed issues with Mupen64Plus launching from withing XBMC. Works perfectly!
Just in case other people are as clueless as I am concerning Linux, you need to make the launcher.sh executable for this to work. From the command line, you can use
Code:
sudo chmod +x <your_path>/launcher.sh
. Mupen64Plus works perfectly now on my Revo 3610. This thread has been great. Thanks to all who have contributed.
I've retried sega master system and game gear and it looks like I must have screwed them up before, because they work perfect now. I also added Atari Lynx and neo geo pocket. These were all through mednafen and work fine.

bmmcguir14 Wrote:Just in case other people are as clueless as I am concerning Linux, you need to make the launcher.sh executable for this to work. From the command line, you can use
Code:
sudo chmod +x <your_path>/launcher.sh
. Mupen64Plus works perfectly now on my Revo 3610. This thread has been great. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Great news... I'll have to try this script on the revo 1600 and post my results with mupen64plus. Thanks fcorbier for the script. Does this change the experience with xbmc? I'm guessing it resumes where you left off?
Somehow the method with the launcher.sh script doesn't work for me. The screen just goes black using "/usr/bin/killall -STOP xbmc.bin" and I have to "killall -s9 xbmc.bin", then the emu launches. Of course I have to completely restart xbmc afterwards. Any idea? Thanks!
I've used the launcher.sh script for all my emu's now and it works perfectly. XBMC goes to sleep, emu comes up with most system resources available and when I exit the emu XBMC comes back where I left off.

Next step for me is probably a PS1 emu or maybe Gamecube.
Has anyone tried Stella for atari 2600 emulation? I am hoping to get stella going here over the weekend.

Im not quite sure of a alternative to Stella.
Izod517 Wrote:Genesis / Sega CD:

Gens is fairly simple once you've setup ZSNES and followed the phearless instructions.

Open up terminal or Putty in:
Code:
sudo apt-get install gens

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I am getting the following error:

user@user:~$ sudo apt-get install gens
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package gens
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)2