• 12(current)
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)
alexpigment Wrote:Perhaps it's time to start getting in touch with the emulator creators themselves for anything that prevents easy integration into XBMC. for instance, if there's no controller-based exit function, how about emailing the Gens creator to request this feature? Although I can imagine it may be some time before they make any changes, it might actually just be something simple that they are willing to add quickly.

i was having a read on the sonicretro boards yesterday - i think that more configurable buttons are planned for a later release, however i dont know how much 'later' !
i would have thought it would be easier to be able to create a keymap for xbmc for a joypad that emulates the "Esc" button on the keyboard, however I have a feeling that keymaps are ignored whilst running an emulator - especially if you're using the launcher.sh script (the one that pauses xbmc whilst in an emu)

ross
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

Given that the keymap is specific to XBMC, perhaps you can force this Linux-wide instead. You probably would have to make it specific to an emulator somehow. For instance, if you had the ability to make it conditional you could say that the button only functions as Esc if Gens is running. Not sure how possible this is, but that's another mode of attack in concept at least.

Given that that works, you could do the same for all the other emulators.
I'm close to finalizing my EMU configuration within XBMC (zsnes, gens, mupen64plus, mame, scummvm) on a Dharma beta 2 live install (Revo 3610, 2GB RAM). Everything is working almost perfectly except for mupen64plus. With certain ROMs (Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X, Zelda - Ocarina Of Time) I experience extreme sound stuttering which makes playing those games impossible while Super Mario 64 for example doesn't show the problem. Within Launcher I use the script from this thread which stops XBMC before launching the emu.

Has someone else with a comparable hardware the same problems with mupen64plus? From the posts in this thread I got the impression that for most of the people everything is fine regarding sound after using the 'START/CONT XBMC' script.
Hi all,

After a re-import, ZSNES only seems to grab the thumbs for some of my ROMs, e.g. It'll happily match up "Super Mario World.jpg" with "Super Mario World.smc" but not "Cannon Fodder.jpg" with "Cannon Fodder.smc", any idea why please?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
guwu Wrote:IWith certain ROMs (Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X, Zelda - Ocarina Of Time) I experience extreme sound stuttering which makes playing those games impossible while Super Mario 64 for example doesn't show the problem.

Wow. It's weird seeing the 3 n64 games I actually care about (in the order in which I care about them) written out like that Smile

Anyway, smithr99 and Flomaster have both talked about this in several threads, and I'm pretty sure this is just a commonly-known problem with the version that you get when you apt-get install mupen64plus (v1.5 maybe? I can't remember). Last I saw, they weren't having too much fun trying to get a newer version that worked.
guwu-

I am also running a Revo 3610 with Dharma Beta 3. I've got mednafen and launcher installed and properly launching roms, but without sound. I followed the directions in the first post and modified the .asoundrc file (which if I recall was in home/xbmc/.xbmc) and setup the outputs and passthroughs properly. What did you do to get your sound working?

To anyone else more familiar with this than I-

When I set up Dharma Beta 3, I changed my asound.config file so I could get my menu sounds (as seen in this post #2). Could this be causing my sound issue?

Thanks
htrodscott Wrote:guwu-

I am also running a Revo 3610 with Dharma Beta 3. I've got mednafen and launcher installed and properly launching roms, but without sound. I followed the directions in the first post and modified the .asoundrc file (which if I recall was in home/xbmc/.xbmc) and setup the outputs and passthroughs properly. What did you do to get your sound working?

To anyone else more familiar with this than I-

When I set up Dharma Beta 3, I changed my asound.config file so I could get my menu sounds (as seen in this post #2). Could this be causing my sound issue?

Thanks

See my post in another thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=631303&postcount=7
I can get mupen64 to launch correctly with the launcher but I would like to use the launcher.sh script to get the most available resources. I'm running into some trouble though. When I use the launcher.sh script, xbmc just blinks away and comes right back. The emulator never runs.

This is how I have it setup. (my computers name is htpc)

I created launcher.sh at /home/htpc/launcher.sh
contents of launcher.sh:

/usr/bin/killall -STOP xbmc.bin
"$@"
/usr/bin/killall -CONT xbmc.bin

Then from the terminal I ran: chmod +x /home/htpc/launcher.sh

launcher.xml:

<launcher>
<name>Nintendo 64 (N64)</name>
<application>/home/htpc/launcher.sh</application>
<args>/usr/games/mupen64plus</args>
<rompath>/home/htpc/Documents/N64 Roms</rompath>
<romext>z64</romext>
<thumb>/home/htpc/Documents/N64.jpg</thumb>
<wait>true</wait>
<roms>
<rom>
<name>Doom 64</name>
<filename>/home/htpc/Documents/N64 Roms/Doom 64.z64</filename>
<thumb>/home/htpc/Documents/N64 Roms/Doom 64.jpg</thumb>
</rom>
</launcher>

I know there has to be some little mistake that I am making. Big thanks to whoever can help me out on this.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
alexpigment-

Thanks! My menu sounds and emu sounds all work like a charm.
I'm going to +1 what htpcguy is having problems with. I've tried the launcher.sh script with mednafen and mupen64 with the same results. I did everything he's done (written the script, made it executable and so on) and double checked all my paths. When I click on a game, it just blinks for a second and the emu never starts. Other people have gotten this to run apparently (henwy, post #69 and bmmcguir14, post #70). If anyone has got a fix for this, or can help me run this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
htrodscott Wrote:I'm going to +1 what htpcguy is having problems with. I've tried the launcher.sh script with mednafen and mupen64 with the same results. I did everything he's done (written the script, made it executable and so on) and double checked all my paths. When I click on a game, it just blinks for a second and the emu never starts. Other people have gotten this to run apparently (henwy, post #69 and bmmcguir14, post #70). If anyone has got a fix for this, or can help me run this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

what version xbmc are you guys using?
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

I'm using Dharma Beta 3. I wasn't able to get launcher.sh working with any of the emulators. I was actually wondering if it was because of the version I am using.

I also just want to make sure I made the launcher.sh correctly. When I ran the command for chmod +x /home/htpc/launcher.sh, it did not give me any indication that it worked or failed. It just took the command without confirmation. I also ran the same command as sudo.

I can get mupen64plus to launch by pointing to the application without any problem but it is extremely sluggish on my system. I need to figure out a way to get it to launch without XBMC running in the background.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:I'm using Dharma Beta 3. I wasn't able to get launcher.sh working with any of the emulators. I was actually wondering if it was because of the version I am using.

I also just want to make sure I made the launcher.sh correctly. When I ran the command for chmod +x /home/htpc/launcher.sh, it did not give me any indication that it worked or failed. It just took the command without confirmation. I also ran the same command as sudo.

I can get mupen64plus to launch by pointing to the application without any problem but it is extremely sluggish on my system. I need to figure out a way to get it to launch without XBMC running in the background.

Complete shot in the dark here, but I noticed that your rom path has spaces in it. Mine doesn't. Try renaming this such that there are no spaces, then see what happens.

Secondly, I can't remember my own mupen64plus arguments offhand, but it doesn't look like you have any real args (aside from defining the emulator itself). Not sure those are necessary, but it's probably worth looking at the early pages and seeing what the others have for their args. i seem to remember some --fullscreen --nogui and the like.
I'm also using Dharma Beta 3 on a Revo 3610.

I created an identical launcher.sh file (placed in /home/htpc)and made it executable by running the sudo chmod +x /home/htpc/launcher.sh (also with no response from the system. It just goes back to the prompt after).

My rom paths have no spaces and I included the --fullscreen and --nogui arguments in my arguments section within launchers.xml.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for all the help so far.

EDIT:

Just a quick tack-on question after some linux command reading...

Should the command be sudo chmod +x <path> or sudo chmod +X <path>? It seems there's a difference between the lower case x and uppercase X, but still being new to linux, I'm confused.
I think recent work by Angelscry in the Launcher thread will probably make this whole process ALOT easier: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739&page=91
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)2