• 13(current)
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)
alexpigment Wrote:Complete shot in the dark here, but I noticed that your rom path has spaces in it. Mine doesn't. Try renaming this such that there are no spaces, then see what happens.

Secondly, I can't remember my own mupen64plus arguments offhand, but it doesn't look like you have any real args (aside from defining the emulator itself). Not sure those are necessary, but it's probably worth looking at the early pages and seeing what the others have for their args. i seem to remember some --fullscreen --nogui and the like.

well spotted. You'll probably want something like <rompath>'/home/htpc/Documents/N64 Roms'</rompath> , or, like alex said rename your rom folder to N64_Roms or something similar
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

alexpigment and smithr99-

If it was an issue with the <rompath> having spaces, wouldn't it cause issues when launching the emu directly from the <application> line in launchers.xml? htpc guy said he can launch it perfectly when he calls it our directly (from <application>), but it's when he puts the emu path in the <args> area and the launcher.sh file in <application> that he has problems. This is my experience also. Again, I'm new and my logic doesn't always translate.

rausch101-

Am I missing something in the angelscry posts that has to do with this stuff? Forgive me if I'm overlooking something.

Thanks again for the help.
I finally got it working....
waverz Wrote:I finally got it working....

Would you mind sharing what you did?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
@htpc guy, htrodscott:

If you are on xbmc live maybe the missing window manager is the problem. When you quit XBMC there is no window manager left that could "host" the emulator.

In Launcher Wiki there is a short description how to add a window manager (did not test it myself): http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/w..._Emulators
Malte,

I'll give it a try when I get home... Thanks.

I was under the impression that XBMC Live Dharma Beta 3 ran on a minimal install of Linux and when XBMC was killed, Linux was still running to handle the windows. Is this not correct?
htrodscott Wrote:Malte,

I was under the impression that XBMC Live Dharma Beta 3 ran on a minimal install of Linux and when XBMC was killed, Linux was still running to handle the windows. Is this not correct?
This is not correct. When you exit XBMC in Live, Linux is still running but X is not and neither is there a window manager.
htrodscott Wrote:Malte,

Nope, I'm running a full Ubuntu install 10.4 w/ gnome. That won't help me.
I have also tried it with and without arguments (--nogui --fullscreen). I won't work on other emulators either. I must be doing something wrong. I've checked the paths though and everything is correct.

I did upgrade to the latest version last night and I played around with the new features. I have to say I like the new improvements. I just wish the extra info like plot, genre and what not could be used in other skins beside the modded version of Alaska. I like Alaska but I don't care for the main menu. I wish there was a version with a horizontal menu and no icons. I like clean text only like Transparency! or Aeon. I guess my once I figure out the launcher.sh problem I'm going to have to mod a skin to include the new features.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
Did you try to run the command without XBMC in the background from command line?

You could also try to check the command that is passed to the launcher.sh. Modify your launcher.sh like this:

/usr/bin/killall -STOP xbmc.bin
echo "$@"
"$@"
/usr/bin/killall -CONT xbmc.bin

If you fall back to the console after trying to run the emu, you should see the command in the console.
malte Wrote:Did you try to run the command without XBMC in the background from command line?

You could also try to check the command that is passed to the launcher.sh. Modify your launcher.sh like this:

echo "$@"
"$@"

If you fall back to the console after trying to run the emu, you should see the command in the console.

Thanks. I'll definitely try this when I get home tonight and report back.
How to use Git
Adding the windows manager fixed my problem. When I launch the emu (whichever one I'm using... mupen64plus, mednafen, zsnes), it no longer just blinks back to XBMC. The sound on mupen64plus seems to be better as well. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Also, just out of curiosity, is there a command I can use to check if XBMC has been killed when I'm running one of the emus?
htrodscott Wrote:Adding the windows manager fixed my problem. When I launch the emu (whichever one I'm using... mupen64plus, mednafen, zsnes), it no longer just blinks back to XBMC. The sound on mupen64plus seems to be better as well. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Also, just out of curiosity, is there a command I can use to check if XBMC has been killed when I'm running one of the emus?

Odds are if you exit the emulator and you're in the same place in XBMC as you left it, it was actually suspended. Also, if it weren't suspending XBMC, you probably would have heard XBMC navigation sounds the whole time you were playing the game.
I'm using the "launcher.sh" method mentioned here. I'm doing this so I can give more resources to Mupen64Plus.

You are correct that it comes back into XBMC where I left off. When I called the emu directly from launchers.xml (meaning I wasn't calling launcher.sh), I could play and never heard any navigation sounds in XBMC, but I believe this is because the gamepad I use for the emus isn't programmed for XBMC (I use a Harmony remote for that).

I thought the "killall -stop" command was actually shutting XBMC down. Won't XBMC still use a significant amount of resources while suspended? If it is suspended, is there a way to check that?

Am I just ass-backwards here?

Once again, I REALLY appreciate all the help.
htrodscott Wrote:I'm using the "launcher.sh" method mentioned here. I'm doing this so I can give more resources to Mupen64Plus.

You are correct that it comes back into XBMC where I left off. When I called the emu directly from launchers.xml (meaning I wasn't calling launcher.sh), I could play and never heard any navigation sounds in XBMC, but I believe this is because the gamepad I use for the emus isn't programmed for XBMC (I use a Harmony remote for that).

I thought the "killall -stop" command was actually shutting XBMC down. Won't XBMC still use a significant amount of resources while suspended? If it is suspended, is there a way to check that?

Am I just ass-backwards here?

Once again, I REALLY appreciate all the help.

Perhaps my use of the word "suspend" is not technically correct. It is shutting it down, but it comes back up exactly where you left it... so that's more like a suspension to me.

Regarding the gamepad, if you can't navigate around in XBMC with it (which would require an xml file in your /userdata/keymaps folder), then ignore my last post. I have no idea how you'd actually check that it's working.
malte Wrote:Did you try to run the command without XBMC in the background from command line?

echo "$@"
"$@"

I can run Mupen64plus without any problems from the console and terminal.
My terminal command: /usr/games/mupen64plus --nogui --fullscreen /home/htpc/Documents/N64_Roms/F_Zero-X.z64

XBMC still blinks for a second, looks like its going to load the emu and then goes back to full screen XBMC. I don't think the game is ever getting launched. (I don't hear any audio indicating that it opened behind XBMC). Where is this modded script supposed to output a log file to? I don't see any log files in my home directory with launcher.sh. Maybe that is my problem? I can double click on launcher.sh and Ubuntu asks if I want to run it or open it in notepad. This should be an indication that it is being recognized as a program right?

I also removed any spaces from my rom directory and filenames.
I'm also running Ubuntu 10.4 and D Beta 3

I'm at a loss. Is there a way for anyone to upload a working launcher.sh file so I can try that (is that even possible?). I need to get this working. If I launch it normally through command line I can run at 60fps. Running w/ xbmc in the background leaves me at 30fps.
How to use Git
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)2