• 3(current)
[WIP] XMB - a new skin for XBMC (PS3 XrossMediaBar inspired skin)
liquidskin76 Wrote:Well, the mockups are nearly complete. I'll update them soon.

I've done full mockups as it give me a great base to work from. I'll then code. Bearing in mind this my first full skin (done personal modding before), i expect 2020! Only joking... i have no idea really, hopefully not to long as i want to use it just as much you!! Nod Wink

Cheers

Cool =]
I hope that you made this skin compitable with the addons whcih will be in the next XMBC release.
i would like to use the XMB in the next XBMC release
It will be designed for the new addons setup.
Just updated the mockups on post #1!
Just look at your skin, and it's look amazing! Do you work in graphcis or are you amazingly skilled? Nod
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
blinkseb Wrote:Just look at your skin, and it's look amazing! Do you work in graphcis or are you amazingly skilled? Nod

The guys from Cornwall, he only makes pasties Wink
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
No seb, i'm an IT man! Used to make my own dvd covers so had plenty of practise with photoshop! Wink

Anyway, i wouldn't give to much praise... you haven't seen my coding yet!!!

Gotta love the pasties, even though i'm originally from surrey! Nod
I love the look of this skin, however the gap between poster and reflection in this image is a bit large: http://i.imgur.com/AzwEZ.jpg
I know what you mean. It's the slightly transparent black backing to the posters that has caused the gap. The black backing lines up however the white outline shows more. I'll change it!

cheers
I hope you didn't see me as being someone saying you should change change it I was just letting you know my opinion Wink
Edit:
I got question, does the icons moves or the cross?
becase in the images the TV and the Movies are at the same place of the media bar (if you can understand me...)

Ill try to make it easy:
there is sort of cross at the left which the thing you viewing placed there (at the images there is the moveis and tv shows). My question is wether the cross moving like the PS3 etc.. or the icons moving whcih mean the thing you viewig always will be at the left??

Sorry for long questing as well for my English (I am from Isreal and currently learn English =])

Good Luck.Laugh
CoolUser Wrote:Edit:
I got question, does the icons moves or the cross?
becase in the images the TV and the Movies are at the same place of the media bar (if you can understand me...)

Ill try to make it easy:
there is sort of cross at the left which the thing you viewing placed there (at the images there is the moveis and tv shows). My question is wether the cross moving like the PS3 etc.. or the icons moving whcih mean the thing you viewig always will be at the left??

Sorry for long questing as well for my English (I am from Isreal and currently learn English =])

Good Luck.Laugh

The icons will move. The bars will be always be in the same place!
CoolUser Wrote:Sorry for long questing as well for my English (I am from Isreal and currently learn English =])

Your english is very good... mile better than my Israeli!!! Wink

Thank god the rest of the world can speak english, otherwise us english would be buggered!
I didnt understand what you mean ("mile better than my Israeli!!! ") ?

never mind, I just a little disappointed because I would prefer the skin to be more like the PS3 although what you have done is definitely cool.. =]
CoolUser Wrote:I didnt understand what you mean ("mile better than my Israeli!!! ") ?

Actually, i should have typed 'miles better' (i did a typing mistake!)... was just a joke! Ignore me!! Laugh

CoolUser Wrote:never mind, I just a little disappointed because I would prefer the skin to be more like the PS3 although what you have done is definitely cool.. =]

Just looked at my ps3 and see what you mean. Problem with that would be the vertical bar moving will most likely get in the way of the 'now playing' window and 'recently added' window. There isn't many places i can put those windows.

Besides, i'm not sure it be a good idea to exactly copy the ps3... never know, Sony might get the hump!

Thanks
Ohhh. ok. I understood the problem.
But you can also put the logo of the current icon you viewing under the icon and instead of the big logo put the 'Now Playing'.
If you started and named the skin as XMB do it as it should be =] (moving bar and not icons )

this is example for the logo under the icons, look below the music icon..
http://avforum.no/forum/attachments/kons...3_xmb2.jpg
and look at yours : http://imgur.com/cICCO.jpg
you placed the 'Movies' logo at the top left corner as result it will be blocked by the media bar (Cross)...

thanks for your patience =]
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XMB - a new skin for XBMC (PS3 XrossMediaBar inspired skin)2