5 second hang when launching xbmc...
I agree. I think the splash doesn't stay on screen long enough anyway!

If i remember right, when playing around with mediaportal a few years back (thought it was the business until i found xbmc!!!!), i think the mediaportal portal splash stays on screen, whilst text on screen notifies of files loading, skin loading, etc. Something similar would be good.
Getting back on topic, can it be confirmed that the rss feed is in fact the cause of this issue?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Atleast for me, deleting the RSS code in 'Night' and 'Confluence' made no difference...

I'm using W7 32840

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Try disabling both the RSS feed block and the weather block in confluence. That "fixed" it for me on win32, the only platform I see it on.

Win32 seems to do very silly things while loading the curl dlls...
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

For me it's a combination of RSS and RecentlyAdded (W7 latest SVN).
Obviously recently added slows things down a whole heap - I'm not interested in doing anything with respect to that.

I was getting an obvious stutter (on win32 only) with weather and rss feed, during the slide in anim in confluence.

I'm in the process of building xmb, so I'm working on a fresh home screen. At the moment I only have the rss code there. No recently added yet. Getting rid of the rssfeed section clears the problem for me.

I'm on win32.

Cheers
I have disabled the weather and rss feed and it still stops after the load - it looks like the animation from the shaded background to the fullcolor background (confluence skin)
is very slow. Can this be some of the d3d "optimizations" that is causing this.

...by the way it has not always been like this - it is something that has snug in the last month or so.
Disabling weather information on the home screen isn't enough unless you disable it in the skin XML by removing the Weather.IsFetched conditional. The Weather.IsFetched conditional fetches the weather otherwise, and this will be evaluated regardless of whether or not the first condition is false or not (Sidenote: Anyone who wishes to improve our boolean evaluation mechanism go for it!)

This only happens on win32. The reason is that libcurl is taking ages to load. It's related to the slow scanning stuff as well that only affects win32.

Please confirm.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:This only happens on win32. The reason is that libcurl is taking ages to load. It's related to the slow scanning stuff as well that only affects win32.

Please confirm.

Cheers,
Jonathan

linux user here, never seen any startup delays in any skin.
weather, rss, recently added are all enabled.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
jmarshall Wrote:Disabling weather information on the home screen isn't enough unless you disable it in the skin XML by removing the Weather.IsFetched conditional. The Weather.IsFetched conditional fetches the weather otherwise, and this will be evaluated regardless of whether or not the first condition is false or not (Sidenote: Anyone who wishes to improve our boolean evaluation mechanism go for it!)

This only happens on win32. The reason is that libcurl is taking ages to load. It's related to the slow scanning stuff as well that only affects win32.

Please confirm.

Cheers,
Jonathan

wow what a difference that made! So yes that is confirmed.

/needtotest
I did try using the alarm to wait at the startup.xml before loading the home.xml but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be able to use seconds only minutes.
Thanks for confirmation - I'll discuss with elupus and we'll get curl loaded on app start (before the skin).

Cool, cheers!
Hitcher Wrote:I did try using the alarm to wait at the startup.xml before loading the home.xml but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be able to use seconds only minutes.

Hey, well that's progress Smile

What code did you add to startup.xml to have the minute delay?

Thanks ALOT.

matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5 second hang when launching xbmc...0