• 232(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2013-09-05, 04:15)madivad Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 02:37)xDetoursx Wrote: Not sure if this has been covered yet or not, but I didn't have time to search 347 pages.

Problem is solved..at least for me. If you go to Youtube and login, there's a little gray drop down arrow up at the top right. Click that and you can see a new email address that the account is associated with under the login name.

Thanks xDetoursx, that was the push I needed. I have spent the last hour going over my google account and found that to be half my problem. I still haven't got application specific password working for xbmc (it insists on my main password), but the biggest GOTCHYA I had was xbmc uses my email address as my account for youtube and I (by default) use a username. I never wanted my email address up the top there. Now that I told youtube to use my email address, I can see favourites and playlists in xbmc (although they're only what I've setup right now).

I need to work on a way to have xbmc only use my user login (which youtube seems adamant can't be done anymore). I'm not sure if it matters at the moment or not. I'm still looking into it. I have my domain setup through google apps and it was a real PITA getting 2 step verification process activated. Thanks again for your screen grabs, although very different to what I have on my side, it did get me going in the right directions. Ciao!

Hello,

I'm having the save problem, plugin won't recognize my channel with username, and reverting youtube to my email address it works but won't load all the history from my username channel, is there any way to get this working, preferably with youtube's channel username because every time I post on youtube with my email address user it asks if I want to create a channel and i want to keep using my channel at youtube.
please Dev's, make plugin compatible with channel username.
(2013-09-05, 02:37)xDetoursx Wrote: Not sure if this has been covered yet or not, but I didn't have time to search 347 pages.

Problem is solved..at least for me. If you go to Youtube and login, there's a little gray drop down arrow up at the top right. Click that and you can see a new email address that the account is associated with under the login name.

Clicked on the settings link to the left and it took me here:

From here I clicked the Set up a password button where I was then directed to a page to enter a new password and a new account was created. It's that account information that needs to be entered into the Youtube XBMC settings. Everything is working fine now.

I don't get it , I have the same login issue with Xbmc's youtube -addon (Win 7) for 2 weekly , hope for the addon will fix itself , but I guess not , so turn to this forum:
I never associate my youtube acct to google + , so I don't even see the different name you are talking about. Can someone list a step by step how to fix the login issue again, thanks
Hi guys
Youtube plugin doesnt work for me for quite long time, by now.
Can anybody help me with the specification of my problem?
I can not even log-in.

Debug log HERE

Thanks
Marek (CZ)
(2013-09-07, 00:08)sfbay99 Wrote:

From here I clicked the Set up a password button where I was then directed to a page to enter a new password and a new account was created. It's that account information that needs to be entered into the Youtube XBMC settings. Everything is working fine now.

I don't get it , I have the same login issue with Xbmc's youtube -addon (Win 7) for 2 weekly , hope for the addon will fix itself , but I guess not , so turn to this forum:
I never associate my youtube acct to google + , so I don't even see the different name you are talking about. Can someone list a step by step how to fix the login issue again, thanks

sfbay: I don't get it either. I still don't completely understand how Google+ is utilizing the user login ID's and how they want to integrate it with Youtube, although it's quite clear that they want one "real" ID to be used for all of their Google services. This is a tall order though seeing as though Youtube had millions of users before they bought them. At the same time, it seems like they want to keep third party use of their services separate, hence the whole Third Party Login process in my original post. I kind of lucked out finding a way to get the Youtube plugin working. I spent more time than I should have trying to figure out what went wrong, since it was working just the other day with no problems.

I think it had something to do with updating of my Google account through my Android phone. Prior to not being able to access the YT plugin last week, I had updates turned off for the last year and a half. I decided I would go ahead and just update the phone with all my apps. after which the YT plugin stopped working. I'm pretty sure that update caused the issue for me because my Google Music app and my Youtube app were updated to completely new versions. I can only assume that my Google+ account was updated too, which caused me now login using the Third Party ID.

It's still pretty confusing when logging into Google+ and Youtube since they have different login ID's.

I will say though that I'm pretty confident that it's not a plugin issue. It's a Google/Youtube issue. At least for me

BTW, I just realized that I blacked out my ID on the screen shots. @@
(2013-09-07, 00:08)sfbay99 Wrote:

Youtube still isn't working on Android. Any ideas? Nothing stands out at me in the debug log.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6077373/
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Hi, i'm trying to play a playlist and only the first video shows

happened to two different playlists now, and it works fine on desktop

and why am i not getting the same results as the desktop windows 7 youtube?
Has anyone tried the new YouTubePlayer.py that was updated on the 30th August

YouTubePlayer.py
Press THANK USER if I Help
why is not on repo ? or its not working with xbmc 13

Did this but it didn't work.. still cant see my subs. Is there any other solution? Google is pissing me off right now!
(2013-09-10, 04:20)Jani7Bray Wrote: I actually need more feedback concerning the manual scrapping.ImageImageImageImageImage

Spam
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
I tried it too,nothing except YT suggestsSad
So any new solutions to subscriptions not showing up on the plugin?
I too have no access to my subscriptions or playlists Sad
Is anyone else having trouble watching the Young Turks live stream or is it just my problem?
  • 232(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28