• 62(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
liemaz Wrote:It does not download videos either. Its not a big deal, maybe it a problem with my router or something my ISP as messed up.

I appreciate you taking a look at it.

The problem has been fixed. It was not an issue with the plug-in. It was some sort of DNS error.
pike Wrote:not sure, May 1 2011 should work I think

time to checkout GIT and build yourself maybe :p

Thank you for the date info. Rolleyes
gott_sei_dank Wrote:@pike and HenrikDK So what chance a more intelligent buffer for the future, if you know the size of the stream and the type of codec used with the user setting their max download speed couldn't <cachemembuffersize> be set automatically, this of course makes an assumption of number of network conditions.

From my point of view this is entirely an xbmc issue as xbmc's "dvdplayer" core is the piece of code thats best positioned to control and regulate streaming, the plugins job should just remain to be resolving a video id to the final video url, other wise it would break the whole idea with plugins.
HenrikDK Wrote:From my point of view this is entirely an xbmc issue as xbmc's "dvdplayer" core is the piece of code thats best positioned to control and regulate streaming, the plugins job should just remain to be resolving a video id to the final video url, other wise it would break the whole idea with plugins.

Indeed it is. But you could still offer ideas of how you would want this intelligent caching system to work (I got some ideas already)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pike Wrote:Indeed it is. But you could still offer ideas of how you would want this intelligent caching system to work (I got some ideas already)

Well now that I think about it, I have one minor suggestion from my own experience, right now xbmc seems to throw away video that's already been played, meaning that when you "skip back", the video stream has to be downloaded again, and you wait for buffering once more.

Also we have some users who have children that are watching the same videos again and again (repetition is fun Smile), it would be nice if the caching system would keep the last 2-3 videos lying around (disk space permitting) or at-least the last played item (ie like the YouTube flash player).

The last suggestion there is something we are working on in the plugin (ie. if a user has downloaded a video we serve up the local copy) so it might not be as important, but the buffering issues during rewind seem very unfortunate.
Quick question - what port does this addon use for the incoming streams? Is it the default XBMC network port? Just want to know so I can set up my router's QoS to get the best possible video streaming.

Thanks Smile
kiboy6 Wrote:Quick question - what port does this addon use for the incoming streams? Is it the default XBMC network port? Just want to know so I can set up my router's QoS to get the best possible video streaming.

Thanks Smile

Well most of the url's we provide to xbmc are standard http links so they would probably go over port 80. According to this the RTMP streams (who are non-working right now) go over port 1935 for unsecured streams and port 443 for secure streams.
I installed youtube plugin on my xbox. The plugin loads, and i am on the home screen of youtube.

But then my xbox starts thinking and thinking. The circle in the right upper corner goes round and round till i turn of the machine.

Any one any suggestions?
cobels Wrote:I installed youtube plugin on my xbox. The plugin loads, and i am on the home screen of youtube.

But then my xbox starts thinking and thinking. The circle in the right upper corner goes round and round till i turn of the machine.

Any one any suggestions?

This plugin wont work on Xbox..

From the Home page (http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/):
Quote:In order to use this plugin you will need the latest stable Dharma 10.0 release of XBMC. Older versions will not work.
Help.

When I queue multiple videos from my Youtube Playlist in XBMC I have problem seeing video after the video finishes playing.

If I queue a couple videos and start playing I can see the first video but when that video finishes and the next one starts playing I only get audio and a black screen.

Thanks.
After playing around I'm able to get video showing by pressing the fullscreen button. Any way to fix this without having to use this work-around?
Ronald Pagan Wrote:After playing around I'm able to get video showing by pressing the fullscreen button. Any way to fix this without having to use this work-around?

Hi this plugin doesn't control playback it only provides the video stream URL, what you're experiencing is a problem with XBMC's playback engine so I suggest you ask around in the general support forums as there's nothing we can do. (Please remember to provide more information in that thread ie. machine information, xbmc version debug log etc etc)
Just wondering if there is a way of adding a specific channel ? :confused2:
skweezer Wrote:Just wondering if there is a way of adding a specific channel ? :confused2:

We haven't added an option to enter the name of a channel but if you can find a video from that channel the context menu will allow you to subscribe to the channel (note this requires you to be logged in).
is there any way to refresh the "new video from subscriptions" without having to exit xbmc and re-open it?

1 time out of 4 when I exit I get a black screen and I have to restart my computer so that sucks Wink
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28