• 66(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
stout Wrote:Didn't see it, sorry! I just did a google search and found something in the first few pages of this thread that were tangentially related so I went for it.

Do we have a public certificate submitted to Google yet, or should I plan on doing that myself? If you don't know what I'm talking about, the answer is probably that I need to do that Smile

From your question i assume you're looking into oauth1 since theres no mention of a certificate requirement for oauth 2. In that case i would highly suggest going with oauth 2 since oauth 1 really isnt geared for logins from native application but is more of a webserver to webserver thing.

http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/doc...h2.html#IA
HenrikDK Wrote:From your question i assume you're looing into oauth1 since theres no mention of a certificate requirement for oauth 2. In that case i would highly suggest going with oauth 2 since oauth 1 really isnt geared for logins from native application but is more of a webserver to webserver thing.

http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/doc...h2.html#IA

Whoops... I'll have to learn to read closer. I looked for the OAuth API and found an article from the Google Data engineers describing it in detail. Didn't look to see that it was written in 2008! Hah.

That's cool, OAuth2 has a ton of sample code I can borrow from.
pike Wrote:Good News everyone that runs Git HEAD of XBMC, a while back I managed to convince grandmaster Elupus to enable something that can best be described as "Download to local disk and then play" it's all transparent but (for now) it needs an advanced setting added/changed:

Code:
<network>
   <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
  </network>

with this in place, XBMC will download http videos to disk transparently, you might have noticed there is new buffer info in the dialog ? If you pause playback, this will increase until it reached 100% this means the full video clip sits local on hdd. It can best be described as how Youtube works in a WWW browser or Quicktime.

So if you're feeling that youtube is throttling you too much, simply pause playback for a minute or so and that should give trouble free playback for X mins depending on length of clip and your connection.

I just enabled this setting, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

If I pause a stream, I can see the little bar will move forward for roughly 1 minute or so, then it stops. If I look in my router bandwidth stats, I can see that it does indeed buffer for about a minute, then it falls flat to 0KB/s.

If I understand you correctly, I should be able to buffer the whole movie, right?

I'm testing this on an icefilms stream from MegaUpload.
but does it work for youtube ? Test with stuff that we know work please, I have never seen that MU stuff...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Oh, I will test it. I saw you linked to this thread in the icefilms thread, so I figured it should work universally.

Just so you know, its definitely not working with streams OTHER than youtube. I've tried the Sesame Street addon, and the Canada On Demand addon. When you pause, it's just paused, and it stops downloading pretty much right away.

I'll test youtube when I have a moment and report back.
vinistois Wrote:Oh, I will test it. I saw you linked to this thread in the icefilms thread, so I figured it should work universally.

Just so you know, its definitely not working with streams OTHER than youtube. I've tried the Sesame Street addon, and the Canada On Demand addon. When you pause, it's just paused, and it stops downloading pretty much right away.

I'll test youtube when I have a moment and report back.

I'm using this feat with icefilms and its working for me. I didnt tested on youtube.

But i can only see the cache part of the video on the new confluence skin that comes with the Nightly build.
I am using yesterdays' nightly, with the new skin. I can see a teeny tiny bit of cache ahead of the 'paused' blue dot. But when I pause it, all network transfer stops.

Where is your advancedsettings.xml located? I put mine with the other xml's in the root of the /userdata/ folder, which is in my windows user profile appdata/roaming/xbmc folder. Is that where it should be?

edit: lets just continue our conversation in this thread instead of both Wink Thanks for your help
My advancedsettings.xml its in the same place, here its the code that I have

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
haha, bingo. I didn't have the <advancedsettings> tags in there. Now its working well, thanks! Makes things much more useable!

Is it possible that my MegaUpload user account info is not being used somehow? I do get the 'log in successful' message, and I have a premium account. But my slow download speeds have me baffled...
pike Wrote:Good News everyone that runs Git HEAD of XBMC, a while back I managed to convince grandmaster Elupus to enable something that can best be described as "Download to local disk and then play" it's all transparent but (for now) it needs an advanced setting added/changed:

Code:
<network>
  </network>

with this in place, XBMC will download http videos to disk transparently, you might have noticed there is new buffer info in the dialog ? If you pause playback, this will increase until it reached 100% this means the full video clip sits local on hdd. It can best be described as how Youtube works in a WWW browser or Quicktime.

So if you're feeling that youtube is throttling you too much, simply pause playback for a minute or so and that should give trouble free playback for X mins depending on length of clip and your connection.

Hi, i would love this functionality, but can someone clarify what git HEAD is? are these the nightly builds? I am currently using the last stable release of xbmc, but if you mean nightlies i will certainly update just to get this functionality. if its not nightlies can you maybe explain further waht that is and where i can get the git HEAD
the nightlies are built for you, nightly, from current git head. Git contains the source Code. From the source, windows/linux/live builds can be built.

As of early May, all the nightly builds have this functionality.

So you can build your own from git (called building from source), or just download and install a nightly pre-compiled version.

Create a file in your userdata dir called advancedsettings.xml

the file has to contain this text:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

easiest way to create this xml file is to just copy one of the other xml files in that dir, rename it, then open it and paste in this text (deleting the rest of what was in there). Save the file, reboot xbmc, and bobs your uncle.
I just tried the code for network buffer in advanced settings on osx, with newest official nightly build from june 3rd, but not sure how i'm supposed to know if buffering is actually working? a few pages back i read about pressing pause and seeing buffering show up. I've tried pressing info, and menu, to see if that comes up when paused or playing but dont see buffering anywhere.

since i do have youtube throttling alot, this would definitely be helpful for me to enable. as it stands, my advanced settings file on osx looks like the following. i already had a file in my userdata folder btw, the video extensions part was alrady there, i just added the network section i was supposed to.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <add>.html</add>
  </videoextensions>

<network>
  </network>

</advancedsettings>
Logins stopped working completely after update to 2.04, but works like charm in 2.03.
I wonder... how to disable automatic updates?
Vultures Wrote:Logins stopped working completely after update to 2.04, but works like charm in 2.03.
I wonder... how to disable automatic updates?

Hi, it should work but what platform are you running on and can we get a debug log (both the plugins and xbmc's debug mode enabled)?

Ps. if you're running windows try upgrading to the latest nightly (and if you're still having problems we can probably use your log for this trac ticket)

/HenrikDK
Hi HenrikDK

I am fine with 2.03 for now. If 2.05 (or whatever next version it will be) will not work, I'll open the ticket.

Cheers

PS: Platfrom is Win7. You could've guessed=)
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28