• 112(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Thanks anyway, I installed xbmc live replacing openelec, and that problem is solved. But xbmc is very very slow (2 minutes to boot vs 15 seconds of openelec)
I'll open a thread in the section to learn a few tricks to speed it up.
Here is the link to the log:
http://nopaste.info/f29503e01f.html

It seems that the app does not matter, but the "feature" portion of the link does.

1. I copy the link from YouTube app and paste it into Dolphin (the browser). The "Share" window appears, I select "Send to XBMC" - nothing happens.
2. I edit the link in a text editor to remove the "feature" portion, copy it and paste it into Dolphin. "Share" window appears, send to XBMC - video is played.

Of course, it still does not mean the fault is on the addin side - it might as well break it in the XBMC Remote mechanism. I'll bug those people too Wink
JabberwockPL Wrote:Here is the link to the log:
http://nopaste.info/f29503e01f.html

It seems that the app does not matter, but the "feature" portion of the link does.

1. I copy the link from YouTube app and paste it into Dolphin (the browser). The "Share" window appears, I select "Send to XBMC" - nothing happens.
2. I edit the link in a text editor to remove the "feature" portion, copy it and paste it into Dolphin. "Share" window appears, send to XBMC - video is played.

Of course, it still does not mean the fault is on the addin side - it might as well break it in the XBMC Remote mechanism. I'll bug those people too Wink

Yeah, now i get the good stuff.

PHP Code:
09:51:09 T:5052  ERRORXBMC.PlayMedia could not play mediahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcDikgkoAqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player 

in contrast to:
PHP Code:
09:51:57 T:5248  NOTICEYouTube-2.8.0 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.video.youtube/''0''?path=/root/search&action=play_video&videoid=zcDikgkoAqU'

So looks like the XBMC Remote indeed can't handle any "&" after the "v".
Is the youtube plugin compatible with 64 bit linux, I only ask this because recently I installed F16 64 bit and XBMC 64 bit and the pluging installs itself automatically like usual and I can login and it refreshs no problem but when I click to play a video nothing happens and the plugins that rely on youtube like vimeo and vevo don't work in the same way. Now I went back to F16 32 bit for now but I'd like to know what the problem might be.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
Pednick Wrote:Is the youtube plugin compatible with 64 bit linux, I only ask this because recently I installed F16 64 bit and XBMC 64 bit and the pluging installs itself automatically like usual and I can login and it refreshs no problem but when I click to play a video nothing happens and the plugins that rely on youtube like vimeo and vevo don't work in the same way. Now I went back to F16 32 bit for now but I'd like to know what the problem might be.

In the Eden pre branch i saw some issues with urllib2 implementation. They should be fixed with the next release though.

I haven't done any testing with Dharma on 64bit.

My issues were different from yours though. So in the future, always remember to include a bug report.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ting_a_bug
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Yeah, now i get the good stuff.

PHP Code:
09:51:09 T:5052  ERRORXBMC.PlayMedia could not play mediahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcDikgkoAqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player 

in contrast to:
PHP Code:
09:51:57 T:5248  NOTICEYouTube-2.8.0 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.video.youtube/''0''?path=/root/search&action=play_video&videoid=zcDikgkoAqU'

So looks like the XBMC Remote indeed can't handle any "&" after the "v".

XBMC remote code looks all right to me. What might be wrong here?

Code:
final Pattern pattern = Pattern.compile(".*v=([a-z0-9_\\-]+)(?:&.)*", Pattern.CASE_INSENSITIVE);
final Matcher matcher = pattern.matcher(path);
if (matcher.matches()) {
     url = "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&action=play_video&videoid=" + matcher.group(1);
     message = "Do you want to play\nYoutube video " + matcher.group(1) + " on XBMC? Youtube addon required!";
} else {
     url = playuri.toString();
}

Do we maybe need to add A-Z in the regex?
Looks fine to me.
As far as I can tell, it's not in the matcher portion: I get the "Do you want to play..." message in both cases, so it seems to be matched well. (Besides it has no problems with large case letters in the video portion of the link.)

I believe the "XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media" portion of the code might be more interesting...

Oh, and one more thing: in the fault scenario XBMC displays "Working..." message, so it seems to be getting something... It's just not showing anything.
It seems there's already a pull request for the fix. Hopefully we'll get an updated remote soon.
newatv2user Wrote:It seems there's already a pull request for the fix. Hopefully we'll get an updated remote soon.

I thought I've searched the bug tracking page for this Sad Obviously many people are reporting this.

Also, it seems there is a (supposed) fix for this from October... It seems just to accept the link in the matcher - I suppose YouTube addin will behave if it gets thrown links like these?

We'll see how it develops.

Thanks for your time anyway!
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:In the Eden pre branch i saw some issues with urllib2 implementation. They should be fixed with the next release though.

I haven't done any testing with Dharma on 64bit.

My issues were different from yours though. So in the future, always remember to include a bug report.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ting_a_bug

Actually I made a mistake, I should have said that everything refreshed but I couldn't get into any of the folders but the addons that rely on youtube didn't play the files when I clicked on them, in any case when I install F16 64 bit again I will include a pastebin log if there's still any problems.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
Pednick Wrote:Actually I made a mistake, I should have said that everything refreshed but I couldn't get into any of the folders but the addons that rely on youtube didn't play the files when I clicked on them, in any case when I install F16 64 bit again I will include a pastebin log if there's still any problems.

P.S.: Did you say it was fixed in Eden if so I'll just wait til Eden is released hopefully soon.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
I said that the issue I had would be solved for the final Eden release. And i am now doing development on a 64bit Ubuntu install.

But I'm not sure that your issue was the same as i had.
Hello,
it seems that the problem you are talking aboout is the same that i described a few days ago here ( post 1575 )

I still having the problem, but i found a work around ( post 1579 )

I hope my desciption can help a little ...

Thanks
I fixed this bug here: https://github.com/freezy/android-xbmcremote/pull/15
I am waiting for freezy to accept my merge request. The problem was the old regex did NOT work with the feature=gdata... in the YouTube URL.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28