• 38(current)
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker
any one know how to do this with a windows PC as the main XBMC player and repository and have XBMC on raspberry pi to all resume at same point as main unit?

Thanks
(2013-01-26, 21:27)robnoper Wrote: any one know how to do this with a windows PC as the main XBMC player and repository and have XBMC on raspberry pi to all resume at same point as main unit?

Thanks

You do the same thing it says to do in the MySQL (wiki) guide. There are no special instructions for the R-Pi.
(2013-01-19, 00:48)papreston Wrote: I have this setup on a windows home server 2011 machine and running very well. What's the best way to make a backup of the xbmc database on a set schedule?

Not sure about the set schedule part but what I do is use the XBMC library export to a single file to backup my XBMC library. Very easy to re-import the library again if needed.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
OK. Thanks for the info.
@papreston you can also do this
I set this up yesterday for my libaray on my nas it really easy and fully automatic :-)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Windows.29
IMPORTANT:
Don't use MySQL 5.6 like it says in the Wiki - I ignored that and drove myself crazy. 5.5 works like a champ.
Could a moderator *please* close this thread?

No necromancing!
way too old of a thread, outdated and all information relevant to what this was is now in the wiki...so this now only serves to cause confusion and frustration, it still refers to the Lifehacker page.
Please...

Thank you,
r
Fair point. Closed.

NEW THREAD: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157572
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker1