Movie titles missing when adding or refreshing library
BacklitVillain Wrote:bit of a newbie here.

Do I just find that file in the XBMC install directory and replace it with that copy?

thanks

That's what I did, but I'm still getting blank titles!
Where do we put this file to fix the IMDB blank titles? *edit* nvm, goes to /usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers/video
Even with the new scraper installed I would sometimes get titles, and sometimes not. By looking with a browser from different IPs it seems that the site sometimes gives an slightly different view randomly.

Anyway a quick fix that gets titles from either view was to change the imdb.xml mentioned in this thread slightly, so line

<expression trim="1" noclean="1">&lt;h1&gt;([^&lt;]*)</expression>

becomes

<expression trim="1" noclean="1">&lt;h1[^&gt;]*&gt;([^&lt;]*)</expression>

more work will be needed to fix the runtime and tagline and so on, but the title is the most important.
thereddog Wrote:I don't see it.... Where is it?

there is a menu on the left side of screen, much like library mode, if you're using a remote control, just hit your left arrow, it will make the menu pop up and shows the auto-update option
How do i go about updating this file in xbmc Live? just copy the file på usb and then i can replace it in xbmc?

Just had to update my whole library again and now i got 0 titles...
vitaminbjorn Wrote:How do i go about updating this file in xbmc Live? just copy the file på usb and then i can replace it in xbmc?

Just had to update my whole library again and now i got 0 titles...

That is what I did, XBMC Live installed to a REVO. Replaced the imdb file w/ the 'update', removed the broken media links and updated the library again.
Running 9.11 on Apple TV and having the same issue with the Movie Title being blank. If you need a log please let me know where I can find it on the Apple TV file system and I'll attach it.
Untill last week I've had no issues adding movies to my XBMC library and scraping IMDB for all data.

Recently when I add movies XBMC seems to discover the new files and scrape. I then see it locate the movie on IMDB and show the year all like normal. However, when I browse my library I see that XBMC has added the movie to the alphabetical start of my library and does not seem to have pulled all the proper information down, including title. I wondered if this was specific to some new movies I was adding so to test I removed an older movie that had been properly added to the Library and when I re-added it the same issue occured where it was at the front of the alphabet with not complete information. I know that XBMC is finding the movie on IMDB because it gives me fanart & box images but the name and other information is not downloading properly.

Here's the debug - http://pastebin.com/BABTVgwv

Here's a screenshot of the movie with no title - http://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffsnyder/5051553759/
Also, to verify this wasn't an issue specific to the IMDB scraper I tested with themoviedb.org scraper and got the same results. Partial but improper scrape.
Monkeysweat Wrote:there is a menu on the left side of screen, much like library mode, if you're using a remote control, just hit your left arrow, it will make the menu pop up and shows the auto-update option

Left side of which screen? I'm using XBMC on Windows
i was just about to top this thread, issue still persists for me, as well as TV scraping issues.
I have approximately 800 movies in my database and typically they all scrape properly unless there are multiple copies of the same video (I have all the iterations of Dawn of the Dead and a couple other good movies).

I use IMDB for my movie scraping.

When scanning for new files the movie name is displayed at the top of the screen, it pulls in the box art and the movie description properly, but in the movie listing the name is blank.

This is only library mode I'm using, I can click on the movies and they play fine and obviously XBMC knows what movie it is, but the title remains blank.

Has this happened to anyone?

TIA
-walt
Just reread the title, should read recently scraped not displaying titles.

There are only 8 or 9 movies in the database doing this and only the ones added in the last week.
Is there a fix for the Confluence skin on AppleTV? Or should the xml update for Camelot work? I tried the xml update but it didn't work. I just want to check if I made a mistake or if the xml is only good for Camelot
I am having the same problem with my movies. I have some noob questions in regards to this:

- How does one go about updating a scraper? Where do I get the updated file and how do I "install" it?

- I am with "thereddog", since I have not been able to find the "auto update" option for the scrapers. I tried finding a left menu in several screens and haven't found it.

- How does one find out which version/build of XBMC is running?

Thanks in advance for all your help with these issues.

--AG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie titles missing when adding or refreshing library2