Hulu desktop on Ubuntu minimal - possible?
Sorry for my lack of knowledge and very basic questions. I am a Linux noob though I was able to install minimal Ubuntu, XBMC and configure wireless connection. Laugh

I would like to install Hulu Desktop on my HTPC but I am not sure if it will run on box that has only minimal installation of Ubuntu. Coming from Windows environment, anything "Desktop" related would need Windows OS and not just DOS so that's why I am confused.

Thanks.
Anyone?
did you try installing the Linux version of Hulu desktop ? Desktop != Windows.
No, I did not try that. My Linux skills are close to zero so I wanted to ask question first before I start messing with my HTPC. I think there is also a requirement for Flash Player and again, I have no idea if that can be run on minimal Ubuntu.
drabina Wrote:No, I did not try that. My Linux skills are close to zero so I wanted to ask question first before I start messing with my HTPC. I think there is also a requirement for Flash Player and again, I have no idea if that can be run on minimal Ubuntu.

use firefox, install flash. then install hulu desktop. a little google-fu "linux flash hulu desktop" shows several posts on doing this.
davilla Wrote:use firefox, install flash. then install hulu desktop. a little google-fu "linux flash hulu desktop" shows several posts on doing this.

Here is where I get confused. I thought that minimal Ubuntu is like a command line. I do not think I get Firefox installed with it.
apt-get install firefox

firefox is now installed.
Quote:firefox is now installed.
Well...installed yes. Working, perhaps by your definition. Usable...no.

Instead:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71664
Quote:Here is where I get confused. I thought that minimal Ubuntu is like a command line. I do not think I get Firefox installed with it.
Yes and no. xbmc is running standalone but xbmcLive comes with fluxbox installed.
exit xbmc, login, type startx
That's a great link. Thanks.

I am running XBMC Live so I guess I can follow the link to install Firefox and flash. Then I should be able to install Hulu desktop.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hulu desktop on Ubuntu minimal - possible?0