• 7(current)
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon
(2012-07-02, 18:43)xbmcsnapper Wrote: However, some of the context menu items do not work. If I select "Picture information", "Start slideshow here" or "Add-on settings" from the context menu, nothing happens other than the context menu closes. No error in the debug log either.

The slideshow issue was reported by other users as well, and I'm sure the other ones are related. I'm not sure what is causing it. All those context menu items are provided by XBMC, not the addon. Interestingly, if you play a slideshow from the album's context menu, the pictures show fine.

As for the error you mentioned in the PM, I'll have to look into that. It would be useful if I could view your albums. I don't really use PicasaWeb and have very few photos there, so I can't really test your exact issue.

0.90 does display photos now, but they take 6-7 seconds to load, also cant figure a way to select next photo - using ATV2. Also as above, slideshow not working.

Really love this app, great for kids to look at photos on the tv set, wold be great if the speed issue could be looked at, also slideshow issues.

Many thanks.
(2012-07-16, 10:40)anchors Wrote: 0.90 does display photos now, but they take 6-7 seconds to load, also cant figure a way to select next photo - using ATV2. Also as above, slideshow not working.

Really love this app, great for kids to look at photos on the tv set, wold be great if the speed issue could be looked at, also slideshow issues.

Many thanks.

Delay is caused by the large size of the image. The problem is both how long it takes to transfer and more importantly the limited memory and limited processing power of the ATV2.
On a more powerful computer, the hi-res images would still load slower than low-res, but the difference would be much smaller.

Image plugins merely tell xbmc what the image URLs are. XBMC handles the fetching and displaying of the images. I don't really have control over how XBMC handles the image.
Hey ruuk,

Just started using this plugin - thanks very much.

I'm seeing an error though when viewing an album with more photos than what is configured to show per page in the add-on settings.

For instance, if I set it to 100/page, and go into an album with more than 100, it lists the first 100 and then has at the bottom "Next 100 photos."

If I select that, the script fails with errors like:

Code:
19:35:31 T:1424   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:35:31 T:5524    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
19:35:31 T:5524   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'gdata.photos.service.GooglePhotosException'>
19:35:31 T:5524   ERROR: Error Contents: (400, 'Bad Request', 'Invalid request URI')
19:35:31 T:5524   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 362, in <module>
                                                picasaPhotosSession()
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 46, in __init__
                                                self.getParamString('user',self.user,no_unquote=True))
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 146, in go
                                                success = self.process(mode,url,name,user,terms)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 163, in process
                                                self.ALBUM(url,user=user)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 340, in ALBUM
                                                photos = self.api().GetFeed(uri,limit=self.max_per_page,start_index=start)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\gdata\photos\service.py", line 179, in GetFeed
                                                raise GooglePhotosException(e.args[0])
                                            GooglePhotosException: (400, 'Bad Request', 'Invalid request URI')
19:35:31 T:5524    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

If however I am viewing a photo and manually advance, it seems to go to the next photos (after 100) with no error, so it seems to just be an issue with enumerating them.

Can you confirm a similar problem and if so, any chance of a fix?

thanks.

(p.s. Solution for now is to set items to 1000 so they all display - but that makes scrolling more difficult, and additionally I have some albums getting over the 1000 mark).
.peace out.
(2012-07-20, 02:44)bengalih Wrote: Hey ruuk,

Just started using this plugin - thanks very much.

I'm seeing an error though when viewing an album with more photos than what is configured to show per page in the add-on settings.

For instance, if I set it to 100/page, and go into an album with more than 100, it lists the first 100 and then has at the bottom "Next 100 photos."

If I select that, the script fails with errors like:

Code:
19:35:31 T:1424   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:35:31 T:5524    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
19:35:31 T:5524   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'gdata.photos.service.GooglePhotosException'>
19:35:31 T:5524   ERROR: Error Contents: (400, 'Bad Request', 'Invalid request URI')
19:35:31 T:5524   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 362, in <module>
                                                picasaPhotosSession()
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 46, in __init__
                                                self.getParamString('user',self.user,no_unquote=True))
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 146, in go
                                                success = self.process(mode,url,name,user,terms)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 163, in process
                                                self.ALBUM(url,user=user)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\default.py", line 340, in ALBUM
                                                photos = self.api().GetFeed(uri,limit=self.max_per_page,start_index=start)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc-user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.picasa\gdata\photos\service.py", line 179, in GetFeed
                                                raise GooglePhotosException(e.args[0])
                                            GooglePhotosException: (400, 'Bad Request', 'Invalid request URI')
19:35:31 T:5524    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

If however I am viewing a photo and manually advance, it seems to go to the next photos (after 100) with no error, so it seems to just be an issue with enumerating them.

Can you confirm a similar problem and if so, any chance of a fix?

thanks.

(p.s. Solution for now is to set items to 1000 so they all display - but that makes scrolling more difficult, and additionally I have some albums getting over the 1000 mark).

I've recently had this same error reported to me by another user. I need someone to let me add them as a contact so that I can test albums with that many photos, as I only have about 25 photos on picasaweb.

I have all my photos (over 8000) on Flickr. I only maintain this plugin because of the guilt I would feel if I abandoned it Smile
i am receiving a bad authentication error, even though the login and password are ok.

any ideas?
I got problems with "next page", dosnt work
Feature request: This add-on is really great. It would be perfect if there was an option to turn captions on photos on or off (I actually use captions on my photos)
(2012-09-18, 01:21)novolo Wrote: i am receiving a bad authentication error, even though the login and password are ok.

any ideas?

Nope. Sorry for the super late reply. An error log would be helpful.

(2012-11-03, 00:23)rouz Wrote: I got problems with "next page", dosnt work

An error log would be helpful. I did a quick test and it worked fine for me.

(2012-12-31, 02:36)toonwolf Wrote: Feature request: This add-on is really great. It would be perfect if there was an option to turn captions on photos on or off (I actually use captions on my photos)

Not sure how that would be accomplished via the plugin interface. Also I'm not really adding features to this addon as I don't really use PicasaWeb. I keep hoping someone who actually uses the service will either want to take over this addon or develop their own. I only wrote this because there wasn't one and I thought that PicasaWeb users might use it.

Version 0.9.1

Changes:
- Use image description when available
- Show maximum number of images when called from Plugin Slideshow Screensaver
- Changed name to PicasaWeb

On my REPO.

I changed the name to PicasaWeb to be less confusing. Originally I was avoiding the use of PicasaWeb to avoid confusion with an older script that used that name, but I don't think that will be a problem at this point.

If you want your PicasaWeb photos in a slideshow, you can check out my Plugin Slideshow Screensaver HERE.
It is on my REPO.
Hi. Love the add-on. Could I request a feature?
I would like the ability to download images through the PicasaWeb add on to my network. Is that possible?
In fact, just add this option to all your add ons. lol. I love it.
Version 0.9.2

Changes:
- Added the ability to download photos to defined writable file locations. Use 'Download' from photo context menu

On my REPO.

This should be able to download to locations defined in the XBMC file manager, as long as XBMC thinks it can write files to them. In testing I've successfully downloaded to samba locations without issue.
Thanks again for adding this. I use your add-ons just about every day.
Question 
Is there any way to hook Picasa starred photos into the XBMC screensaver?
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, thought I would check.

There seems to be no way to get STARRED photos from Picasa (desktop) or Picasa Web to show up anywhere.
Any ideas
| Frodo| Windows7 64b | Acer Aspire Revo 3610 3GB |
| Frodo | PeppermintOS 3 | Dell Dimension 3100 | 2GB |
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon4