• 66(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
Thanks! Works great on Windows 10 Pro X64 and KODI 17.1 nightly (3.9.2017) and the newest iMon Manager.

(2016-05-29, 11:48)Jogga Wrote: SETUP VFD (without disc icon)
I have 2 lines with the Title (with deffilement) the curent movie time ( >1:25:36 / 2:30:00) / or progress bar / or current time + progress bar

XbmcOnImon Version :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx1r64tugs1k4l....4.7z?dl=0

Cruz40Setup :

imon settings left alone

1st
Kodi
System-Services-Web server
settings
Allow remote control via http: enabled
port 9191 *these must match
username kodi
move off page to save settings

System-Services-Remote control
settings
Allow remote control by programs on other systems: enabled

close kodi

xbmc-on-imon settings
ip 127.0.0.1 port 9191 *these must match
username kodi
tcp port 9090
move on off page to save changes
Hello, How can you set tcp port 9090 with this version? I can't see the option...

I have 2 lines with the Title (with deffilement) the curent movie time ( >1:25:36 / 2:30:00) / or progress bar / or current time + progress bar

XbmcOnImon Version :

Cruz40Setup :

imon settings left alone

1st
Kodi
settings
username kodi

settings

close kodi

xbmc-on-imon settings
username kodi
tcp port 9090
XBMC on IMON say "Running"
Apparently nothing fails....but the Display only show ------------- up and under... but nothing.... with version v0.1.0.95 works but no show progress bar and time left...etc...
This is the end of the debug of v0.1.4.0

14/03/2017 13:29:57 [XBMC] JSON RPC response: {"id":9,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"Player.Duration":"02:28:07","Player.Time":"00:00:00"}}
14/03/2017 13:29:57 [Display Handler] Setting text to "Spectre"
14/03/2017 13:29:57 [Display Handler] VFD.SetText: Spectre; 0:00:00/2:28:07
14/03/2017 13:29:57 [iMON] ERROR VFD is not available
14/03/2017 13:29:58 [Display Handler] Setting text to "Spectre"
14/03/2017 13:29:58 [XBMC] XBMC.GetInfoLabels(Player.Time, Player.Duration)
14/03/2017 13:29:58 [XBMC] Calling JSON RPC method "XBMC.GetInfoLabels"...
14/03/2017 13:29:58 [XBMC] JSON RPC call: {
"jsonrpc": "2.0",
"method": "XBMC.GetInfoLabels",
"params": {
"labels": [
"Player.Time",
"Player.Duration"
]
},
"id": 10

(2017-03-11, 18:36)mansig Wrote: Hello, How can you set tcp port 9090 with this version? I can't see the option...

XbmcOnImon Version :

Cruz40Setup :

imon settings left alone

1st
Kodi
settings
username kodi

settings

close kodi

xbmc-on-imon settings
username kodi
tcp port 9090
Bumping this thread, no display when initiating kodi, but as soon as you shutdown imon for kodi, imon just works fine but not for kodi.
(2016-02-15, 01:26)Sleuth255 Wrote: Ok,I finally got everything working nicely with my imon VFD display on Kodi v15.2 so I thought I'd share some info.

First off, things get interesting in this thread starting at page 41. No need to go back much further than that. In fact, page 50 and on contain about the most relevant info for Isengard.

Margru's version of xbmconimon is better than parslej's. Advanced options work well, it disconnects automatically when Kodi closes, and all the display movie tags work (DTS etc.) It also correctly shows my surround mode.

Margru's version is here:

https://github.com/margru/xbmc-on-imon/downloads

Things to keep in mind with Kodi Isengard versions:

json port settings need to be specified in advancedsettings.xml. You must have the jsonrpc tags in the xml file or xbmconimon will not connect unless you set the tcp port to the same value as the webserver port. However if you do this, json notifications won't be sent out and you will get no playing show info!

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <jsonrpc>
        <tcpport>9090</tcpport>
    </jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

The gotcha here is that the format was apparently changed sometime after Gotham. Topmost advancedsettings tags have been added. On Gotham they were not needed but on Isengard, if you don't have these tags, all advanced settings are ignored.

Now, set up xbmconimon's tcp port to the port you indicated in the advanced settings xml file above and the server port to the webserver port you set up in kodi

Finally, use launcher4kodi to launch iMON, xbmconimon, and kodi. It knows about all three apps and you can set your path to each on the Kodi Path tab. Also set focus settings to re-focus every 5 seconds. Focus will be lost a couple of times while everything loads, but by the time the cool kodi startup animation is finished, the focus will be on Kodi again.

Launcher4kodi is here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798

this took all afternoon...

You are amazing Sir.
Thanks for posting this. Everything is working for me as expected with this version of imon for xbmc/kodi

Its working for me with the latest version of Kodi Krypton as of posting this.
I even get the spinning disk, and the audio formats underneath and the 7.1 channel.

Guys please continue to work on this version of the imon in the future. This works perfectly as of 25th April 2017 with the latest version of Kodi Krypton.
Okay, heres the problem I'm having. I'm running iMon-on-XBMC 0.1.9.5 Parslej on an iMon lcd panel, with Krypton 17.1 port 85, on Win10 x64. I had this running perfectly for over a year, until my Kodi build started crashing a few seconds after starting up. So I reinstalled Kodi from scratch and couldn't iMon-on-XBMC to run, just crashing with the message "Cannot connect to XBMC at 127.0.0.1:85". I had made a backup of the userdata folder from the previous build, so I replaced the current userdata folder with the backup and iMon-on-XBMC worked again, but Kodi crashed again after starting. I'm putting money on it being an addon causing it to crash.

But I'm thinking that there must be something in that userdata folder which is enabling iMon-on-XBMC, but it isn't present in the new build. Has anyone any idea what this could be, so I can copy just that particular part into the new userdata folder? At the very least it will show whether or not iMon-on-XBMC is causing the crash or not.

I would also like to edit my display to show the elapsed/remaining times for shows and movies, if this is possible?
(2016-02-15, 01:26)Sleuth255 Wrote: Ok,I finally got everything working nicely with my imon VFD display on Kodi v15.2 so I thought I'd share some info.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that is an LCD display, not VFD. A VFD display looks like this:

I finally got it working with my Kodi build using json's 0.1.9.5, suggested earlier in this thread. I'm using the default port 8080, no need to reconfigure the port to 9090, as also was suggested, or 85 as I had been using before.

How did you manage to get the timecodes showing?
(2017-05-11, 17:44)mickrick Wrote:

How did you manage to get the timecodes showing?

It shows perfectly fine. Did you set up the advancedsettings.xml file under userbase, with the code...
(2017-04-25, 19:19)MANswers Wrote: You are amazing Sir.
Thanks for posting this. Everything is working for me as expected with this version of imon for xbmc/kodi

I even get the spinning disk, and the audio formats underneath and the 7.1 channel.

Guys please continue to work on this version of the imon in the future. This works perfectly as of 25th April 2017 with the latest version of Kodi Krypton.

Please,

Can you explain your configuration?

I'm newby in this, and using Krypton, I can't get spinning disk, audio format........only te title of the movie, no remaining time, no elapsed time.......

Thank you very much
(2017-06-27, 19:58)Bitter Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 19:19)MANswers Wrote: You are amazing Sir.

Please,

Can you explain your configuration?

I'm newby in this, and using Krypton, I can't get spinning disk, audio format........only te title of the movie, no remaining time, no elapsed time.......

Thank you very much

Create a file advancedsettings.xml under appdata/roaming/kodi/userdata

Here is the file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uba2twt5grncin...s.xml?dl=0

Rest of the stuff should be easy. check screenshot below.

and have the same port number, username and password in kodi settings interface.
Let know how it goes.

Shutdown kodi, shutdown imon, shutdown imon for kodi.
Start Kodi
Start imon
start imon for kodi...
(2017-06-29, 23:52)MANswers Wrote: and have the same port number, username and password in kodi settings interface.
Let know how it goes.

Unfortunately it does not work to me

If the IP port and the TCP port are equals (whatever port), at least imon show the info of Kodi, but if I put different port, XBMC on Imon can't connect. even using the advancedsettings.xml file

If I put same IP-TCP-kodi remote control port is the same, I can see the name of the file that I', playing.....no spinning disc, no audio format......

Thank for your efford
(2017-06-30, 16:42)Bitter Wrote:
(2017-06-29, 23:52)MANswers Wrote: and have the same port number, username and password in kodi settings interface.
Let know how it goes.

Unfortunately it does not work to me

If the IP port and the TCP port are equals (whatever port), at least imon show the info of Kodi, but if I put different port, XBMC on Imon can't connect. even using the advancedsettings.xml file

If I put same IP-TCP-kodi remote control port is the same, I can see the name of the file that I', playing.....no spinning disc, no audio format......

Thank for your efford

Just tinker around. I am sure you are missing something.
Hello everyone, I'm a long time Imon user. Sorry to hijack the thread a bit. Sadly, Soundgraph has dropped Imon. My VFD is getting old, does anyone knows of a newer system like this ?
Thanks Smile
Works great.
can you help me to add Hebrew lang to my imon vfd.
right now it do's not show heb text 
I am with imon VFD on pc windows with kodi
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7