• 2(current)
[WIP] Metro UI Media Center
starcitysecrets Wrote:wow that netflix view is so cool! so jealous that I didnt make that.

is this netflix addon in development or released then?

I am not exactly sure as to how far it is but there is some development going on over here.

On a side note I added a Hulu Plus mockup.
When playing movies - this is definitely going to change as I am really unsure how to do it. If anyone has an idea that might help for button placement I would be more than happy to listen.

Dvorac Wrote:When playing movies - this is definitely going to change as I am really unsure how to do it. If anyone has an idea that might help for button placement I would be more than happy to listen.

Quite sure we can't do the popup thing on top of the current time, but not entirely certain.
D0nR0sa Wrote:Quite sure we can't do the popup thing on top of the current time, but not entirely certain.

Not possible, also as nice as these mocks look I'm sad to say a lot of it is not currently possible in xbmc, such as filtering the library by letter. Also separating the contents of a list view with a letter. Also true "blur" is not incorporated into the skinning engine yet either, so using it would require some hacks.

Keep up the work though, as you may inspire a dev to incorporate some of these features.

Also the way the text fades isn't possible as we cant use a "diffuse texture" on fonts. You have to either use a standard colordiffuse and or make clever use of overlaying a background texture. Both have their faults though.
Arcanthur Wrote:Not possible, also as nice as these mocks look I'm sad to say a lot of it is not currently possible in xbmc, such as filtering the library by letter. Also separating the contents of a list view with a letter. Also true "blur" is not incorporated into the skinning engine yet either, so using it would require some hacks.

For the blur all I had planned to do was simply have a 2nd fanart associated with each original unblurred fanart, so that it isn't too cpu intensive anyway.

Quote:Also the way the text fades isn't possible as we cant use a "diffuse texture" on fonts. You have to either use a standard colordiffuse and or make clever use of overlaying a background texture. Both have their faults though.

For the fonts it isn't possible to add a drop shadow while applying a semi-transparent gradient overlay? Hmm, I might need to rethink a few things then.

Thank you for everything by the way as I have no idea what is/isn't possible.
Arcanthur Wrote:Not possible, also as nice as these mocks look I'm sad to say a lot of it is not currently possible in xbmc, such as filtering the library by letter

Maybe could be done with a playlist I use to have one playlist for each letter in my favourites using the rule Title Starts With just so I could jump quickly to something
A couple more mockups - girlfriend is now home so thank her for giving me some spare time to work on this. Also any additional mockups will now be posted here until the limit is reached.

Movies - showcase view - derived from netflix instant queue

Side-settings - although I need to change the toggle switches as they are straight from WP7 templates

Side-settings alt

Notification Center (bottom right of every window)

Really nice !
My vote is on side menu no. 2
D0nR0sa Wrote:Quite sure we can't do the popup thing on top of the current time, but not entirely certain.
Actually it is possible - You just need small python script that will move/animate some GUI elements - easy to do if any1 is interested Smile

---edit:
Separation items in list by first letter could be done by dedicated plugin

nothing is impossible Smile
I like every mock up I've seen yet, except the transport buttons one. This skin should definitely be made.
Awesome skin so far makes me wonder why I'm doing mine!
How about using "reFocus" as a base? It seems to have the same general layout as your mockups Smile just throwing it out there.
Updated reply #22 with a larger version of the notification center. Something that I tried to focus on when designing it was that I wanted to make it blend in and be something that you see only in the background as library updates are anything but discreet on most skins.

On a side note I am not sure if I will be able to continue with the skin after classes start on the 9th (yay 19 credits) so I might just release the PSD files once I get them organized.
EDIT: All information will be added to first post from now on. Three PSD files have been added so far.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metro UI Media Center2