• 8(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
@UserInterface.

I've been looking at some of your images and the images themselves, usually, are fine the only problem is that they are not close enough to the bottom. I usually keep 1/2 px between image and bottom. Why not copy a couple of recently accepted images and line them up. Your making it sound like hikaricore has a personal vendetta against you and your images, really don't believe he does.

Don't give up too easily, my stuff got rejected on a regular base to at first.
Kode, while I was looking for "The Pacific" I didn't find it under the P, one would expect to find it there, however I did find it under the T where all shows starting with "The" are. Wink

Can't Imagen that's the way we want it, right?
Yea it's really not personal. Did you read the 100% foolproof way of bottom aligning logos a few pages back which I provided? I get the feeling that this is less about being able to and more about not wanting to, you put on a good front but then after saying you've tried your best you start ranting about how you disagree with the rules. My bullshit detector is going off like crazy. Something you may not be aware of this but I'm currently working with a handful of projects where people piss and bitch and moan about not getting their way then point fingers at me as the root cause. You aren't the first person to make claims of this nature and you won't be the last. If you stop making logos your work will be missed but we'll survive.
Does photoshop have autocrop? I tried looking for it earlier, if not then thats one thing from hikaricores tips that wont work for you, but the general idea is the same.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
I think it's called trim in Photoshop but I rarely use it so I'm not 100% on that.
Hey guys,

I keep getting busted with "Duplicates". Confused

I certainly DON"T upload them twice, but sometimes the page doesn't update, so I hit the refresh button and I think that's what causes it (user error for sure Nod)

Should this happen? I'd like to resolve it because you guys have enough to do without tacking duplicates.

Perhaps we could have a "delete" option in the Control Panel?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:Hey guys,

I keep getting busted with "Duplicates". Confused

I certainly DON"T upload them twice, but sometimes the page doesn't update, so I hit the refresh button and I think that's what causes it (user error for sure Nod)

Should this happen? I'd like to resolve it because you guys have enough to do without tacking duplicates.

Perhaps we could have a "delete" option in the Control Panel?

Interesting, I should be able to fix that by doing a php header after the upload so if you refresh it doesn't repost the data.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
hikaricore Wrote:I think it's called trim in Photoshop but I rarely use it so I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah i just tried Trim, seems to work as you said. Good work Tongue
Kode Wrote:Interesting, I should be able to fix that by doing a php header after the upload so if you refresh it doesn't repost the data.

That sound great. Thx
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
MarkAsRead Wrote:@UserInterface.

I've been looking at some of your images and the images themselves, usually, are fine the only problem is that they are not close enough to the bottom. I usually keep 1/2 px between image and bottom. Why not copy a couple of recently accepted images and line them up. Your making it sound like hikaricore has a personal vendetta against you and your images, really don't believe he does.

Don't give up too easily, my stuff got rejected on a regular base to at first.

Sorry, thats not what I am saying. I am sure it is user error as everyone else is fine. I have also stated that I have no problem with alingment as I just change mine so that sit how and where I want.

I create a PSD that is the correct size and copy my work files into that at the end. Once this layer is added, i drag it down to the bottom of the image and photoshop snaps it to the bottom. This will line the bottom of the text and any effects to the absolute bottom. I then hold CTRL (to stop the snap) and move it up just the tinyest bit (about 1-PX) same amount as someone else said.

I am not disagreeing with the rules, I can create mine and I am happy with that. I am just getting frustrated as I am reading every post and folowing the instructions that you are laying down.
I realise that it also must be frustrating for you as you feel like you keep telling me the same thing over and over.

I will snap to the very bottom and let you judge if it is OK. Well give this a go, and if not then I am not only wasting my time but yours aswell.
Degrassi Junior High & Black Beauty attempted again.
Bane on my existence them 2. Hope they meet the grade! Wink

They both took ages!!

BTW, I have a shed load of fonts if anyone needs any. Approximately ALL of them! 102,000 to be more precise. Wink
Just a mission searching through the lot, unless someone has an idea for a program to help font matching?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
DejaVu77 Wrote:Degrassi Junior High & Black Beauty attempted again.
Bane on my existence them 2. Hope they meet the grade! Wink

They both took ages!!

BTW, I have a shed load of fonts if anyone needs any. Approximately ALL of them! 102,000 to be more precise. Wink
Just a mission searching through the lot, unless someone has an idea for a program to help font matching?

Tongue

I have about 10,000 fonts as well. It's a real PITA to search through them. When i did Degrassi i used NexusFont to search.
I typed in Junior High and use the preview, makes it a lot easyer to match fonts.
But still takes about 25min to find the right one.

I am interested to know how you did Black Beauty. I wouldn't even know where to start on one like that.

@hikaricore you rejected Walkabout and said that I was trying to make a point. I wasn't. I just missed that one, however I did find a interesting setting in photoshop that will help me. Hopefully that wont happen again.

Let me know when you check that one.
UserInterface Wrote:Tongue

I have about 10,000 fonts as well. It's a real PITA to search through them. When i did Degrassi i used NexusFont to search.
I typed in Junior High and use the preview, makes it a lot easyer to match fonts.
But still takes about 25min to find the right one.

I am interested to know how you did Black Beauty. I wouldn't even know where to start on one like that.

@hikaricore you rejected Walkabout and said that I was trying to make a point. I wasn't. I just missed that one, however I did find a interesting setting in photoshop that will help me. Hopefully that wont happen again.

Let me know when you check that one.

10,000 font! ugh, I envy you guys that can see a font and match it, I know my limitations and try to fill out the logos that are cut-out only...I just can't font match for the life of me.

On a side note - Hiki might be a tough grader but we'd like to get these into XBMC proper and without standards we could end up with how clearART turned out. Take some of these House clearARTS for example. Theres a bunch more badly cropped clearARTS out the too...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:10,000 font! ugh, I envy you guys that can see a font and match it, I know my limitations and try to fill out the logos that are cut-out only...I just can't font match for the life of me.

On a side note - Hiki might be a tough grader but we'd like to get these into XBMC proper and without standards we could end up with how clearART turned out. Take some of these House clearARTS for example. Theres a bunch more badly cropped clearARTS out the too...

I just bought a pack from here.. http://www.ultimatefontdownload.com/ cost about 20 bucks.
I still can not find them all, like Wyrd Systers is impossible to match even still.

I have uploaded a few more so will see how we go.. again Smile
With the thousands of free fonts available all over the internet why would you buy them? :p
Btw I've decided to pass the approval and denial of your images off to someone else for sanity concerns.
Please stand by while I harass one of the noob mods into doing such.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4