• 28(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
I have changed the General Help page so it pulls in the rules http://fanart.tv/help/
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
for the most (more than 80%) of my uploads i use an 2/0/3 shadow... btw i've fixed my logo Wink i hope thats ok now Tongue
BlueNZ Wrote:Cheers Kode,
I'll be happy to do it shortly I just need to get some clarification and learn what to do better myself.
Thanks, I think that would be a big help to people.

If you want to see a list of denied images use these links:

http://fanart.tv/api/denied.php <- images denied today
http://fanart.tv/api/denied.php?get=week <- images denied this week
http://fanart.tv/api/denied.php?get=month <- images denied this month
http://fanart.tv/api/denied.php?get=all <- all images denied
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
BlueNZ Wrote:I just PMed hikari about this but just wanted to say that I DID resubmit three images today without any changes because I don't think anything is wrong with them.

Yes, I got your PM, all 3 times you sent me the same thing in 1 hour increments. I wasn't amused.

BlueNZ Wrote:when i read this thread it specifically said if you think the mods have made a mistake submit them again.

I really don't think anyone told you to do that, and if they did you're taking it out of context per your comment below:

BlueNZ Wrote:My point of resubmitting was to simply get an explanation about what was wrong and honestly, yes that means the other mod having a look at it.

Don't do this, I'm about the only one approving and denying images these days which means you just end up pissing me off like you already have.

BlueNZ Wrote:As for the mods, it would be great if they could take a moment and explain what the problem is and whether it's compression, jagged lines, low resolution or whatever the problem is rather than "image is not high enough quality". I've had about 30 images denied by a certain mod and only one has had any constructive remarks about the denial.

I got to go through over 100 logos the other day by myself and a lot of them were from you and a good many of them were really bad, I barely have time to process logos let alone give a detailed description for each and every one. On top of that you keep resubmitting the same images like a jackass making it even less likely that I will bother typing a reason.

Don't get me wrong I do appreciate your contributions but the flood of bad and repeat images needs to stop. Time permitting I'll try to provide better denial reasons, but no promises.
ppic: I'm going to have to think about the like thing a little more, currently like functionality is tied to a user account, and there is a unique index created on user_id/image_id so users can't vote multiple times, however, there is also a vote column, which is currently always set to 1, I could perhaps create a Logo downloader user, then check the user agent and if it's coming from your script and the image has already been voted on just increase the vote count.
hikaricore Wrote:I really don't think anyone told you to do that, and if they did you're taking it out of context per your comment below:
I think one of the mods accidentally denied an image and when questioned told them to reupload it, so I think it was just taken out of context from this.

So to confirm, if you think a logo has been denied by accident confirm it here, don't just reupload it.

hikaricore Wrote:Don't do this, I'm about the only one approving and denying images these days which means you just end up pissing me off like you already have.
Is there anything I can do to make things easier for you?

hikaricore Wrote:I got to go through over 100 logos the other day by myself and a lot of them were from you and a good many of them were really bad, I barely have time to process logos let alone give a detailed description for each and every one. On top of that you keep resubmitting the same images like a jackass making it even less likely that I will bother typing a reason.
If you get a chance to put together some borderline images that need denying, the reason why they would get denied, and what could be done to ensure they get approved, I would go through the list looking for ones which I can deny and point to those case studies, as it is, I'm not clear enough myself on what should be denied / approved to help out.
Also the point of using borderline images is so that people can look at them and compare them to the ones they are creating, and if their images aren't even as good as these ones that will be denied they will know there is no point uploading their crappy images.

Currently there is nothing to compare, so people upload any old crap.

*edit* Also if you don't know what they could do to improve an image that is fine, it would just be nice to have something that people can look at and say "oh... that would get denied?? That looks fine to me, why would that get denied? oh, I see, a few of mine have that problem as well, I'll fix that before I upload them"
hikaricore Wrote:Yes, I got your PM, all 3 times you sent me the same thing in 1 hour increments. I wasn't amused.
Try replying sometime and if you were sent it more than once it's because I went back and resubmitted it (once) to make sure it was sent as it wasn't in my sent box and I could see you were online and wondering why you didn't reply yet.

hikaricore Wrote:I really don't think anyone told you to do that, and if they did you're taking it out of context per your comment below - Don't do this, I'm about the only one approving and denying images these days which means you just end up pissing me off like you already have.
Previous posts on this thread say several times that if you think there was a mistake to resubmit. I'd quote them but I'm sure no proof is needed, it's all in the thread. As for pissing you off, sorry! Will avoid doing so in the future (even if it means not submitting any more).

hikaricore Wrote:I got to go through over 100 logos the other day by myself and a lot of them were from you and a good many of them were really bad, I barely have time to process logos let alone give a detailed description for each and every one. On top of that you keep resubmitting the same images like a jackass making it even less likely that I will bother typing a reason.
As I said previously I went through the denied logos and did the noted corrections and resubmitted thinking that my time and energy would be appreciated since so many people had failed to do simple corrections like bottom alignment.
As for time, I completely agree that you're working too hard and need some help. For the record I've made corrections on EVERY ONE of my resubmissions aside from the three today but without some guidance on what it's being denied for there's nothing more to be done than to try and guess what you've denied it for and resubmit. Chicken and the egg mate, if you spend more time explaining the denial you'll spend less time with resubmissions. Tabatha's Salon I've redone from scratch several times now and that (like a few others) I can only assume you're thinking are the same logo over and over again when they're new logos from different sources and different techniques at creating them.

So unless you take the time to explain the denial I won't bother submitting any more. Considering I've done 150 (approved) logos and cleararts in the last few weeks I hope you understand that while I may be "pissing you off" while learning, it would go a lot more smoothly with some constructive criticism and guidance and save you time and energy in the long run.

I look forward to a long and productive relationship in the future and hope my apology for the past mistakes can be noted and we can move forward in a constructive and mutually respective manner.
Kode Wrote:ppic: I'm going to have to think about the like thing a little more, currently like functionality is tied to a user account, and there is a unique index created on user_id/image_id so users can't vote multiple times, however, there is also a vote column, which is currently always set to 1, I could perhaps create a Logo downloader user, then check the user agent and if it's coming from your script and the image has already been voted on just increase the vote count.

ok, i'll wait.
your id idea is doable on my end Wink
hikaricore Wrote:Don't get me wrong I do appreciate your contributions but the flood of bad and repeat images needs to stop. Time permitting I'll try to provide better denial reasons, but no promises.
Just saw this now. Cheers mate, glad to hear and I'll be more mindful in the future.

kode Wrote:I think one of the mods accidentally denied an image and when questioned told them to reupload it, so I think it was just taken out of context from this.
So to confirm, if you think a logo has been denied by accident confirm it here, don't just reupload it.
Nope post was to resubmit if you think mods have made a mistake but duly noted I'll bring it here instead. Will have time to post a few tomorrow.

Nite guys!
BlueNZ: A less combatative attitude please, you will only rile him Tongue Your contribution is appreciated, you have to realise though that as hikaricore is the only person doing the denials most of the time it's not a fun job to do.

It's time consuming and no doubt annoying when you see the same (or what appears to be the same at any rate) image popping up from the same author time and time again.

I honestly believe the only real way to deal with it effectively is to educate the people submitting images from the beginning, with clear do's and donts, images they can study, tutorials they can follow, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm a developer, not a designer, I can't do this work. I NEED some people to step up and do this for me, and I have been asking for months with no real response (mcborzu is currently the only person to do a tutorial, for which I am very grateful) and so the site slowly plods along with no real progress.
Also I'd just like to say I started the site to give something to the community, I don't get anything from it, I didn't even use ClearLOGOs until a couple of months ago, and still don't use any of the other types. The only thing I seem to have got from the site so far is a bunch of DDoS.

I put a new post requesting help from designers and developers to push the site further in case the pleas in my sig were getting missed, and there has been zero interest (apart from ppic thanks mate).

If you think it's frustrating for you to have your images denied, having to wait for them to be approved, try imagining how frustrating it is for me to have basically zero help or support from the community I'm trying to serve.

I'm very grateful for the help I've had from hikaricore, mcborzu, ppic, markasread but it seems for the most part people just want to bitch and moan without actually having to invest any of their time helping out.

Anyway rant over Smile
ppic Wrote:ok, i'll wait.
your id idea is doable on my end Wink

Just to confirm, your scripts user agent is something along the lines of "Logo downloader 2.0.0" right? So if I search for "Logo downloader" in the user agent that would work regardless of the version number.
i didnt think that you havent no intrested pplz, because they are daily new request for logos and pplz like blue and me do this stuff (hey i create 50 logos round about but i needed only 4 of theme because the other logos was allready done....)

i like this site and i think databases likes this one (and tvdb etc... ) are neede for XBMC to make XBMC more stylish (i LOVE Clear logos for tv shows, its 1000000 times better as this normal banner stuff from tvdb)
Kode Wrote:Just to confirm, your scripts user agent is something along the lines of "Logo downloader 2.0.0" right? So if I search for "Logo downloader" in the user agent that would work regardless of the version number.

yes it should be good.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4