• 41(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
http://www.youtube.com/user/fanartdottv this is the new channel for fanart.tv video tutorials, hopefully we will be able to put a few more up there Smile
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Hey Kode,
hey all others around...

I don't know if it's a help, but regarding cdarts, one of our xbmcnerds.com users made a gimp-fu script for cdarts...

just copy the script to \~\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\scripts\
restart gimp
and then you have a button "cd" in the menu...then just opening the png from what you want to extract the cdart and click the button...finished...
if it doesn't fit, there's a slider to adjust the size of the cutted area...

you can find the script over at xbmcnerds.com in the download-database, exactly here:
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...&dataID=36

hope this helps...

cheers,
mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:Hey Kode,
hey all others around...

I don't know if it's a help, but regarding cdarts, one of our xbmcnerds.com users made a gimp-fu script for cdarts...
hope this helps...

cheers,
mm
Will definitly giva that a try. Does this also reduce the file size because that was my biggest problem so far. Keeping it under 600kb
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Will definitly giva that a try. Does this also reduce the file size because that was my biggest problem so far. Keeping it under 600kb

To be honest, I never cared about the file-size, so I did not check, yet...
but this would be quite easy for all users I guess...the worst part is done by the script...or someone takes the script as a basis and develops it further to also reduce the size under 600kb...

mm
mad-max Wrote:To be honest, I never cared about the file-size, so I did not check, yet...
but this would be quite easy for all users I guess...the worst part is done by the script...or someone takes the script as a basis and develops it further to also reduce the size under 600kb...

mm

Well me neither however it's a soft limit for fanart.tv
If this can be done semi automatic this will definitly increase the number of cdarts uploaded to them.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Let's see, will take a look at the script later on...first got to do some bugfixing in my skin Wink

mm
mad-max Wrote:Hey Kode,
hey all others around...

just copy the script to \~\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\scripts\
restart gimp
and then you have a button "cd" in the menu...then just opening the png from what you want to extract the cdart and click the button...finished...
if it doesn't fit, there's a slider to adjust the size of the cutted area...

you can find the script over at xbmcnerds.com in the download-database, exactly here:
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...&dataID=36

hope this helps...

cheers,
mm

Hi, I'm too stupid. Where in the menu I have that button?
Sorry for being a newb, but does this only work with neon?
does what only work with neon?

If you want to know what skins use fanart.tv artwork here is a list http://fanart.tv/skin-support/
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
jacktyler Wrote:Hi biochip,

I've started making a CDart video tutorial. CDarts aren't my speciality though, so it may take me a day or so to do it. I'll upload it as soon as it's done (might be later today, might be tomorrow).

I'll aim to make it about 15 minutes - it could be shorter, but I intend to cover 3 different types of the most common CD design.

Jack Smile

hi, how is going with tutorial? I will have a lot of free time in the weekend to make some CDs.
Kode Wrote:If you want to know what skins use fanart.tv artwork here is a list http://fanart.tv/skin-support/

Hey kode,
wanted to know if you can set my confluence-mod to the list of supporting cdart...
you might check my sig to get a quick view...or take a look here:
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...eadID=5015

would be nice if this is possible...

cheers,
mm
mad-max Wrote:Hey kode,
wanted to know if you can set my confluence-mod to the list of supporting cdart...
you might check my sig to get a quick view...or take a look here:
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...eadID=5015

would be nice if this is possible...

cheers,
mm

Of course mate Smile If you let me know what to tick and what to cross I'll sort that out for you.
biochip Wrote:hi, how is going with tutorial? I will have a lot of free time in the weekend to make some CDs.

it's going good Smile I'm sorry for the delay, but I rebuilt the GIMP template from bottom up (based on Giftie's version which was based on Sekhmet's version, so all credit to them).

I'll post something Saturday, the template and tutorial. It's working for me so far, I'm doing Cdarts in 10-15 mins based on this template. Of course it all depends how complicated your image is, but I'll upload something tomorrow. Smile Template is done, I just need to finish the vid.
Kode Wrote:Of course mate Smile If you let me know what to tick and what to cross I'll sort that out for you.

Great...here we go with the ticks:
tv-show: clearlogo, clearart
btw: what's tv-thumb? maybe my skin supports it and I don't know Laugh

music:clearlogo, cdart, albumcover, extrafanart(extrafanart is coming in the next release, but can be ticked as I is not far from being released )

rest is cross, though not much left...

Thanks for the help...

mm
mad-max Wrote:Great...here we go with the ticks:
tv-show: clearlogo, clearart
btw: what's tv-thumb? maybe my skin supports it and I don't know Laugh

music:clearlogo, cdart, albumcover, extrafanart(extrafanart is coming in the next release, but can be ticked as I is not far from being released )

rest is cross, though not much left...

Thanks for the help...

mm

TV Thumb is also known as landscape thumb or something I think. Its basically a fanart that is smaller, I'm not sure, I didn't create the type, I just host it Wink
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4