XBMC Live 10.0 does not work
with an Intel Atom 525 dual core, Intel NM10 chipset and Nvidia ION2 graphics package.

The xbmc Splash screen just keeps running. Same disk works in a different PC.

The only way to get it to work is install XBMCbuntu using Ubuntu Maverick mini-iso 10.10. Lucid 10.04 is missing the proper drivers is my guess.

Once it sops accessing the disk, if I hit escape the error messages on the screen are as follows:

[274.881502] BUG: soft lockup - CPU #3 stuck for 61s! [modprobe:1287]
[340.377504] BUG: soft lockup - CPU #3 stuck for 61s! [modprobe:1287]
[360.468051] INFO: task sched-powersave:1998 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
[360.470004] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_Timeout_secs" disables this message
And more of the CPU#3 stuck for 61s, Info and echo messages posted above!

Is xbmc live going to move to Maverick 10.10 anytime soon?
speed32219, what architecture are you using with the 10.10 mini-iso? I ran into the same problem with the Live CD and read somewhere that the issue may be attributed to the PAE kernel (I've seen reports of the PAE kernel on Karmic 9.10 up to Maverick 10.10 being problematic). I installed the 10.04 server i386 iso in expert mode on my ION2 box and selected the non-pae kernel. I followed the XBMCbuntu guide and everything was fine until I loaded ALSA. I then started getting the "CPU#0 stuck for 61s!" error. I think this issue has something to do with ALSA and the 2.6.32 kernel used in 10.04 (I haven't tried 10.10 i386 but 10.10 amd64 works without any issue).

I also tried XBMCfreak.nl's 10.10 live CD and that one errors out the same way so I can only assume that if your 10.10 installation is i386 and working that XBMCfreak.nl's live CD is also using a PAE kernel. Please let me know as I am interested in testing this further (and I am sick of running the AMD64 version of 10.10 because I can't get ZSNES to compile right).

Thanks!
speed32219, please tell us the exact make and model of your ion2 box. as you are trying to use the XBMC live dharma image from CD (which seems to run correctly on other hardware you tested), and others had success with the official live CD on their ion2 boxes, there might be a BIOS bug involved. either way, it would be helpful to know the exact hardware.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
The ION2 box that I have that has given me the same problem as experienced by speed32219 is a Jetway JBC600C99352W-BW.
ah I see, we have a thread about this box which shows the exact same issues

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78722

I'd say that this jetway box has a PAE BIOS bug which shows up on some kernels. please continue in the appropriate thread.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Yes, I have posted in that other thread, but it is in the hardware forum. I bought another Jetway and thought I would post it here, seems that this thread gets a little more attention than the hardware one. And live is easier to install with ATOM based processors coupled with Splash, Audio, etc. in about 1/8th the time.

Just wanted to shed some light on the issue, sorry if this is considered a double post. Don't know about a Bios bug, could be, but Maverick fixes it for us. That's why I asked if Live was going to be offered with Maverick or the next ubuntu release, since the xbmc 10.0 release notes stated a beefed up Lucid with ION2 support. Which doesn't seem to help with Intel NM10 chipsets or new 500 series processors as far as Lucid is concerned.
flood8496 Wrote:speed32219, what architecture are you using with the 10.10 mini-iso? I ran into the same problem with the Live CD and read somewhere that the issue may be attributed to the PAE kernel (I've seen reports of the PAE kernel on Karmic 9.10 up to Maverick 10.10 being problematic). I installed the 10.04 server i386 iso in expert mode on my ION2 box and selected the non-pae kernel. I followed the XBMCbuntu guide and everything was fine until I loaded ALSA. I then started getting the "CPU#0 stuck for 61s!" error. I think this issue has something to do with ALSA and the 2.6.32 kernel used in 10.04 (I haven't tried 10.10 i386 but 10.10 amd64 works without any issue).

I also tried XBMCfreak.nl's 10.10 live CD and that one errors out the same way so I can only assume that if your 10.10 installation is i386 and working that XBMCfreak.nl's live CD is also using a PAE kernel. Please let me know as I am interested in testing this further (and I am sick of running the AMD64 version of 10.10 because I can't get ZSNES to compile right).

Thanks!

Yes, same problem with xbmc and XBMCfreak's latest beta II live release. If I install it from scratch using maverick 32 bit 10.10 and XBMCbuntu (which I have always done the XBMCbuntu, up until the new Jetways I bought to save power in the bedrooms), and install ALSA from the backports everthing is fine.

Linux XBMC 2.6.35-22-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 20:36:48 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Just takes a lot longer to get the box up and running with Lirc, WOL, Splash, Audio, etc. etc. that you do not have to do with a Live install. Not to mention installing Ubuntu.
Question 
So, has there been any update for this bug?

I just downloaded and installed Dharma from the Live CD to my Jetway MiniTop and XBMC does not start... I just keep getting the following error every minute or so...

BUG: soft lockup - CPU#2 stuck for 61s! [modprobe:527]
Any update/progress on this? I am having the same problem..
Likewise I have the same problem Intel D525 1.8GHz, Intel NM10, GT218 ION2 running Award BIOS, manufacturer Magic-Pro (ProMini-Top 2)

"CPU #2 stuck for 61s"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 10.0 does not work0