• 3(current)
[RELEASE] - Vortex for Win32
Yes, i really love this visualization plugin, but unfortunately it doesn't work on latest Eden beta... i hope that it can be updated / fixed soon...
Digital Vortex Wrote:I really like this plugin. Nod

Feature requests:
1. in the next version, could you have it so that it is a constant preset..
(Time Between Presets = 0 / Off ? )
So if you choose the Singing Skull he sticks around for the whole playlist Laugh
2. One Preset per song - once a new song starts, a new preset starts

Thanks for your efforts!

Both of these options need to happen.

Thanks for making this! Works really well!
XBMC Frodo RC2 | 3.2GHz AMD Phenom II | ASUS M4A88TD-V | 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws | Crucial M4 64GB SSD | Windows 7 Premium
Any update on this so it can work on Eden? It is really very beautiful visualization!
(2012-05-05, 15:21)sstavross Wrote: Any update on this so it can work on Eden? It is really very beautiful visualization!

a very nice visualization plugin. also i'm waiting Eden version ! and i hope it isnt so late.
I don't suppose you could upload the source of your changes as a fork of the XBMC GitHub repository?

That would enable other folks to try and move this forward to Eden or even indeed to the nighties?

Thanks,
Bill
i'm still using it on my good ol xbox.
and realy lovin it.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
I've finally sorted out a new version of Vortex that is compatible with the nightly builds that use the Audio Engine. This doesn't work with XBMC 11.0 due to issues with the audio data being sent to the plugins.

Vortex 1.0.2

MrC
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@MrC, thanks work great in Frodo.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
The download link for 1.0.2 seems to be dead. Is there a working download for it anywhere?
Updated link: Vortex 1.0.2
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
finally! thank you sooo much.

is it somehow possible to access the current color theme of a skin to adjust the rendering colors of the visualization? say if the current colour theme (or a special string set in skinsettings) is blue, display the spectrum analyzer in shades of blue!
there is a problem with the addon: it isn't possible to use a visualisation in a size other then full screen.
the skinning engine of xbmc allows to size and place a visualisation control very free. but if the choosen visualisation is vortex than it is fullscreen all the time.

to prove just add
Code:
<control type="visualisation">
  <description>visualisation control</description>
  <posx>400</posx>
  <posy>0</posy>
  <width>800</width>
  <height>300</height>
</control>
in line 33 in MusicOverlay.xml of the foundation skin.
Its very good! looks very much like r4
(2012-09-24, 07:45)MrC Wrote: Updated link: Vortex 1.0.2

That link seems to be broken, is there a mirror anywhere?
Please update the links. Thank you.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Vortex for Win324