• 2(current)
Removal of Files views - need skinner comments
I was going to make a windows build and upload it for people but it doesn't build for me
Quote:1> XBMChttp.cpp
1>..\..\xbmc\interfaces\http-api\XBMChttp.cpp(2625): error C2039: 'm_iMyVideoStack' : is not a member of 'CSettings'
1> ..\..\xbmc\settings/Settings.h(97) : see declaration of 'CSettings'
1>..\..\xbmc\interfaces\http-api\XBMChttp.cpp(2625): error C2661: 'CStdStr<CT>::Format' : no overloaded function takes 2 arguments
1> with
1> [
1> CT=char
1> ]
Grr, httpapi being built outside xcode - will fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fix pushed.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok here is a windows build (no installer) for skinners to test since most skinners use windows it seems, just unrar it to a location and run it
I noticed a bug that if you actually have no sources at all you can't add any in the GUI

Don't go over writing your XBMC install with it its test code and doesn't work 100% yet it is nice though.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD Me and team XBMC are not responsible if it screws up your current xbmc install
If you have no sources then there'll be a "Add Videos..." in the root of the library (rather than the Files node). Maybe you had no sources but did have video addons? Or did you go directly to files and it listed nothing?

I can see 'Add Videos...' but clicking it does nothing.

This is using the build Jezz posted.
I used my same sources.xml as before.
It seems to be faster than before, but in Confluence with List view, and viewing files, it will bring up the files in the list and their sizes, then the sizes will disappear from anything not being "stacked", leaving sizes for the stacked files off to the right.
I see now what you meant by the end-user shouldn't notice, other than have more library info available in the new pseudo file view.
It also seems to hold individual sorts for different folders in files view, which is nice.
I even deleted the MyVideo.xml just to make sure it wasn't using it.

All seems great, unless non-stacked files should also be showing file sizes.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Spoke too soon, on sort working. I does "work" but it does the same thing it has been doing for close to 2 years. If I change the sort order, it increases the load time of that bookmark from 3x to infinity. Even on bookmarks that haven't had the order changed. Once I change the sort order on anything, the load time goes crazy on everything, until I delete the ViewModes.db file, then everything is all peppy again (albeit no sub folders sorted differently). I used to live with this shortcoming before by using the library to find things alphabetical, and the file mode for sorting by date (newly added tv and movies at the top). If I change the sort mode one time to date, delete the ViewModes.db, reboot, the file mode would sort everything by date, but without the hanging.
Like I said, this is an old issue, and shouldn't be associated with your new changes. I was just mentioning that it's still there.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
MacGyver Wrote:I used my same sources.xml as before.

Cheers, that's got it working.
While not a skinning thing but it would be good if the info loading, even if background threaded, works with jsonrpc. So would be good if the filling of extra data is reusable for jsonrpc, even if it would do both retrieval and fill metadata in one go. Just something to think about Smile

I think getting each item with full metadata, i.e. doing it in an online fashion, might be the best option. This may also work fine with plugins (and jsonrpc).

Psuedocode on core: I (gui, jsonrpc or whatever) query the library and give it a callback. The callback does OnItem(foo); a couple of times and OnEOS (or similairly named).

JSONRPC knows that it should ship out the list when the EOS is done, the GUI will stop the "processing" when thats done. This also means that the plugins could essentially just implement OnItem, OnEOS in their implementation. Obviously there need to be some refinement as we might want to specify give me X through Y and with sort Z to the implementation (as it knows best what it is). The only real downside with this I guess is that if a plugin is giving one million OnItems we would need to store that somehow, but I guess that problem will always be there and is always there already.

The library code would query vfs for the list then submit all items to be background loaded, whenever one of the items finishes it gives an OnItem. What needs to be thought out I guess is if the OnItems needs to come in order or if thats meant to be handled by the "client".
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
jmarshall Wrote:If you have no sources then there'll be a "Add Videos..." in the root of the library (rather than the Files node). Maybe you had no sources but did have video addons? Or did you go directly to files and it listed nothing?

Wouldn't it make sense to have an "Add Videos..." entry there regardless of whether the user has sources?

Having it in the context menu is not the most logical place imo. All other context menu related actions apply to the current selected item, whereas adding a new source does not.

Also, having it in the main node would be more consistent considering the "Get more..." that is used in the add-on nodes. And essentially, from a user perspective, it's basically the same type of action, namely "getting more stuff added"
It seems to count an automatically mounted CD/DVD as a source. Maybe you could exclude those items when checking whether to add a "add source" item?

btw do you want general quirk-reports regarding this change? I just love testing out the new stuff Smile
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
@MacGyver - weird. Definitely shouldn't be doing that - start a new thread about your existing problem.

@Jeroen - agreed - will place "Add Videos..." permanently within the sources://video/ node (in addition to the root if it's empty).

@topfs2 - yeah, something like that I think is better - there's a number of things to sort out (pun not intended :p), but essentially making the whole "get a directory" thing backgrounded and done via callbacks is probably better than fetch then grab background info. Perhaps we could discuss this in a separate thread in development?

I'll try and get to some cleanup of the context menu today.

Cheers,
Jonathan

@watzen - sure, I don't mind quirk reports - I can always ignore them if I can't be bothered Smile

Ok, ignore at will Smile

1. Ok so it upgrades the db, but the resulting db isn't working on a mysql setup. Items are listed in the views while trying to play them results in a "file can not be found. Do you want to remove it from the library"-dialog. Running the build on a clean/empty mysql db works good though.
lol wish I read this first:
Quote:Also note: This updates your video database, so make sure you back it up first (I have another branch that'll alleviate this issue that's awaiting review).

2. I'm missing the "Movie/Episode Information" context menu item. "i" works though
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removal of Files views - need skinner comments0