New features for Official XBMC Remote (Android)...
I would like an option to download fanart aswell.
ohoffm Wrote:I would like to be able to use the android keyboard when inputting text. That would be sweet.

+1 to this. I've been using Gmote to input text from my phone when needed and it works well enough but it'd be awesome if this was integrated into the XBMC remote app directly somehow.
EngiBenchi Wrote:Once I was able to forward a link to a movie trailer to my XBMC box. At that time it happened accidentally. But I can't reproduce it. Huh
It happened when I long-pressed the link to the trailer in my browser. (the normal android browser) I got a "sent to xbmc" option in the context menu.
But not any more. Does anyone know how to enable it again?

I've been trying to figure this out, too! I can launch videos from the Engadget app through XBMC Remote, but I'm dying to find a good way to browse and launch a broader collection of videos. Any thoughts?
Buttons to change audio track and subtitles!
Godfazzer Wrote:Buttons to change audio track and subtitles!

+1
Godfazzer Wrote:Buttons to change audio track and subtitles!

Definately, I've already requested custom buttons/keyboard input to do this several times.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
The remote is awesome.
But also joining the list of people who'd like to have audio/subtitle toggle/switch.
Meglivorn Wrote:The remote is awesome.
But also joining the list of people who'd like to have audio/subtitle toggle/switch.

double ditto
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Meglivorn Wrote:The remote is awesome.

Better post/vote up here, that's a better trace than here under this generic thread.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
This feature may need to be a separate app but I think it would be killer if it was integrated into the remote when it was in the background. Here's the idea...

Im always checking facebook/twitter on my android and ppl are constantly posting youtube content. I'll click on interesting ones and if it looks good I dont want to have to rebrowse for it on xbmc. This app would run in the background monitoring what your looking at on your phone and has your XBMC web interface info.

If you are looking at a youtube video on your phone, you swipe your phone towards your tv in a flicking motion and it fires the youtube video to the XBMC youtube addon. Ideally this could work for multiple online portals - TED, revision3, etc.

Not sure if this is possible but if XBMC can't play the link such as Vimeo then it could launch the clip in a web browser on your HTPC.

I am looking at coding this but being very busy atm I'm sure another dev could get somthing up quicker. If you had the XBMC app already connected as remote control then having this work when XBMC remote was in the background would be the ultimate IMHO.

Let me know what you think...
a
Any plans to implement an onscreen keyboard with the official Android remote? I really don't like having to move up, down, left, right if I have to type text. All too often I end up pressing the wrong button or exiting inadvertently and having to start all over again.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
+1 for keyboard support. Please look into adding this feature!
The app is pretty well. I just like a few things to be changed / added:
1. The off button in the remote. Sometimes I press it accidentily when trying to push the stop button and the mediacenter shuts down. Put it somewhere under the menu button or something.
2. Landscape / portrait... There is no "Now Playing" in landscape. Have to rotate phone all the time. Also when I'm browsing trough my music folder and rotate my phone, I'm getting "No media found" and I have to go back to the root folder.
3. As said before, option to use the Android keyboard to fill in text fields in XBMC.
4. Haven't found it yet, but I'd like a reverse option of the "Play with XBMC" function. So you can choose files wich will be streamed to your phone for remote listening.
5. Playlist editing. In the "Now playing" screen you can also see your playlist, but you cannot edit it. You can add files, but not remove, replace or enque. Also a shuffle option would be nice.

For the rest, this app is very good! Use it always, don't have any other remote for my mediacenter Wink. This options would definitely increase my user experience!
-Android keyboard use.
-Shuffle/repeat toggling (can't believe this is missing)
-Playlist editing: I wanna build heaps of playlist using my phone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New features for Official XBMC Remote (Android)...0