• 37(current)
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)
(2015-03-18, 22:22)Matt Devo Wrote: correct. I don't have time to bother tracking auctions Smile

Haha. Makes sense. Also one thing I just noticed. The eBay option that I want is Brand New (Open Box). Still should be okay? I would assume so because of the reasons you stated before.
Another question I have is when I get the unit, does anyone have any step by step advice on making sure the unit is good before I start following the wiki set up page and opening it up, et cetera. I'll only have 14 days to return if needed. Thanks!
(2015-03-19, 00:01)anillilani7 Wrote: Another question I have is when I get the unit, does anyone have any step by step advice on making sure the unit is good before I start following the wiki set up page and opening it up, et cetera. I'll only have 14 days to return if needed. Thanks!
I just plugged in the box and turned it on. Then I played with the chrome os for a short while, before opening it up to install the Openelec.
Primary Sony 85" X8500F LED, Yamaha RX-V685, Odroid N2 4GB running CoreElec 19.4 RC1 (Kodi Matrix), SVS 5.1 Sound
Secondary Panasonic 50" ST50 Plasma, Pioneer AV916, Asus Chromebox running LibreElec (Kodi Leia)
Thanks for the guide it helped me a lot.

I wanted a box that can have my terrestrial aerial plugged into it so I can watch live TV channels within xbmc.

So I went for a wetek in the end and bought it directly from the wetek website with a today only 20% promo so it cost about £65.

I will also need to buy an external hard drive if I want to record the TV channels but I'll think about that once I have it setup.
(2015-03-16, 20:57)hdmkv Wrote: poofyhairguy, I've added a chart here for 3D player options if you want to link to it in your first post. I plan on keeping it updated.

Thank you for that! I will give feedback in your thread! Great idea though!

hi guys i figured i post this here rather then making a new thread im building a media server but not sure whut to use as client for each of my tv i need a box that can play mkv and mp4 files and stream live tv to it as well as netflix and wwenetwork would like it in one package not have to dual boot if possible
More information needed.

- Remote Control or Mouse ?
- Perfect 24p sync ?
- Cost of each client ?

if your talking to me remote control not sure about 24p lol cost no clue need them to be easy to use cus my mom is not most tech savvy i would like her to beable to change channel without me have to do it for her lol
Read the first post in this thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ok guys be kind, my ASUS ChromeBox as just arrived and i want to run Openelec and kodi in a single boot mode I've read the wiki and all seems straight forward enough, but just for the commands(never done anything like this before) would i type curl -L -O http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W then enter wait for it to do it's thing then type sudo bash 3Tfu5W press enter let it do it's thing again or do i type it all in and press enter once? sorry for the lame post just want to get things straight before i start. Cheers

Edit: sorry guys forget that just read it again and it tells you to press enter after each command
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Right then back again lol, all was going fine finished all the steps then rebooted but now the chromebox just sits at the booting from hard disk screen, any ideas as to what I've done wrong? cheers
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

There is only a 259 Page thread for Chromebox troubleshooting, maybe you missed it ! Big Grin

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362

how does a chromebox compare to a box like ugoos ut3?

Ugoos UT3 – TV box with 2GB RAM (1GB as option), 16 GB flash (64 GB as option), GB Ethernet, Wi-fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0, 3x USB host ports, and HDMI 2.0 output and HDMI 1.4 input

www.cnx-software.com/2014/04/11/ugoos-ut3-rk3288-board/

right now I'm using an ugoos ut2 and I like android because I can use the web browser and download apps like showbox, but xbmc 12.4 that can pre installed gives me a lot of problems so I'm looking to upgrade.
(2015-03-21, 13:27)wints Wrote: Right then back again lol, all was going fine finished all the steps then rebooted but now the chromebox just sits at the booting from hard disk screen, any ideas as to what I've done wrong? cheers

(2015-03-21, 13:42)wrxtasy Wrote: There is only a 259 Page thread for Chromebox troubleshooting, maybe you missed it ! Big Grin

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362

there's also a troubleshooting section on the ChromeBox wiki page that addresses that exact issue - go figure!

(2015-03-21, 18:45)THE VEIN Wrote: how does a chromebox compare to a box like ugoos ut3?

Ugoos UT3 – TV box with 2GB RAM (1GB as option), 16 GB flash (64 GB as option), GB Ethernet, Wi-fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0, 3x USB host ports, and HDMI 2.0 output and HDMI 1.4 input

www.cnx-software.com/2014/04/11/ugoos-ut3-rk3288-board/

right now I'm using an ugoos ut2 and I like android because I can use the web browser and download apps like showbox, but xbmc 12.4 that can pre installed gives me a lot of problems so I'm looking to upgrade.

they aren't comparable at all, one is Linux/x86 and one is Android. Each has advantages/disadvantages specific to that platform and/or chipset.
ok well with the chromebox if I use openelec to run kodi would I be able to use a web browser or download the android app showbox? I'm very new at this
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)26