Jailbreak help
Sorry if this is the wrong place.

After a frustrating few hours, I found this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post739034
Which gave great screenshots and simple instructions on getting the apple TV into DFU mode. Turns out I'd actually done it with the first USB cable I tried.

OK, so now for the problem. According to windows device manager I have "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)" with a yellow warnign triangle.
Code:
"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

Now, when I run Greenpois0n I click the prepare to jailbreak and lett it do the countdowns (as the device is already in DFU mode) but it just goes through and asks me to "try again"

Any ideas please?

Thanks
J
Sounds like you're not timing the steps properly. Keep trying.
Make sure iTunes is installed. I believe that installs the USB drives necessary for DFU mode.

If your device is in DFU mode already, GreenPois0n will recognize that and won't go through the countdowns.

So it sounds more like a driver issues. Especially if that is the error message you are getting.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=733368&postcount=9
dazex Wrote:Make sure iTunes is installed. I believe that installs the USB drives necessary for DFU mode.

If your device is in DFU mode already, GreenPois0n will recognize that and won't go through the countdowns.

So it sounds more like a driver issues. Especially if that is the error message you are getting.

Bang on the money, installed itunes, then it all worked.

Just a note to others, without the driver, the device name under devices and printers changes to Apple Mobile Device (DFU MODE) etc, but with the driver, the device name doesn't change, however the device properties are as shown in dazex's other post mentionned above.

Anyway, got it working, XBMC didn't install via nitoTV, so tried via ssh, that gave an error, but seems to have done the job.

Many thanks.
BTW,

I was having trouble with the jailbreak, just couldn't get it to take. I was connecting through a USB port. On a lark, connected directly to the computer. BAM! Success. Who knows...

Just in case someone reading is still having problems... good luck
Quote:just couldn't get it to take. I was connecting through a USB port. On a lark, connected directly to the computer. BAM! Success

huh? this doesn't make any sense to me. How else do you connect directly to the computer other than the USB?
mcdannej Wrote:BTW,

I was having trouble with the jailbreak, just couldn't get it to take. I was connecting through a USB port. On a lark, connected directly to the computer. BAM! Success. Who knows...

Just in case someone reading is still having problems... good luck

You probably meant a USB hub, not a USB port since they're generally connected directly to the computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbreak help1