What Version of Ubuntu is the latest live on?
Still running XBMC Live on ubuntu 9.10 ... Is this the latest OS version that runs live or do i have to do something else to upgrade ubuntu to maverick
Lucid. 10.04.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
They are always using latest LTS versions.
Not always LTS. Usually XBMC Team uses whatever Ubuntu version is out for at least a couple of months. Dharma is using Lucid because Maverick was released a short period before Dharma and time to test was next to zero.

Eden will probably get out on top of Maverick because it should coincide with Natty getting out and that gives - again - almost no time to test.

h.udo
EN/PT
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Numus Wrote:Still running XBMC Live on ubuntu 9.10 ... Is this the latest OS version that runs live or do i have to do something else to upgrade ubuntu to maverick

Install Maverick. Read this and check my signature for more details.

h.udo
EN/PT
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hudo Wrote:Install Maverick. Read this and check my signature for more details.

h.udo
EN/PT

There isn't a simple upgrade option?

How do i install the limited version of maverick like how XBMC Live currently is.. dont wantt o install the entire OS
I had to reinstall xbmc live from a usb drive... Upgrading ubuntu didnt work...
Numus Wrote:I had to reinstall xbmc live from a usb drive... Upgrading ubuntu didnt work...

i too am a linux noob, and realised i am still running the latest version of live on 9.10. how did you upgrade to 10.04 in the end? and if you had to reinstall the whole thing, did you lose your userdata?
I guess I would ask, for what reason are you looking to upgrade? I'm running compiled XBMC on 10.10 and ran into tons of sound issues but I wanted onto 10.10 for some specific reasons. I actually dropped back to 9.10 for awhile on a spare box while I sorted the issues. I got it working finally but sadly one of the features I wanted requires Pulseaudio - which I had to remove to solve the sound issues! Sad

Unless you really have a need I'd stick to what works. Maybe update XBMC but if the OS is stable and working with no issues, don't update just to update.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
i'm having an issue getting my usb hard drives to automount, not a biggie but the guide i found was for 9.11 upwards i think. other than that it does work almost perfectly, occasionally stutters on 1080p mkv but thats a whole other world of hurt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What Version of Ubuntu is the latest live on?0